Turkish GP 2010 - Istanbul Park

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Turkish GP 2010 - Istanbul Park

It is time to post the Turkish GP thread due to some massive discounting taking place there. Some Forumers might want to take advantage of that.

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/news- ... dance.html?
Open-air tickets were initially priced at $92 in 2005;these same tickets go for $46 and $26 for this year’s race.
The price for Super Gold tickets fell from $460 in 2005 to $197 this year for early bookings.
At 26$ a quick flight to Istanbul and two or three days at the beach followed by the race could be worthwhile. :) :mrgreen:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

whiteblue01

Re: Turkish GP 2010 - Istanbul Park

why have you opened this thread now you inverseal.

CMSMJ1

whiteblue01 wrote:why have you opened this thread now you inverseal.

Why have a go at him? If you do, get it right! Imbecile perhaps? No need to slate the man when he is only keener than mustard to get the thread open - and with the cheapness of tickets, why not?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

nipo

Funny name there, my friend. Does that suggest you create this account just to bash WB?

If that's the case, WB, you should be really happy... Not everyone gets a hater like that :lol: :lol: =D> =D>

(Kidding)

forty-two

Seriously, can someone tell me what an inverseal is? It sounds like some sort of high tech o-ring invented in Inverness.

Q-What's that rubber thing with a tartan print on it?

A-Oh, that's an Inverseal

Sorry for being off topic, but that tickled me!
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

Henning

I think it's a typo and meant to be "imberseal", which itself I think is meant to be "imbecile"

Imbecile - noun
1. Psychology. a person of the second order in a former classification of mental retardation, above the level of idiocy, having a mental age of seven or eight years and an intelligence quotient of 25 to 50.
2. a dunce; blockhead; dolt.

WhiteBlue

LOL, inverseal is seriously funny. So I have attracted a virtual stalker. 8) Must be a compliment. :lol:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Shrieker

I won't be attending any GP's as long as the poison dwarf charges 75.000(you read that right) euros for a track day @ Istanbul Park. It's a shame. The total rental of the whole track for one full track day was 5.000 euros before the midget took over.

I attended in '05 and that is more than enough profit for the poison dwarf. We want our track FIRST, F1 comes after that. If I had to choose between the two, I'd definitely go for track days. If people can't use the track and it's only open for 5-6 days a year (and that's for F1) then I don't really care if there is an F1 race in Istanbul or not.

And that's not the only thing. The motorcycle federation wanted to organize local races there, but the price went even higher ! The dwarf also requested 1 million euros for a world superbikes weekend (of course it didn't happen).

Don't need anymore reasons to h8 the greedy b@.t@rd tbh.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

jon-mullen

CMSMJ1 wrote:
Why have a go at him? If you do, get it right! Imbecile perhaps? No need to slate the man when he is only keener than mustard to get the thread open - and with the cheapness of tickets, why not?
Hey, go easy on the Schwachkopf (calling people names in other languages is fun when you get it right), he's responsible for the single funniest post on this site:
whiteblue01 wrote:Im new here. how many gears does a f1 car have? Also i was told they rev to around 9.000 rpm is this correct? how many wheels do they have?

thanks guys
Anyway...
Shrieker wrote:I won't be attending any GP's as long as the poison dwarf charges 75.000(you read that right) euros for a track day @ Istanbul Park. It's a shame. The total rental of the whole track for one full track day was 5.000 euros before the midget took over.
That is unreal. If there was any doubt that he's not doing any of this for love of the sport, that's it right there.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

Shrieker

I'd like to post a FIX about that 75.000 Euro stuff. That was the price I heard just after he had taken over years ago.

Last september a local motorcycle club went to Istanbul Park to discuss the terms of a possible track-day organization. The price they were quoted was between 30k - 35k euros.

I'm also posting the link. Though it's in Turkish, you can still see the '30-35 k euro' part.

http://www.motordelisi.com/forum/motord ... ustuk.html

The price is still to steep. It's steep in european standards. And average Turkish people don't make half as much money as average Europeans do, so you do the math...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

WhiteBlue

Well we all know that Mr.E has never sold anything on the cheap side. 5.000€ for an F1 track for a day sounds incredible cheap. They probably had to take anything and had no concept of the value at the time. 30.000€ may still be steep but it is a market, issn't it? The price will come down like the one for the F1 tickets if the marketing is crap.

ISLAMATRON

What is the current price of a day long ticket at the Nurbergring? or do they only sell 1 pass tickets?

WhiteBlue

ISLAMATRON wrote:What is the current price of a day long ticket at the Nurbergring? or do they only sell 1 pass tickets?
This year the race is at the Hockenheim Ring. https://www.hockenheimring.net/ticketshop/platforms/31

Race day ticket is 229-279€ full price. Race day tickets are restricted to just a few grandstands.
The weekend price is 149-499€ depending of the grandstand position. Lowest price is for the hairpin.

There are discounts but I did not check what they are for.

ISLAMATRON

No I meant to drive on the Nurbergring, not to watch the German GP.

WhiteBlue

ISLAMATRON wrote:No I meant to drive on the Nurbergring, not to watch the German GP.
Oh, you meant the Nordschleife! That is an entirely different issue. Very complicated because most of the time automotive manufacturers rent the track for testing. There are few days that the track is open to the public and you have to pay per lap to use it. A lap is 22€ with quantity discounts for 4, 8, 15 and 25 laps or an annual ticket at 1075€.

Check below link for open dates. They can change on very short notice if a factory has urgent need or someone rents the whole track.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/ft/nordschle ... no_cache=1

For the GP track go to:

http://www.nuerburgring.de/ft/nordschle ... no_cache=1

You cannot use motor bike on the GP track normally. They are ok on the Nordschleife.