Schumi comes back

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
kilcoo316

Re: Schumi comes back

I would laugh if Schumacher came back and schooled the lot of them.

It is worth remembering Schumacher can drive around problems like no other. This year's Ferrari, as we all know, does not have its problems to seek.

DaveKillens

jddh1 wrote:DK, what are you talking about? They could have not installed another driver because that other driver DID NOT QUALIFY for the race. There are rules out there dude.
19) CHANGES OF DRIVER
19.1 a) During a season each team will be permitted to use four drivers. Changes may be made at any time before the start of the qualifying practice session provided any change proposed after 16.00 on the day of scrutineering receives the consent of the stewards.
Additional changes for reasons of force majeure will be considered separately.
2009 F1 Sporting Regulations 8 of 42 24 March 2009
Any new driver may score points in the Championship.
b) In addition to the above each team will be permitted to run additional drivers during P1 and P2 provided :
- the stewards are informed which cars and drivers each team intends to use in each session before the end of initial scrutineering, changes after this time may only be made with the consent of the stewards ;
- no more than two drivers are used in any one session ;
- they carry the race number of the nominated driver they replace ;
- they are in possession of a Super Licence.
c) If one of the team’s nominated drivers is unable to drive at some stage after the end of initial scrutineering, and the stewards consent to a change of driver, the replacement driver must use the engine, gearbox and tyres which were allocated to the original driver (see Articles 25.3 and 28.4).
This is definitely a "force majeure" situation. And all it took was consent by the stewards.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

andartop

bidong wrote:kimi will easily blast him away. they call him the iceman cause he will never feel any point of intimidation. yes, the team will be fully backing a legendary world champion in the form of MS. but surely, kimi knows he has speed. and this will be his proving point to quash all alonso rumors for next year.
Every time Schumi is anywhere near the pitlane Kimi doesn't even get to finish his race. Having both of them in the track will either lead to an utter disaster (ie crashing each other out) or will finally cancel the spell and give Ferrari the first 1-2 of the season!!!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

sknguy

andartop wrote:
bidong wrote:kimi will easily blast him away. they call him the iceman cause he will never feel any point of intimidation. yes, the team will be fully backing a legendary world champion in the form of MS. but surely, kimi knows he has speed. and this will be his proving point to quash all alonso rumors for next year.
Every time Schumi is anywhere near the pitlane Kimi doesn't even get to finish his race. Having both of them in the track will either lead to an utter disaster (ie crashing each other out) or will finally cancel the spell and give Ferrari the first 1-2 of the season!!!
Well... Kimi (in a faster McLaren) had trouble passing Michael (in a slower Ferrari) at Suzuka in '05. I think it'd be too close to call. Although both are world-class drivers, neither is very creative. lol

sstanescu

modbaraban wrote:
sstanescu wrote:I can read Ferrari's move the following way: "We are screwed this year, we lost Massa for a while, Kimi.... well...you know him... Would you drive for us, doing some real development for the next year? The chaps really need some reliable feedback."
"....so let's bring in a 40 year old driver with recent motorcycle injury, that haven't stepped in an F1 car for a year and haven't raced for 3 years, and will not race next year! Now that would be some feedback hehe! So lest throw him in without testing! Yay!"

=D> :mrgreen:
As long as testing time in limited, maybe there is a need for for out-of-the-box thinking. Let's not thrash MS around: he was a real talent, and usualy that does not vanish over night or over few years.

Well, you could be right in your opinion. Or completely wrong. But does not this make all the excitement? I love him back, but I love more having him on the track facing the young or not so young guns (Vetel vs Schumacher squirmish?!). This make F1 exciting, not more boring than it is.

mx_tifoso

DaveKillens wrote:It's really a bloody shame that some young prospect doesn't get a chance .. instead a retiree has to do it for Ferrari.
Wait, but aren't you the one with a Nuvolari avatar? 8)

Shrek wrote:I wonder what will happen if Schumi wins?
He gets the top step of the podium, nothing new really :roll: .
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

jddh1

DaveKillens wrote:
jddh1 wrote:DK, what are you talking about? They could have not installed another driver because that other driver DID NOT QUALIFY for the race. There are rules out there dude.
19) CHANGES OF DRIVER
19.1 a) During a season each team will be permitted to use four drivers. Changes may be made at any time before the start of the qualifying practice session provided any change proposed after 16.00 on the day of scrutineering receives the consent of the stewards.
Additional changes for reasons of force majeure will be considered separately.
2009 F1 Sporting Regulations 8 of 42 24 March 2009
Any new driver may score points in the Championship.
b) In addition to the above each team will be permitted to run additional drivers during P1 and P2 provided :
- the stewards are informed which cars and drivers each team intends to use in each session before the end of initial scrutineering, changes after this time may only be made with the consent of the stewards ;
- no more than two drivers are used in any one session ;
- they carry the race number of the nominated driver they replace ;
- they are in possession of a Super Licence.
c) If one of the team’s nominated drivers is unable to drive at some stage after the end of initial scrutineering, and the stewards consent to a change of driver, the replacement driver must use the engine, gearbox and tyres which were allocated to the original driver (see Articles 25.3 and 28.4).
This is definitely a "force majeure" situation. And all it took was consent by the stewards.
Agreed, but I specifically remember Peter Windsor mentioning that the stewards did not consent for a driver to take Massa's position because the 3rd driver had not completed a single lap that weekend and so it was against the rules.
I'm not the one making the rules. In this case, bash the stewards who did not deem appropriate to have Massa replaced. That is also supported by the fact that the 10th grid position was left vacant and the other cars behind were not allowed to move up (which is the case if they had allowed the driver change since he would've had to start last.)

Sterl the Pearl

You know a buddy of mine is a HUGE Ferrari fan and he said something to me that made a lot of sense. Ferrari isn't competing for the championship, so maybe as a sign of respect, they left Massa's spot vacant until they knew he was going to be okay. A la Grand Prix when Ferrari black-flagged the other driver is his teammate had been killed in a crash. Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but some of the threads grow so fast it is hard to keep up (especially while at work). :oops:
GO JENSE!

Scuderia_Russ

I nearly soiled myself in excitement at this news. Get ready for the greatest comeback since Elvis! 8)
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

-KMR_NH-

andartop wrote:Every time Schumi is anywhere near the pitlane Kimi doesn't even get to finish his race.
You're almost right. But you forgot, if he finished a race in the presence of Schumacher it was mostly a win.
Additionally, he isn't at the pitwall anymore. He now races as he used to and there Kimi didn't retire every race Schumacher was taking part in, too. :D
Kimi Räikkönen
Nico Hülkenberg

jason.parker.86

All my dreams have finally come true! Ill get to see Lewis Hamilton whoop Michael Schumacher in a F1 car!

mx_tifoso

-KMR_NH- wrote:He now races as he used to and there Kimi didn't retire every race Schumacher was taking part in, too. :D
Umm didn't Raikkonen have the most unreliable McMercs? Either they blew up or broke apart sooner or later.

I'm looking forward to seeing Schumachers helmet design. Hopefully it's been updated since his last test.

Damn PR and managers fooled us all. I hate confirming with news that he won't be racing and then they announce he will. WTF.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

jason.parker.86

Just hope for his sake he still has the speed to compete in F1. I remember when Mika was testing for McLaren 3 years after he took a "Sabatical" he was a full 2 seconds slower than anyone else on the test!

adam2007

jason.parker.86 wrote:All my dreams have finally come true! Ill get to see Lewis Hamilton whoop Michael Schumacher in a F1 car!
idiot, schumacher would have took lewis to school if he was in him prime

PlatinumZealot

Schumacher VS Alonso VS Button VS Barichello VS Hamilton VS Kimi!!

DREAM BATTLE!!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏