Introduce yourself here

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Jukebox

Introduce yourself here

Since this is a new forum board and all members don't know eachother at all. Why don't we use this thread to introduce ourself and welcome any new member that registers in here.

I'll start....Jukebox here from KL, Malaysia and a very die hard fan of Ferrari & Michael.
Ferrari forever....

Steven
Owner

okay..

I'm Tomba :D from Belgium, currently studying computer science and very busy with http://www.f1technical.net

Fan of Jacques Villeneuve since his first minute in an F1 car, and since quite some time busy with the technical stuff around formula 1.

Also note I kind of dislike Bernie Ecclestone and Max Mosley. F1 needs a younger leader :!:

Jukebox

Tomba wrote:Also note I kind of dislike Bernie Ecclestone and Max Mosley. F1 needs a younger leader :!:
Agreed...those two old bags are ruining the sport
Ferrari forever....

SpeedTech

Well since I'm new I thought I might introduce myself....mmmm :?

wonder if this thread is dead,but any way lets bring it back to life 8) :)

SpeedTech 8) here, from Australia. Working in the motor industry. Can't live without my motorsports :roll: love the technical side of F1 and anything that goe's fast around a track :)

Favourite team FERRARI, Favourite driver JUAN PABLO MONTOYA.

Now believe when I say I am not a confused person :lol:

scarbs

I am degree qualified in Mech engineering and have worked with in F1 with a IT supplier. however for the past four years I have been a Part time Journalist writing purely on the technical side of the sport. I get the chance to ask technical questions direct to the designers and get a lot of access to the cars themselves. In my writing I try to seperate my opinion (on how I think something works) from what I know to is accurate (from questioning the teams). Hence my words are not copied from a text book (as there aren't any on current F1 design) I research the cars designs and only speak out on subjects I really know about (i.e. not engines). I run my site and make posts here to share this knowledge "freely".
I'm based out of the UK (Herts) and travel alot with F1 or for my day job (IT Manager). Married with two children and doing quite well

Scarbs...

drspeed

Hello. I'm DrSpeed from Korea currently living in Milan, Italy. I'm still in high school and I am planning to study either aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or international business in america this year. I still didnt make up my mind so i sent applications to all of these majors. I experienced engineering by designing a custom RC chassis, and I am involved in Bizzarini's new sports car and superbike project which will be launched in december this year.

hit_guy

Hi

Hi This is hit_guy from India now in the States.I am pursuing my Masters in the area of Computational Fluid Dynamics,F1 is one of my favorite sports.I am looking forward to pursue my PHd in the area of aerodynamics in UK in the future.
MS is my favorite driver but I think it is time to move on and support somebody new.
Favorite team no DOUBT >>> FERRARI
See youll around and one more thing this is a great website(especially technically wise)
One suggestion to the moderator is to start a archive of technical papers ranging from Formula SAE to current F1.
Bye for now
Hit_guy

Beostar

Hi. In case you would like to know who I am :)
I'm a Belgian. I live in Belgium and I even study in Belgium :)
Go to De Nayer Instituut in Sint Katelijne Waver not that any of you would know but its in the neighbourhood of (50km away) Antwerp.
I study Industrial Engenering option Electronics. A real F1 freak, watch every GP at my home with my bro, dad and neighboors so always lots of fun to support 1 team.. FERRARI :) especially Michael Schumacher offcourse cause he's the best :) I even got a lot (think its a lot) of diecasts of F1 cars... me and my bro got around a 150 or so. Really fun collection to look at and everytime you notice a tiny stuff xtra.

If you have any question don't hesitate to ask I always try to be friendly :) and hardly ever get angry.

P.S: I can say some stupid stuff sometimes just ignore it :)

Greetings
Beostar
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

akbar21881

Hi I'm Akbar.I'm from Malaysia but currently I'm doing my degree in Aeronautical Engineering at Bristol University,currently in my 4th year.

I've been the fan of F1 since 1999 when Malaysia first organised F1,because that year was the first time I can watched F1 on tv.This leads me to to aeronautical eng. to pursue my dream to master the aerodynamic of F1 car.Although I've never involved directly in any F1 project,I manage to understand the principle of F1's aerodynamic as I've complete my design project with Airbus where I was in charged in aerodynamic,stability and control.I would be glad if anyone in here can further help in understanding more details technical aspect of F1 because it is very,very difficult to obtain any precise information about F1 car which full of secrecy.

After all these years since 99,I've become more and more obsessed with F1 as I've spent a lot in buying technical books and magazine as well as collecting some F1 scale models.

I'm a huge fan of Michael Schumacher and Ferrari.But I've become more interested in young guns nowadays as I feel that someone already forgot how to overtake after all this year of glory!!!!

West

Hi

I just registered today. I've been visiting this site for a while, but never really posted or discussed anything. I am a (struggling) Mechanical Engineering student at UCI in the USA. I got into F1 around 97 or 98 when I saw a Stewart Ford running around on TV, thinking "car companies make these kind of cars?" Of course that isn't the case all the time but that's when I tried looking for F1, thinking races occured every weekend. Back then the only things I knew were McLaren, Mika Hakkinen, Ferrari, Michael Schumacher, Eddie Irvine, and of all things a Jordan Mugen-Honda. It wasn't until 2002 that I really got into the swing of things.

I got interested in the engineering side of F1 when my dad took me to a CART race... i was like "a street car will never ever go this fast." Usually around my area everybody likes hopped up import cars like in 2 Fast 2 Furious and Need for Speed Underground. I was into that scene until I kept seeing the same cars at every car show and every magazine.

I like all teams but Ferrari... I was a Ferrari fan before, when I kept hearing McLaren and Hakkinen were winning in 98-99 and I thought that Ferrari should be the king, but nowadays I'm tired of them winning...

I chose "West" as my sn because the logo is cool, and nobody knows what the hell it is on Counterstrike. BTW their cigarettes are the grossest I've ever had.

Scuderia_Russ

Hi all,my name's Russ. Signed up a few days ago and i like what i see,as i've found it quite difficult to find technical info on F1! My first F1 memories are of Mansell attacking Senna around Monaco in '92,i thought it was the most amazing thing i'd ever seen.I've since tried to read as many books,watch as many videos/dvds as i can,from the origins to the present day,to find out as much as i can about this fascanating,high speed million dollar world they call Formula One! The first Grand Prix i visited was Silverstone in '01,when a freind and i managed to work the weekend up there as support staff...AND got paid for it! This was just the icing on the cake,as ironically i do not belive the weekend i had could have been brought,as it was quite unique!This visit only fuelled my fascanation,and as i knew i didn't have the talent or the financial backing to become a driver,the only other ways i was going to get close to cars of this nature was if i had a lottery win or took the technical route! So while i wait for my numbers to come up and when i'm not working in construction i'm studying Mechanical Engineering...so look out Adrian Newey,coming-ready or not!!! :D
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

elf
elf

Greetings afficianados. I'm a bored (bordering on the disgruntled) civil engineer in Australia. I'd rather be working in an F1 windtunnel, tinkering with cutting edge stuff, but hey, dem's the breaks, as they say. Been an F1 fan since midway through uni. I'm also a Montoya and Alonso fan, and conversely have a profound dislike for Moseley, Bernie and R. Schumacher (especially Ralf :-({|= ). F1 technology is absolutely awesome! The fruits of engineering genius is plain to see with such beautiful cars - I just wish the Max&Bernie show gets axed so that current & future technology can be (more) fully applied. F1 drivers in pressure suits? Air brakes? Moving control surfaces? Rotary engines? Bring it on! 8)

elf
elf

er... maybe need to do more than get rid of Max and Bernie, but would be mega all the same \:D/

Scuderia_Russ

Old man Moseley...

Can't remember where but i read that Moseley is retiring from position of President of the F.I.A. at the end of '04.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

NickT

Hi,

I am Nick, an Applications Engineer for a company making optical inspection machines, I have loved cars since I was a small boy sat in the great Jackie Stewart's grand prix car, far too many years ago! Done some racing and some mechanicing on motors. Love the technical stuff and how it all fits together.

F1 Technical - simply the best site on the web for, as it says on the box, technical information on F1

Tomba many thanks for the great job you are doing administrating the site. An extra thank you to all the contributers too many to name, but without you we we would have nothing to read!
NickT