Schumi comes back

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Conceptual

Re: Schumi comes back

SavantGuarde wrote:Schumi is right the force required to turn the wheel in what he was testing is substantial.
If anyone here is familiar with karting in the UK there are major differances to domestic UK racing and what Schumi was doing. The reason the steering forces are so high is because they are racing on rubber. and I mean that the compounds they use are so sticky that literally a SHEET of rubber is laid onto the track, this requires a particular style to drive but also makes it that much harder to turn the wheel.

Its worth pointing out (sorry if its been mentioned before) but its actually a gearbox (6 speed if I remember correctly) 125cc kart schumi is testing and these are very quick machines on a short circuit. a day of testing in these things can be a brutal physical affair!
I believe there is a SuperKart mod in rFactor that is 6 speed.

Those things are absolutely amazing! Even on the Monaco track!!!

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... 0Challenge

modbaraban

Re: Schumi comes back

Twitter wrote:
sniffpetrol: BREAKING NEWS: Michael Schumacher permitted to test using 'someone else's neck' until his is better.