Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Astro1

Re: Ferrari F2010/F61 Codename 661

Ferrari were testing some interesting wheelnuts. Also interesting to see the regular nose.

http://ferrarif1forum.com/2009/12/03/fe ... -in-jerez/

Pandamasque

Astro1 wrote: Also interesting to see the regular nose.
Rather than what?

Astro1

Well, if rumors are to be believed, I would have expected Ferrari to run the RBR style trough nose that they tried previously to gather some more data. Perhaps they have enough or are not going with the concept at all.

ESPImperium

Astro1 wrote:Well, if rumors are to be believed, I would have expected Ferrari to run the RBR style trough nose that they tried previously to gather some more data. Perhaps they have enough or are not going with the concept at all.
From what was said at Abu Dhabi, the Brawn Mercedes will look more like a Red Bull and the Ferarri will look more like a Brawn BGP001 next year. Ferarri have ditched the Red Bull look as they have opted for a more efficent design over the design that gives greater development potential in the RBR style.

The FOZ

2010 regs wrote:12.7 Tyre Gases :
Tyres may only be inflated with air or nitrogen
You'd hope the FIA could have come up with something a bit more precise..."Air" has oodles of different elements in it. I'm sure someone with the power of lawyers could successfully argue that if it's in the air, it can go in their tires...

Or somewhere else does it clarify the rule with something like "typical air" or "naturally ocurrent air" or even "Air in ordinary proportions"?

mx_tifoso

The Foz, I believe you posted in the wrong thread. I can't see how the random tyre gas rule pertains to this subject.

Was this the thread you were aiming for?

:arrow: Helium for Tyres
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

sebbe

Does anybody know what the Moog super simulator is?
It is reffered to as the best in the market.

Thank you guys
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

Astro1

Spain's Diario AS is saying that Ferrari were working on engine efficiency and testing "internal solutions". I would guess that is because of the engine Freeze being lifted to let teams work on efficiency?

ISLAMATRON

No it is because they are cheaters.

Astro1

ISLAMATRON wrote:No it is because they are cheaters.
You should probably post why and get your facts straight (or at least post some facts) instead of the usual "ferrari cheat" rubbish. :^o

WhiteBlue

Astro1 wrote:Spain's Diario AS is saying that Ferrari were working on engine efficiency and testing "internal solutions". I would guess that is because of the engine Freeze being lifted to let teams work on efficiency?
http://www.f1technical.net/development/263

The Ferrari engine is supposed to be the worst in efficiency from the three FOTA engines remaining in F1. This is why they have high cooling demands. AMuS has reported that FOTA demanded from the FIA to equalize all engines regarding power and consumption. So I would not be surprised if they used the test to check some new maps and parts.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Jersey Tom

Oh c'mon. Everyone cheats in racing. Some just get caught.

"There are two types of racers... cheaters, and losers"
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

ISLAMATRON

Astro1 wrote:
You should probably post why and get your facts straight (or at least post some facts) instead of the usual "ferrari cheat" rubbish. :^o
It was you who just sited "Diario AS" saying that Ferrari are testing "internal solutions" on their engines and you asking me to post some facts?
Astro1 wrote:Spain's Diario AS is saying that Ferrari were working on engine efficiency and testing "internal solutions". I would guess that is because of the engine Freeze being lifted to let teams work on efficiency?
Here are some facts... Ferrari just let Massa test a totally aerodynamically obsolete F2007 on some useless tires, but uses the same engine that will be in the 2010 car... What the hell do you think they were testing? The drink bottle? or maybe the rear rain light that they cant seem to make work correctly?

There has been no changes in the engine freeze so it is clear that they are at the very least not in compliance with the spirit of the rules... the very same FOTA test ban rules that their head asshole in charge Luca help put in place.

Their engine is ---, and will be even shittier under next years rules, so they do as Ferrari does and cheats.

And no Tom, not everyone cheats, some of us take pleasure in beating our competitors with fairness, if you have to cheat to win then it tells you that your own skills are inadequate. I am not amongst the weak minded individuals who take pleasure in that type of victory.

Jersey Tom

ISLAMATRON wrote:And no Tom, not everyone cheats, some of us take pleasure in beating our competitors with fairness, if you have to cheat to win then it tells you that your own skills are inadequate. I am not amongst the weak minded individuals who take pleasure in that type of victory.
When you're at the top level, and you need every conceivable shred of advantage to win and keep your operation alive.. you'll look to stretch the rulebook any way possible.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Fil

Jersey Tom wrote:
Oh c'mon. Everyone cheats in racing. Some just get caught.
"There are two types of racers... cheaters, and losers"
Whilst it'd be naive to deny what you're saying & i agree with you, that quote really makes no sense.

If you're a cheater, you've been caught.. so you've lost. if you're a loser, you've lost.
So who wins when there's no option c? :wtf:
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).