CaterhamF1 CT-01 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
aleks_ader

Re: CaterhamF1 CT-01 Renault

wesley123 wrote:I simply do not see it. The carbon part is the leading edge of a wing shaped profile but I do not see a gurney.
Yeah! I suposed that is right side of upper wing element! I also think wing is some mixture of previous Lotus and red Bull wing (nice curved). I also think that it is two cascade wing.

But the most strange thing on it is that, this wing upper element looks like they have very low angeled? (Very similar angle like those crossectioned little wings with low agle of atack in 2008...)
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

PlatinumZealot

volarchico wrote:Yet, I just did. It's a very innovative front wing design. We might even expect other top teams to be copying this concept.
Looks like its a flexi wing too. should make about 100kg of Downforce at 100mph. I agree, that should assist them in making their first foray into Q3.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

megz

n smikle wrote:
volarchico wrote:Yet, I just did. It's a very innovative front wing design. We might even expect other top teams to be copying this concept.
Looks like its a flexi wing too. should make about 100kg of Downforce at 100mph. I agree, that should assist them in making their first foray into Q3.
Trolling is a art people nevar forget.

Nice to see a piece of 2012, wouldn't mind if they'd all just be able to hurry up and run the darn things!

afiq

THIS IS THE GP2/11 CAR BUILT BY DALLARA, NOT THE CT-01. MY BAD
Check here http://www.autoblog.com/photos/dallara-gp2-11/

Pictures taken from their Caterham Racing page. Surprisingly the blade-type roll hoop is replaced with the normal roll hoop. The front look like RB6

DELETED
Last edited by afiq on 12 Jan 2012, 05:23, edited 4 times in total.

PaulB

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/

aleks_ader

Thx Paul!

Hmm remind me on last year variations from Red Bull... If i connect this with this picture...

I am preatty sure in that they want to much as posibble copy red bull FLEX wing...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

mith

I've got exactly the same impression. It's giving us hints, that it might be similar to late RB7 wing.

raymondu999

The cascade seems the same like last year though.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

amouzouris

raymondu999 wrote:The cascade seems the same like last year though.
yeah! thats the impression i get too..at least the cascade looks like last year's

amouzouris

actually its missing the CNN sponsor sticker

raymondu999

Yes; but when was the last time a team launched a car with a new-spec front wing? Most launch with end-of-last-year spec wings
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

amouzouris

true...so can we assume that they found the lost downforce from the EBD so they can use last year's front wing (or even a new, better one) without upsetting the balance?

Owen.C93

amouzouris wrote:true...so can we assume that they found the lost downforce from the EBD so they can use last year's front wing (or even a new, better one) without upsetting the balance?
They don't really need a new wing for less downforce, it's easier to adjust the current one.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

amouzouris

Owen.C93 wrote:
amouzouris wrote:true...so can we assume that they found the lost downforce from the EBD so they can use last year's front wing (or even a new, better one) without upsetting the balance?
They don't really need a new wing for less downforce, it's easier to adjust the current one.
oops...i got carried away by my optimism :P

allstaruk08

maybe a new front wing with less downforce that better optimises the airflow :P