Marussia MR01 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FrukostScones

Re: Marussia MR-03

Tozza Mazza wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I really wasn't sure where else I could have posted this - but yeah.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KkY0IWeE2I[youtube]
Low dash bulkheads, a feature I expect to see on all 2012 cars, to avoid the horrific aero killing noses many seem to think we are getting in 2012 (WE'RE NOT!)
at Tozza Mazza: Where do you see that?
Last edited by Richard on 29 Feb 2012, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from post above
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ringo

Re: Marussia MR-03 Cosworth

Well it has ridges on the nose.
For Sure!!

aral

Re: Marussia MR-03

FrukostScones wrote:
Tozza Mazza wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I really wasn't sure where else I could have posted this - but yeah.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KkY0IWeE2I[youtube]
Low dash bulkheads, a feature I expect to see on all 2012 cars, to avoid the horrific aero killing noses many seem to think we are getting in 2012 (WE'RE NOT!)
at Tozza Mazza: Where do you see that?
What has this to do with next years car? And why do you expect to see low dash bulkheads? For roll over protection, there will be NO lowering of dash bulkheads. And as for a slanted nose (as shown in Scarbs diagram)how could this be aero robbing or produce extra drag? It would just redirect airflow in a different manner, and can be manipulated easily enough.
Last edited by Richard on 29 Feb 2012, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

ringo wrote:Well it has ridges on the nose.
What has ridges on the nose? When in the Vid?

Isn't it the old car, and the new (mock?) chassis Pic sits in? (is the guy stabilizing it or hiding sth. ?)I think.
What is on the computer screen? New chassis? Enhencement please...

aleks_ader

New moonocook is on the video 0-10s and 1.27-1.41s!! And also on 3D Cad programe i think is also new moonocook!!

I definetly could say from that video: Virgin will have...

-convetional teardrop side pods (visibble crash structure)

-i think the nose will be withaout clearly visible ridges
Last edited by Richard on 29 Feb 2012, 09:19, edited 2 times in total.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aral

Is that the monocoque for the MR 03? It could well be a spare monocoque from this years car. Apart from that, as body panels are added to a monocoque, there is no way that the shaping of such panels would be known, at this stage.

marcush.

they are going for a blade type rollhoop ,are they?

aleks_ader

marcush. wrote:they are going for a blade type rollhoop ,are they?
I dont thinks so! Beacuse space in the middle is normal thickness! (i estimate that i have 50% chance to have right)

But this are just my expectation and intuition!

And IF on this 3D cad model is real monoque for 2012! I m pretty sure that is conventional single hole design!

Last edited by aleks_ader on 21 Dec 2011, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

PlatinumZealot

The nose looks like a dolphin head.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

timbo

n smikle wrote:The nose looks like a dolphin head.
Only it's not a "nose" but only a tub.

marcush.

to me the monocoque top in the rollhoop area very much looks like a blade design .The flat surface to mount the rollhoop is only as wide as mandated by the regs .At least they have kept the optiuon to follow that road..
Quite remarkable that Mercedes has started a trend and have dropped it instantly when others seem to be lured towards that line of thought.There is a lot of potential for this design to reduce frontal area or at least reduce the area blocking flow to the rear wing..

FrukostScones

marcush. wrote:to me the monocoque top in the rollhoop area very much looks like a blade design .The flat surface to mount the rollhoop is only as wide as mandated by the regs .At least they have kept the optiuon to follow that road..
Quite remarkable that Mercedes has started a trend and have dropped it instantly when others seem to be lured towards that line of thought.There is a lot of potential for this design to reduce frontal area or at least reduce the area blocking flow to the rear wing..
from the tub Pic is sitting in, and from the tub pictured on the screen (especially from the one on the screen), I would say that this is definitely not a blade design.

I m so sure I would bet 10Euros.

aleks_ader

FrukostScones wrote:
marcush. wrote:to me the monocoque top in the rollhoop area very much looks like a blade design .The flat surface to mount the rollhoop is only as wide as mandated by the regs .At least they have kept the optiuon to follow that road..
from the tub Pic is sitting in, and from the tub pictured on the screen (especially from the one on the screen), I would say that this is definitely not a blade design.

I m so sure I would bet 10Euros.
jep me to +1 =D>

TzeiTzei

I'm just wondering, when the team bought Wirth Research's f1 facilities, did they buy the upgraded cfd equipment aswell? Or do they use McLaren's from now on?

ESPImperium

I think a Blade design is definatly posible, if not probable. Looks like they will have a conventional sidepod configuration, as for the nose, it looks like they have gione with a smoother and more elegant solution of what they had in 2010 to meet the A-A to B-B line regs for the nose height.

It looks a improvement already over 2011, if they can gain a second in pre season, they will worry Caterham and the mid pack teams.