Schumacher GP2 test

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mx_tifoso

Re: Schumacher GP2 test

WhiteBlue wrote:
DaveKillens wrote: I wonder who supplied that GP2 car for Michael?
The car was provided by the GP2 organization and earlier speculation said it was a super nova team car.
Read the news at the top of the thread page. :wink:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

andartop

donskar wrote:All these posts and no one has yet accused M-B or MS of cheating!
How refreshing.
What are mumbling about? Article 18 of the F1Technical Sporting Code clearly states that "All F1 Teams are free to lie, cheat and steal, strongly recommended though to avoid getting caught and then lying about it more than once, or in some exceptional circumstances twice. Except Ferrari. If such circumstances arise as Ferrari should get involved in anything that might be considered irregular by any number of forum members, a shitstorm should and will be unleashed."
There are some rumors that this was dubbed "The I*$*matron Syndrome".
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Richard

Doesn't help that the BBC are reporting it as an F1 test ...
BBC wrote:
Watch seven-time F1 world champion Michael Schumacher testing the new Mercedes F1 car in Spain, ahead of his return to the sport when the new season commences in March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 455983.stm
Last edited by Richard on 13 Jan 2010, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

raceman

andartop wrote:
How refreshing.
What are mumbling about? Article 18 of the F1Technical Sporting Code clearly states that "All F1 Teams are free to lie, cheat and steal, strongly recommended though to avoid getting caught and then lying about it more than once, or in some exceptional circumstances twice. Except Ferrari. If such circumstances arise as Ferrari should get involved in anything that might be considered irregular by any number of forum members, a shitstorm should and will be unleashed."
:lol:

=D>

+1

nay! it's ONLY when Ferrari does something, it's cheating :^o

#-o

WhiteBlue

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=354907

new helmet design to come 8)

http://www.motorsport-total.com/videos/f1/2331

This video shows Michael's new race engineer Andrew Shovlin the first pictures

Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

donskar

andartop wrote:
How refreshing.
=D> An early contender for "Post of the Year" =D>
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

mx_tifoso

Are Ferrari asleep? They should've run Alonso and/or Massa in a F2008 instead of Rossi, or even alongside him.

That way Schumacher will have less of an advantage regarding recent seat time.

I know I'm going crazy. 8-[

adam2007

cant find any news on his second day test, is there any about?

WhiteBlue

adam2007 wrote:cant find any news on his second day test, is there any about?

The last news said that they were running on slicks from lunch time and were doing lots of laps.

http://www.motorsport-total.com/videos/f1/2339
Video day 2

http://www.motorsport-total.com/videos/f1/2337
German comments day 2, two 20 lap dry runs, more neck training, more engineer communication
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

hasalard

Schumi in Mercedes overalls...it is too heavy for me.Still can't believe how easily he can separate his ways with Ferrari.

Anyway still no lap times or anything else about his pace.Can anyone translate what he said in video 2 please?

Giblet

hasalard wrote:Schumi in Mercedes overalls...it is too heavy for me.Still can't believe how easily he can separate his ways with Ferrari.

Anyway still no lap times or anything else about his pace.Can anyone translate what he said in video 2 please?
The Ferrari he has left is an empty shell of a team compared to before. Not like he was been a big help on the wall, just showing face, and making Kimi screw up.

It might have been a messy breakup behind the scenes, but that will take years to come to the surface, if at all.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

mx_tifoso

:twisted:

Domenicali: "We have seen some fans not appreciate Michael's choice. But we should not forget history, what Michael has done with Ferrari, just as we should not forget what Ferrari has done for Michael. Now we turn the page it is a further stimulus for us that we feel within ourselves. We have to show - also to Michael - that this is the strongest team. It's a constructive stimulus, a greater will to show that we can win.

It was difficult to see Michael with his helmet on elsewhere, some wound always remains."

Raptor22

WhiteBlue wrote:Image

I like the traditional design
I think, replace the white with silver, delete Marlboro and replace with Petronas

add 7 stars for WDC

not sure which other personal sponsors will be added. Theres that german bank, possibly henkel as well. Merc reached a settlement with them and it appears they are still keen on buying some advertising space on the car and michaels overal's

WhiteBlue

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 11413.html

David Sears Supernova team principal:
David Sears wrote:German:"Ich würde sagen, wenn man auf einer nicht ganz trockenen Strecke mit nassen Kerbs nicht einmal eine Sekunde von der schnellsten Runde entfernt ist, dann ist das nicht ganz schlecht."
Re translated:
If you are less than one second off the fastest lap time on a damp track with wet curbs I would call it "Not all bad"

astracrazy

love the sound the GP2 cars make