Schumi comes back

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Gonner

Re: Schumi comes back

mep wrote:It is confirmed, Sabine Kehm press relations officer just said it in german TV.

The same girl that was almost ready to swear on her mother's head he wouldn't come back two days ago. I love press relations officer.

ISLAMATRON

Never was a MS fan, asshole that he is, but this a proper retirement party/sendoff a champion deserves. One that he never really got his last year at Ferrari before the '"spaghetti management" idiots took over. Unfortunately its come under bad circumstances with Massa's injuries, but the good new is Massa seems to be doing well.

Only superficial F1 fans would allow any comparisons to KIMI to tarnish MS's reputation, MS has done it well enough himself with all his bullshit antics vs Hill, JV, parking it in Monaco and such.

Guess the Italians "made him an offer he couldnt refuse"

timbo

Well, Michael is known for his ability to learn quickly. He is the man who learned Spa on a bicycle)) So adapting for F60 won't be a huge problem.
I think he may have a problem with setting an adequate goal for himself. I doubt he would be in position to fight for the win. Maybe he can score a podium. Problem is that many fans would want him to dominate and this just ain't possible...
Although it will be fun if I'm wrong.

Yeah, Gonner is a man of high standards for sure - seems like right now Michael is one of the many others for him:lol:. Is he on par with DeCesaris, mate 8) ?

DaveKillens

I wish him well, and coming out of retirement doesn't cause him any setbacks.

Geesh, Ferrari sure are playing the media game to the hilt. I guess that since their year is pretty much a disaster, they will grasp at any straws to get any positive publicity. After Massa's crash, Ferrari should have installed one of their test drivers to attempt some points. Instead they did the old... he's hurt, park his car, make sure the world watches us in our pain.

It's really a bloody shame that some young prospect doesn't get a chance .. instead a retiree has to do it for Ferrari.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Mr Alcatraz

sstanescu wrote:Man, oh man! Der Kaiser is back!

I wish it would have happen, sooner or later, but definetly not replacing poor Massa! Now the team will have massive exposure and I can only hope the media will not eat him. If he manage to stay close to Kimi, fine with me. Maybe the team, for sake of good old times, will give him a 50bhp more :lol:

Seriously speaking, I can read Ferrari's move the following way: "We are screwed this year, we lost Massa for a while, Kimi.... well...you know him... Would you drive for us, doing some real development for the next year? The chaps really need some reliable feedback." I guess it was a tough choice, but, as a Schumi fan, I guess he is going to do it because of his character, because the red army needs again a brave man to lead them in battle.

Anyway, let's hope he's fit, he's hungry, and Alonso will have the opportunity to fight with him again in Valencia (why on earth they are not putting a huge fine on Renault, deduct point from them, but let the poor drivers do their job?)

So, a warm welcome from me, Schumi! =D>
Excellent post!
I wonder if the ridiculous suspension of Renault stands,
Fred will hang out in the Ferrari pit and hospitality area,
just kickin' it with Felipe.
This could be as big a draw as having Fred on the track

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

i70q7m7ghw

Guys I'd like to repeat. Yes I KNOW that he should not be expected to be as fast as Kimi for all the reasons you've said. But normal people who don't understand those things will simply percieve that he came back and Kimi beat him, making Kimi a better driver and history will do the same, when people look back that the results in black and white it'll look bad for Micheal. Bad Move.

FYI - They have other drivers available to drive the car, probably drivers more suited, MS in the car is nothing more than a publicity stunt. Swing it any way you like, heroic or what ever, its publicity. Who is the designated reserver driver? I'd imagine he's pretty pissed.

Gonner

timbo wrote:Well, Michael is known for his ability to learn quickly. He is the man who learned Spa on a bicycle)) So adapting for F60 won't be a huge problem.
I think he may have a problem with setting an adequate goal for himself. I doubt he would be in position to fight for the win. Maybe he can score a podium. Problem is that many fans would want him to dominate and this just ain't possible...
Although it will be fun if I'm wrong.

Yeah, Gonner is a man of high standards for sure - seems like right now Michael is one of the many others for him:lol:. Is he on par with DeCesaris, mate 8) ?

Under De Cesaris :lol:

No, under ( in disorder ) Fangio, Senna, Clark, Prost, Brabham and Stewart.
That doesn't make him the worst pilot ever, does it ?

Gonner

DaveKillens wrote: It's really a bloody shame that some young prospect doesn't get a chance .. instead a retiree has to do it for Ferrari.

Instead of Schumi, it could have been Badoer, Gene or Bourdais.

Do you see a young prospect there ? :lol:

mep

The same thing happened 1999 when Schumacher was injured.
Mika Salo drove the Ferrari instead of the test drivers and he did very well.
In fact he was able to compete with Irvine, but had to let him pass several times.
So this seems to be normal.

Shrek

I wonder what will happen if Schumi wins?
Spencer

bidong

kimi will easily blast him away. they call him the iceman cause he will never feel any point of intimidation. yes, the team will be fully backing a legendary world champion in the form of MS. but surely, kimi knows he has speed. and this will be his proving point to quash all alonso rumors for next year.

jddh1

DaveKillens wrote:I wish him well, and coming out of retirement doesn't cause him any setbacks.

Geesh, Ferrari sure are playing the media game to the hilt. I guess that since their year is pretty much a disaster, they will grasp at any straws to get any positive publicity. After Massa's crash, Ferrari should have installed one of their test drivers to attempt some points. Instead they did the old... he's hurt, park his car, make sure the world watches us in our pain.

It's really a bloody shame that some young prospect doesn't get a chance .. instead a retiree has to do it for Ferrari.
DK, what are you talking about? They could have not installed another driver because that other driver DID NOT QUALIFY for the race. There are rules out there dude.

jddh1

Diesel wrote:Guys I'd like to repeat. Yes I KNOW that he should not be expected to be as fast as Kimi for all the reasons you've said. But normal people who don't understand those things will simply percieve that he came back and Kimi beat him, making Kimi a better driver and history will do the same, when people look back that the results in black and white it'll look bad for Micheal. Bad Move.

FYI - They have other drivers available to drive the car, probably drivers more suited, MS in the car is nothing more than a publicity stunt. Swing it any way you like, heroic or what ever, its publicity. Who is the designated reserver driver? I'd imagine he's pretty pissed.
So what if it's a publicity stunt. It's not like they're fighting for any of the world championships.
In fact, I'll tell ya, Schumi will make the podium in Valencia, if not actually win the race. Mark my words.

Gonner

jddh1 wrote:
Diesel wrote:Guys I'd like to repeat. Yes I KNOW that he should not be expected to be as fast as Kimi for all the reasons you've said. But normal people who don't understand those things will simply percieve that he came back and Kimi beat him, making Kimi a better driver and history will do the same, when people look back that the results in black and white it'll look bad for Micheal. Bad Move.

So what if it's a publicity stunt. It's not like they're fighting for any of the world championships.
In fact, I'll tell ya, Schumi will make the podium in Valencia, if not actually win the race. Mark my words.
L'espoir fait vivre.