2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
DDopey
DDopey

Re: 2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

Also if Hamilton would have just shutup and took over Mag on merit, I doubt he would have been investigated. It was all a bit too coincidental.

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

It's just embarrassing what Hamilton is doing this year. Will he do the same thing in Ferrari? How will Ferrari leadership explain to the fans, that they paid 100 mil/year for such a pilot, and sacked Sainz for this performance?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:42
tonmeister wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:40
We can argue all we want, but can we just agree that is just a bit fishy that this incident wasn't even investigated?
It was. No further action.

It was flagged as Turn 1 incident involving Norris. To what extent, and who was investigated, is a different question.
Who is Mclaren's sporting director? :lol:

Bill
Bill

magnessen is a dity driver but his tactics seem to benefit his teammate but i wonder if the favour will be returned.

TFSA

Bill wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:50
magnessen is a dity driver but his tactics seem to benefit his teammate but i wonder if the favour will be returned.
When he's actually ahead perhaps? It's clear Hulkenberg, at least in that car, is the faster driver.

pantherxxx wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:46
It's just embarrassing what Hamilton is doing this year. Will he do the same thing in Ferrari? How will Ferrari leadership explain to the fans, that they paid 100 mil/year for such a pilot, and sacked Sainz for this performance?
Let's be honest, Sainz performance this Sprint also leaves some to be desired.

DGP123
DGP123

pantherxxx wrote:
Sainz is crap. He’s had his purple patch and gifted win in Aus, and now he’s firmly performing like the pretty average driver everyone knew he was, and the reason Ferrari dumped him.

As for Hamilton, he is on holiday this year. You can criticise all you want, but the car is a dog. He’s got nothing to prove and a contract for next year. He’ll come back fighting next year.
Last edited by DGP123 on 04 May 2024, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

renault rs26
renault rs26

chrisc90 wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:42
tonmeister wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:40
We can argue all we want, but can we just agree that is just a bit fishy that this incident wasn't even investigated?
It was. No further action.

It was flagged as Turn 1 incident involving Norris. To what extent, and who was investigated, is a different question.
It was noted not investigated.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Spacepace wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:22
By the team but at the end of the year when the points are tallied up and hulkenberg is ahead. It doesn't matter. I'm just making the point that Hulkenberg is extending his points at the cost Magnussen
Do you think a bottom-dogfight team like Haas evaluates their drivers (who did well, who didn't) based on just the points against each name, and ignoring the different contexts in races ? (it's another matter that Hulk is leaving at the end of the year, so KMag remains anyway).

chrisc90

KMag summoned for 'alleged unsportsmanlike behaviour'

Presumably following his comments to the media.

(very sportsmanlike to help your team mate keep the points by dropping cars behind further back..)

dialtone
dialtone

chrisc90 wrote:KMag summoned for 'alleged unsportsmanlike behaviour'

(very sportsmanlike to help your team mate keep the points by dropping cars behind further back..)
May get a deserved race ban, or if he does it again it will be a ban.

proteus

DGP123 wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:53
pantherxxx wrote:
Sainz is crap. He’s had his purple patch and gifted win in Aus, and now he’s firmly performing like the pretty average driver everyone knew he was, and the reason Ferrari dumped him.

As for Hamilton, he is on holiday this year. You can criticise all you want, but the car is a dog. He’s got nothing to prove and a contract for next year. He’ll come back fighting next year.
Yeah, say that to Mclaren and Aston Martin....

7 time world champion thinking he is a torpedo and knocks out 3 cars....
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

chrisc90

dialtone wrote:
04 May 2024, 20:07

It may, but it will open a can of worms as to what is/isn't allowed when you are playing a team game. (Not taking into account KMag's actions over the last couple of races in doing so). I mean it could even change how situations where Perez backed Lewis up in 2021 AD are handled. (not bringing that scenario into discussion of course) However it will open the door to what 'taking one for the team' involves.

dialtone
dialtone

chrisc90 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

It may, but it will open a can of worms as to what is/isn't allowed when you are playing a team game. (Not taking into account KMag's actions over the last couple of races in doing so). I mean it could even change how situations where Perez backed Lewis up in 2021 AD are handled. (not bringing that scenario into discussion of course) However it will open the door to what 'taking one for the team' involves.
Key difference being that kmag racked up 4 penalties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisc90

dialtone wrote:
04 May 2024, 20:12
chrisc90 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

Of course. But those 4 penalties mean he was rightfully punished for his actions. It then begs the question, "How many penalties are you allowed to accumulate in a race distance?"

If the stewards are looking into his tactics for helping a team mate out, it will open a lot of interpretation going forwards for others doing the same. Then of course you need to put boundaries on what is/isnt allowed.
(hope you can see where i'm coming from with that)

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
04 May 2024, 20:16
dialtone wrote:
04 May 2024, 20:12
chrisc90 wrote:

Of course. But those 4 penalties mean he was rightfully punished for his actions. It then begs the question, "How many penalties are you allowed to accumulate in a race distance?"

If the stewards are looking into his tactics for helping a team mate out, it will open a lot of interpretation going forwards for others doing the same. Then of course you need to put boundaries on what is/isnt allowed.
(hope you can see where i'm coming from with that)
Magnussen is allowed to help his teammate out just as Perez did. The difference is that Magnussen went outside of the track and did all sorts of manouvers that get penalties. Perez never did this.

I don't see an issue with Magnussenn wanting to waste his tires and compromise his race to help Hulkenberg but you have to defend legally. He didn't do that.