Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
jgh
jgh

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

I notice that they have added a new small fin to the floor in front of the rear wheel.

Image.

I assume this is to redirect some of the airflow but wondered whether this would act like the vertical addon to aircraft wings and reduce the disturbed air. :?:

myurr

forty-two, yes to pretty much all of that but also the cars minimum weight has been increased and the weight distribution fixed which adds up to making it a whole lot easier (relatively) to package up KERS without having to make compromises that negate it's benefits.

forty-two

jgh wrote:I notice that they have added a new small fin to the floor in front of the rear wheel.

Image.

I assume this is to redirect some of the airflow but wondered whether this would act like the vertical addon to aircraft wings and reduce the disturbed air. :?:
I clocked that too, and I also noticed that the Renault also features this:

I therefore wonder this is some sort of add-on to aid the front mounted exhaust, and indeed whether Red Bull is planning on copying it, or maybe they even came up with the idea and shared it with their engine dept. but Renault are just being a bit more forward with showing off their new concepts than Red Bull?
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

Boost

creedbratton wrote:Looks like they're trying to bring the centre of mass forward
Can't do that this year. There is a mandated weight distribution.

SiLo

I honestly don't understand how they can get the rear of the car so ridiculously tight and small, especially compared to the other teams. Looks amazing.
Felipe Baby!

djos

Anyone else notice this item? Looks like an extra Diffuser deck for the exhausts to me.

(right click and select "view image" for high res)
"In downforce we trust"

Michiba

I think that's just a shadow djos

djos

Michiba wrote:I think that's just a shadow djos
Check the hi-res view, it's not a shadow as it has clearly defined edges.
"In downforce we trust"

raymondu999

djos wrote:
Michiba wrote:I think that's just a shadow djos
Check the hi-res view, it's not a shadow as it has clearly defined edges.
Yup, I can see it... it's like a mini 2nd deck
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

cobart

djos wrote:Anyone else notice this item? Looks like an extra Diffuser deck for the exhausts to me.

(right click and select "view image" for high res)
http://adamcooperf1.files.wordpress.com ... g_0050.jpg there is something strange indeed

Intego

Looks like egg cups. Maybe they want to demonstrate their well balanced car. :mrgreen:
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Isak

Where did the exhausts go?!? Sponsor decals now take up the place the exhaust used to be and the heat shielding is gone?!
Anyone have better pics??

From yesterday:

From today:

Spencifer_Murphy

The exhausts are still there. If you look closely you can see a small "bump" where the sponsor logos you speak of are. Thats adjacent to where the exhaust outlet is.

All they've done is paint/cover/otherwise make the area that was black now blue and added some sponsor logos.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Isak

Are you sure? looking at this picture from yesterday it seems the moved sponsor decals are right over where the exhaust used to be.

If anyone have a good picture from today of the exhaust that would be great.

imightbewrong

This is the best I could find:

Note the bump in the floor (green arrow) and what looks like a tunnel (red arrow). The angle isn't perfect, the exhaust might still be there.