Force India VJM03 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
christopher.mahlon

Re: Force India-Mercedes VJM/03 (Pre Realease Thread)

Blackout wrote:There is many similarities between this FI and the Mclaren...
I think only superficially really. I could just as easily say "There are many similarities between this FI and the Toro Rosso." All of the cars are pretty similar this year; we're seeing a large degree of agreement on what will make a good car. Hopefully this will result in lots of close races and, God willing, more passing. People said this about the FI and the Mac last year, too. I didn't see it then, and I don't see it now.

walter

benjabulle wrote:is it the first car without a complete lower rear wing ?

http://www.gurneyflap.com/Resources/FORCEfe46.jpg

it seems to me that mclaren have the the DDD at the same height but use the lower wing element to extend it higher and further back... such a use of that element is a no-brainer with the tall diffuser. So this deletion of the complete lower wing element in the vjm/03 is done to comply with a height restriction for said wing element. is this right or am I missing something?

Blackout

christopher.mahlon wrote:
Blackout wrote:There is many similarities between this FI and the Mclaren...
People said this about the FI and the Mac last year, too. I didn't see it then, and I don't see it now.
I'm not people :twisted: :arrow:

Dubliner

Re: Force India VJM03 Mercedes

This may be a bit off topic, but I took a closer look at the livery, particularly the sidepods, and I was just wondering...

Do Force India have a technical relationship with either EADS or Airbus? Or is it more of a business relationship (because Kingfisher Airlines seem to run mostly Airbus aircraft)?

Pandamasque

I do agree that in a lot of ways the VJM03 is very similar to the MP4-25. It seems like all the McL ideas were shared over the phone as all is there but nothing looks exactly the same.

raymondu999

I wonder how the world would react if Force India pulled a Brawn turnaround in 2010 :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

imightbewrong

Some diffuser magic!

raymondu999

Looks rather disappointingly basic to me... But then again that's to my untrained eye.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

meves

Did they make a mistake with the front wing flipup adverts or are they releasing a new brand of beer called isherkingf?

Henning

I think the graphics you are refering to match the graphic of the front wing element directly below.

In this image, the lower wing element is horizontal, so it can't be seen. If you stood in front of the car (i.e. looking down at the wing) it would be more obvious.

Caito

Hey guys, a question about the Force India.

I was watching the pictures in F1t front page and I saw the front caliper was mounted in the lowest position posible.

I know this is best regards to COG height, while "inwards(towards the driver)" the car is best in regards to moment of inertia.

But I was once told that a caliper in that position was prone to get hurt and get dust and scrap from the track, does this holds true?
Come back 747, we miss you!!

imightbewrong

ESPImperium

imightbewrong wrote:Image
That looks like a little monster!!!

mx_tifoso

Another booty shot.

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

bjpower

imightbewrong wrote:Image
holy crap copper drive shafts !!!!!!
( yes Im taking the piss)