Force India VJM03 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
auto saibot

Re: Force India VJM03 Mercedes

does this splitter flex like RBR?

mach11

so force India had a 30 point lead over the Williams team... about 4 races back...

now they are 1 point ahead...

This is so frustrating...
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

Byronrhys

What do you expect when you don't grab for results, Luizzi seriously needs out of F-India if they want to be better bring on Heidfeld.

marcush.

I don´t think they have a good drivers pairing this year even though i already forgot that Fisi was driving for them not long ago...Heidfeld diResta could be a good pairing but Nick is not really challenging kobayashi as hard as expected...he must be unhappy with his performance and needs to beat kamui in abu dhabi and score ,score score.

mangesh

marcush. wrote:Heidfeld diResta could be a good pairing but Nick is not really challenging kobayashi as hard as expected...he must be unhappy with his performance and needs to beat kamui in abu dhabi and score ,score score.
Nick already said he is not able to match kaumi's straight line speed due to engine. Remember PDR blown his 3 engines. Even nick would be better than Sutil for taking the car to next level.

I would like to see Nick along with Sutil rather than DiReast which would tell where Sutil is fast enough or not. DiReast should have been in GP2 this year.

auto saibot

mangesh wrote:

I would like to see Nick along with Sutil rather than DiReast which would tell where Sutil is fast enough or not. DiReast should have been in GP2 this year.
give up mate..........sutil is really fast, he can't show off anymore with a car like this underdeveloped

wesley123

that is just complete bullshit. He got result-raped by Fisico last year, and lets say, he is far from the best drivers. Also when something goes wrong there is always an stupid excuse for why it is happening, Sutil isnt as good as people claim, he makes stupid mistakes and blames it on everything. I mean in Korea he got an penalty, everyone know that penalty was right as he was simply driving like a moron(imo he should have been black flagged then), then he simply dares he was 'driving normally'. Also in qualifying Liuzzi blocked him after going off track, Sutil blames him for not getting into Q2(like it made a difference when the track was dryer later on in Q1), also stating Liuzzi did it multiple times this year. Apart from Liuzzi making alot of mistakes and having bet luck he is quite outraced by Liuzzi too.

The car is underdevelopped, thaty is true, but at the start from the season he dind show anything great either and last year he did neither.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mangesh

Exactly. I mean last year Sutil was outperformed be Fisi, so i feel he may be overrated driver. So if i was VJM, i would have preferred Nick and Sutil for drive and DiResta in GP2 in 2011. You exactly dont know the potential of the car with current drivers :(

mach11

Now that Redbull have taken the title this year it might tempt VJ to invest more into the force India team...

Like Redbull it is a privateer team... so it will be an incredible achievement for the team if they could win the title.... but for that to happen, more money and proper people at the right places in the hierarchy have to be placed....

lets see how it goes....

multisync

mach11 wrote:Now that Redbull have taken the title this year it might tempt VJ to invest more into the force India team...

Like Redbull it is a privateer team... so it will be an incredible achievement for the team if they could win the title.... but for that to happen, more money and proper people at the right places in the hierarchy have to be placed....

lets see how it goes....

Very strange logic.

he or they simply don't the money available. This has been said many times already. People think that just because they are in F1 then it's money no object. FI is practically broke, they live hand to mouth and rarely a week goes by without the bailiffs knocking or a winding up order is issued.

My own thoughts are that unless his businesses increase profits substantially or a big name sponsor arrives, I can see him doing next year -but purely to save face at the Indian GP- after that If things don't turn round dramatically I can see him bailing..

As you say : Let's see how it goes...

mach11

multisync wrote:
mach11 wrote:Now that Redbull have taken the title this year it might tempt VJ to invest more into the force India team...

lets see how it goes....

Very strange logic.

he or they simply don't the money available. This has been said many times already. People think that just because they are in F1 then it's money no object. FI is practically broke, they live hand to mouth and rarely a week goes by without the bailiffs knocking or a winding up order is issued.

My own thoughts are that unless his businesses increase profits substantially or a big name sponsor arrives, I can see him doing next year -but purely to save face at the Indian GP- after that If things don't turn round dramatically I can see him bailing..

As you say : Let's see how it goes...
What was Force India's 2010 budget????

mach11

i got it.... I do not know how far this is accurate but here it goes this is the list of all the teams their annual Budget...

Team Name: Budget:

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 220 Million Euros

Mercedes Grand Prix 185 Million Euros

Red Bull Racing 150 Million Euros

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro 240 Million Euros

AT&T Williams 90 Million Euros

Renault F1 Team 105 Million Euros

Force India F1 Team 120 Million Euros

Scuderia Toro Rosso 105 Million Euros

Lotus F1 Racing 65 Million Euros

HRT F1 Team 40 Million Euros

BMW Sauber F1 Team 75 Million Euros

Virgin Racing 45 Million Euros

There you go... a modest budget considering the teams on the grid...

adrianjordan

mach11 wrote:i got it.... I do not know how far this is accurate but here it goes this is the list of all the teams their annual Budget...

Team Name: Budget:

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 220 Million Euros

Mercedes Grand Prix 185 Million Euros

Red Bull Racing 150 Million Euros

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro 240 Million Euros

AT&T Williams 90 Million Euros

Renault F1 Team 105 Million Euros

Force India F1 Team 120 Million Euros

Scuderia Toro Rosso 105 Million Euros

Lotus F1 Racing 65 Million Euros

HRT F1 Team 40 Million Euros

BMW Sauber F1 Team 75 Million Euros

Virgin Racing 45 Million Euros

There you go... a modest budget considering the teams on the grid...
I'll ask this politely before someone else comes along and knocks you for this; where did you source the figures in your list from?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

lolzi

mach11 wrote:a modest budget considering the teams on the grid...
Not really - they have more than:

Williams
Toro Rosso
Renault
BMW Sauber
Lotus
Virgin
HRT

and less than:

Ferrari
McLaren
Mercedes
Red Bull

not exactly "a modest budget" if they really were number 5 in terms of budget.

mach11

like i said... i don exactly know if these are actual figures...

Anyways I read that the teams are receiving money from FOM for their positions in the constructor's championship....

How much is that??? any idea...