Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Huntresa

Re: McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes (pre-launch speculation)

Is that low bulge just before Vodafone on the sidepod the exhaust exits?

VFC_Cipher

Re: McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

beelsebob wrote:I see a couple of very small holes in the top of the body, but not sufficient for exhausts. Can anyone see what's going on with them?
Isn't it coming out of the sidepod, about midway down aimed at the rear brake / floor area?

raymondu999

Frontal angle.

Are the exhausts positioned legally? Sidepods look like a Red Bull clone, except with MP4-25 intakes.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Huntresa

Click to view and you can see there is something like an exhaust just before the vodafone name on the sidepod

raymondu999

With the length of time McLaren have used onboard wing mirrors; they now move to RB7-clone stalks? :shock:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Giblet

Remember, talk about the car, not the launch, etc. Posts that are not about the car and have nothing but opinions about the launch, etc, will be simply deleted.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

adrianjordan

That doesn't look like a particularly elegant solution to the exhaust exit - compared to how refined the rest of the car looks...

...just a temporary solution to be refined during testing?

As expected McLaren proves you can still have a good looking nose with the new regs.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Gridlock

That's the exhaust, no?

meves

Interesting it looks like it has a double floor and the floor is way too simple to be the final race floor. Low exhaust too, maybe that works with a double floor.. The u pods have gone and all the speculation around the nose already being almost legal look like they may have been correct with a slightly lower nose, although the wing looks like it is last years.

Iciano

Looks a bit bare without the aigo sponsorship. Johnny Walker missing too.

mclaren777

Would anybody like to speculate about this bump and whether it's the exhaust outlet?

RB7ate9

The flow from the splitter to the rear seems to be closer to Red Bull with the under-cut. It seems like they read Ringo's posts about the RB7!

myoozikk

sAx
sAx

thestig84 wrote:Well it looks like my person got the intakes right again and nose being similar. Also see why he didnt have too much else to say...looks similar but very nice. Good job Mclaren
Don't quite see the aggressive design philosophy hinted at or areas that will raise questions around legality. Maybe that is to be played out during testing next week.

It looks nice, but....?

sAx
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

astracrazy

i'd like to see a rear picture to see what is going on with that bulge. Its the exhaust exit, theres a small hole facing up at the rear wing, i wanna see if there is a hole facing the floor as well

+ floor looks cut out under the af in vodafone

edit: or that bulge helps direct the air to the floor
Last edited by astracrazy on 01 Feb 2012, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.