Force India VJM03 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
multisync

Re: Force India VJM03 Mercedes

On his visit this week to the Delhi site of next year's race, Bernie Ecclestone said he hoped there would be an Indian driver on the grid.

"If an Indian driver is in Vijay's team or a good team it will be superb," he said.

:D

mach11

about my earlier posts....

delighted that liuzzi finished at a strong 6th position.... looking forward to brazil...
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

wesley123

that 6th place was more luck than skills and speed, but I have to say it was pretty unexpected.

Also from ics I saw FI reverted back to the diffuser that was run before Japan.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mach11

I read in another thread in F1 technical that...

Sutil is the prime candidate to replace either petrov in renault or hulkenburg at renault...
if he goes... he takes the 5 million sponsorship of meidon that he carries...
And if force india have another bad season... then VJ might be tempted to sell the team... and in place of Sutil will be heidfield... but he has declared that he does not carry any professional sponsorship...

My opinion would be to drop liuzzi and bring in another experienced driver in heidfield... That will really help force india's chances on getting good performance each race...

But the most important thing is... at the begining of the season if you have a good package you would take your opposition by surprise... but as the season progresses the team needs to keep up its developmental pace to make sure they have that advantage....

When you compared Rebull in its first 3 years of exsistance... they struggled to get results the first year.. had good finishes the second year... and by the time they reached their 3rd season they were on the podium...

I do agree the huge financial situation and the great developmental infrastructure that redbull have in place... but Force India's next year will decide their future in FORMULA 1 (as i see it)...

I feel with the Indian GP scheduled for next year... why cant the team shift base to INIDA????... operation cost is much cheaper than what it is in UK or put up a good development program like renault or williams... so that they can be stronger over the course of the season....

Lotus have already signed up key... FORCE INIDA has to sign bob bell to get in some change... he brought stability to renault after "crashgate scandal"... and i am sure he can get results...

VJM is a business man through n through... and he will be hopin for getting a good revenue out of his F1 team... so if the situation comes for them to throw in some money to get the best... i think he will not hesitate to do so...

lets see how it goes....

wesley123

It doenst matter which driver you put there, with the lackof funds and the fact that there is no known technical person there at all who keeps it organised I would expect it to be an complete mess at the team, and as a result of that next years car wil suck major time.

mangesh

I dont think FI will face financial problem. In this case VJ will sign Karun and raise the money from race organizers and from some Indian company like Tata. But at this time he should hire some technical person as I see nothing happening from Andrew's side on 2010 car.

adrianjordan

mach11 wrote:why cant the team shift base to INIDA????... operation cost is much cheaper than what it is in UK or put up a good development program like renault or williams... so that they can be stronger over the course of the season....
Does India have a strong motorsport base for them to draw on expertise from?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

mach11

Nope... not that good a base...

but the problem is the technology is isolated only in europe... if it begins to move towards india... then i am sure with the huge depth of engineers in india...

it will not take too much time to reach abroad standards...

rahulsampath

adrianjordan wrote:
mach11 wrote:why cant the team shift base to INIDA????... operation cost is much cheaper than what it is in UK or put up a good development program like renault or williams... so that they can be stronger over the course of the season....
Does India have a strong motorsport base for them to draw on expertise from?
I read in a recent interview with Vijay Mallya that FI is looking at manufacturing some of the composite parts in India and also its CFD is handled by TATA's supercomputer (CRL labs) in India.I think he is slowly trying to shift the operations to India.

wesley123

mangesh wrote:I dont think FI will face financial problem. In this case VJ will sign Karun and raise the money from race organizers and from some Indian company like Tata. But at this time he should hire some technical person as I see nothing happening from Andrew's side on 2010 car.
Well, Vijay aint paying the team's bills out of his personal money for nothing.

auto saibot

the fact is that- they will struggle without tech staff and lack of funding

wesley123

indeed, and that is what I said before and was already said multiple times.

mach11

the CFD facility used by FI was for only one season. And that too on a consultant basis...

Nothin in the magnitude of other teams.... But whatever it may be, i am proud as an Indian that he has done a good job surviving for 3 years and also the inidan Grand prix for next year looks like a great and promising future ahead for the indian motorsport....

So moving on....

Are there any updates for the last 2 races scheduled...

zgred

zgred