Ferrari F2004

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Irvingthien

Ferrari F2004

Looks like last years car. Rumours that they are having an revolutionary front wing isn't real...visually.Shorter wheel base and the cockpit moved futher back might improve aero efficiency.No large pix tough.

elf
elf

looks like wheelbase is shortened to 3050mm...

akbar21881

where's the suprise front wing? :(

Beostar

What the hell is this???
Btw nice car i must admit :)

"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

akbar21881

the sidepod's front is different though.its no longer curvy as the old one and its higher at the front as as well as boxier near the smaller air intake.

the nose is a bit lower,drooped downwards i guess.i feel like it will use a different wing design during testing!!lets wait and see...

Steven
Owner

hmmm have you noticed the air outlets in front of the engine exhausts?
Right after the refuel hole, only noticable from the rear I think

elf
elf

there are some nice little details on what I term the F2002/F2003 cross-breed - ie the mirror mountings, complex curves on the diffuser, location and shape of the ventilation exit ducts on the engine cover, cool aero design of the suspension arms... it looks very much like it's predecessor, but it's all in the details with this baby

elf
elf

also notice that the exhausts are canted at an angle from a point above the car (ie makes a ' ^ '). This is opposite of the R24 (which make a ' V '). IMO, overall, the R24 is a similar, but more elegant design.

siztenboots
siztenboots

New Gearbox regulations ?

" The titanium gearbox has seven speeds (plus reverse) and, because of changes to the technical regulations, is operated directly by the driver. "

- operated directly by the driver

I'm not upto date on 2004 regulation changes, but have we returned to manual gbx's again ?

Beostar

semi-automatic gearboxed.
You aren't allowed to... not sure either upshift or downshift automaticly.. think its upshift..
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

Rory Byrne " 5. Systems: New regulations requiring manual starts and gear shifting as well as the requirement to send information to the new FIA data acquisition system have required an extensive revision to the electronic hardware and software. "

I think you'r correct. Launch control gone, and auto up/downshifts , I would guess.

elf
elf

F2004:
F2003-GA:

What is significant to me is the way the mirrors are mounted...probably some aero benefits there. But is it legal? Reminds me a little of MP4-18s controversial cockpit opening position, which alledgedly brought some aero advantages...

Anonymous wrote:What is significant to me is the way the mirrors are mounted...probably some aero benefits there. But is it legal? Reminds me a little of MP4-18s controversial cockpit opening position, which alledgedly brought some aero advantages...
was it that small windscreen in front of the driver that was controversial or what was it ?

350plus

What is most remarkable in the new ferrari are the details. Altough the new williams finds its beauty in the revolutionary front wing design, the ferrari is clearly a great engineering piece, whatever part you see, you realize that is there to acomplish a function. But let's wait for laptimes to show what it is really worth. Can't wait for Australian GP...