Force India VJM03 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
perer

Re: Force India VJM03 Mercedes

The big difference with the Bahrain front wing with the Melbourne spec, is that the new one is finally adjustable. They hoped this would solve their understeer issues.

Source: www.formula1.com technical analysis Melbourne

multisync

thestig84 wrote:
multisync wrote: Thanks for that. The Diffuser spec changed many times during the season. But heyho It's obviously up to everybody to make their own judgement. However I do think it's kinda insulting to those at Silverstone and Brackley to think that the technical knowledge is all one way. Or do we all here think small teams are just not capable of good design??
The technical knowledge is one way. Thats how the deal is set up. Force India are clearly very very capable of good design with out any help from Mclaren. I think they do get well deserved credit for this.

What Mclaren do give them is the mechanical rear end and any assistance required with installing and running. They also rent the sim out and last year helped with strategy. This all means Force India can fully focus their resources on aero development which they are clearly good at and dont particularly need Mclarens help. VJM quickly worked out buying a reliable gearbox and is far better than all the effort trying to make their own.
I understand the above is the official line but unofficially from what I have been led to believe there is cross pollination.I guess our sources are at odds? But that's fine... :D

Another modified front wing is possibly being readied for this weekend..

zgred

mith

It looks Sauberish ;)

I think that upper deck of diffuser was redesigned once again.

PlatinumZealot

It's a beautiful car.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raceman

n smikle wrote:It's a beautiful car.
:P

Indeed! It's my country's team :D (though based somewhere else).....

imightbewrong

raymondu999

is the 1st photo showing the fw element, or the rw element?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Blackout

RWing

raymondu999

It looks more like a single element to me rather than a 2 element. Or is it a 2 element joined at the "endplate?"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.

speaking about wing section construction...
I cannot resist to point out that FI indeed does not have foam core wings as is evident from these pics.personally I always believed this was the case ,but I was made to believe it was not ...

multisync

Starting to get left behind. Way off the pace today. Upgrades urgently needed..

rahulsampath

Force India is the first team to change their outboard mirrors due to the ban.

ringo

marcush. wrote:speaking about wing section construction...
I cannot resist to point out that FI indeed does not have foam core wings as is evident from these pics.personally I always believed this was the case ,but I was made to believe it was not ...
Isn't it possible the foam can be dissolved out with a solvent leaving the carbon skin?
For Sure!!

wrcsti

ringo wrote:
marcush. wrote:speaking about wing section construction...
Isn't it possible the foam can be dissolved out with a solvent leaving the carbon skin?
Acetone is just the right chemical.