CaterhamF1 CT-01 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
N12ck

CaterhamF1 CT-01 Renault

Will it be based on the t128 or will it be a brand new concept? 8)
Budding F1 Engineer

chepoi

Re: Caterham T129 Renault

i think.. it will be a "new duplicate" concept. The sidepod might be McLaren look a like.

ESPImperium

I beluive its to have a certain ammount of carry-over, ive heard reports that say there is to be as much/little as 40% carry-over.

Remember they will have to be able to put in the KERS system, and also make the car lighter as the T128 is as much as 30kg heavier than the contempoaries above it on the grid.

Also Caterham are rumored that they are going to be moving to the old Super Aguri facility at Leafeald. Whitch will be a massive boost for them, as it will put them in motorsport valley and this means they will be able to have many more employees, and have a larger catchment of employees to hire from.

The largest improvement in the 2012 car will be aero as they will have the advantage of being in the Williams tunnel from August.

Im predicting a 0.9 to 1.3 second improvement in pace with the new car already.

kultmagazin

But, will the new car be called T129, or ill it have a new name?

N12ck

Not sure, named the thread T129 as we have no other name yet :)
Budding F1 Engineer

ESPImperium

Caterham F1 Team CT01 will be the full name of the chassis.

http://caterhamf1.com/2011/notes/finaledition/ (Last page but one)

Mods, is a thread name change posible???

Tozza Mazza

ESPImperium wrote:Caterham F1 Team CT01 will be the full name of the chassis.

http://caterhamf1.com/2011/notes/finaledition/ (Last page but one)

Mods, is a thread name change posible???
it's CT01-#1 to be picky!

They seem to be saying launching in January.

aleks_ader

Very good news!! Caterham serious team with serious and reasonble objectives! Very good job, i can wait to see what they made with Red Bull gearbox, suspension and KERS...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

N12ck

Re: CaterhamF1 CR-01 Renault

When I say Midfield, I mean back of the midfield.

And the chassis name is CT-01, NOT CR-01.
Last edited by Steven on 19 Dec 2011, 20:22, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Just noting that thread title has been changed accordingly (also correctly punctuation and capitals)
Budding F1 Engineer

MIKEY_!

Re: CaterhamF1 CT-01 Renault

I can't imagine the CT-01 will be similar to the '11 Williams. The Williams was a dud, I do think (and hope) that Caterham will be in point scoring positions next year.

aleks_ader

MIKEY_! wrote:I can't imagine the CT-01 will be similar to the '11 Williams. The Williams was a dud, I do think (and hope) that Caterham will be in point scoring positions next year.
Me to!

Beacuse next season Caterham will also use Red Bull Gearbox and rear suspention that is the fact... And with combination blade design and Bulls parts i m sure that Caterham will be next year very differnd from fw33...Actuall is more likely that will be more similar Red Bull RB7, but even that is very unlikly to say... Beacuse the Cateham look for own ideas and try bring up maximum performance out of them...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

ajdavison2

Weren't Caterham (formerly lotus) already using RBR gearbox and suspension last year?

aleks_ader

ajdavison2 wrote:Weren't Caterham (formerly lotus) already using RBR gearbox and suspension last year?
Please... carefully read may comentary,,, i wrote "also" but i agree that it will be better if i wrote word "still" ...

Ooo i almost forgoted this year (2012) they will also use a Red Bull KERS unit... That is only think which make thiks slighty differet from previous season...

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/26/team ... bull-kers/

RB7ate9

MIKEY_! wrote:I can't imagine the CT-01 will be similar to the '11 Williams. The Williams was a dud, I do think (and hope) that Caterham will be in point scoring positions next year.
I wouldn't figure them to be similar in design aspects for the reasons stated previously, but I'll use Williams' 2012 design as a comparison for the progress made in terms of performance for the CT-01 (i.e. how close or how trounced or how victorious the Ct-01 is to the '12 Williams). It is my feeling that Williams won't be able to get out of their slump and it should be a banner year for Caterham F1.

scuderiafan

KERS is really what Caterham need to properly get into the midfield and challenge for a point on odd occasions. I'm assuming they got the Red Bull KERS unit because of their RB Technology tie-up, but why not use LRGP's unit with the problems Red Bull has had with KERS?
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...