Ferrari F2004

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Aradea

Bull**** !!

I Don't know about that Rodlamas, U under estimate the Honda Engine for this year.. All of U who has speak badly about BAR should think first before opening your mouth.
This year is the first year for the "one engine rule", So any teams can blow up their bloody engine. U cant say that only BAR has the worst reliability for their engines.. Sure last season their engine blew up often, but that doesn't prove that they make bad F1 engine. i'm sure they will improve in a lot of ways this season, including the engine.
Honda is considering to review its F1 project this July, after Silverstone. That's the prove that Honda are giving everything their got on this new engine... And I'm believe that It will be an engine thats gonna shut the hell of these bad comments about BAR & Honda !! U'll SEE..

rodlamas

So you´ll wait and see.

As Mika has said this week, Jenson has already done 4 seasons in formula 1 without a --- podium. He´s a good driver, but he´s not brilliant and does not have a bit of luck. Do you remember Sepagn 2002 where he lost to Schumy on the last lap?

And let´s consider something. The concept car whiche features the same rear bodywork of the BAR 006 has done a better time than the new car, and this was in the hands of Sato, whichi is much worse than Jenson.

And there so many more things such as Honda thinking if they are staying or not, the change of tyres. Remember, they´re in Europe which is winter, not summer, like it´s for you and me.

They don´t have ANY data of the Michelins in the heat.

BAR will do well. But surely they´ll be behind Ferrari, Mclaren and Williams, for sure. And maybe Renault also.
"I only race to finisht first, because the second is the first looser" Ayrton Senna

rodlamas wrote:As Mika has said this week, Jenson has already done 4 seasons in formula 1 without a --- podium. He´s a good driver, but he´s not brilliant and does not have a bit of luck. Do you remember Sepagn 2002 where he lost to Schumy on the last lap?
It took Nigel Mansell five years to get his first win. I doubt Olivier Panis has ever had the luck of Schumacher, or the "brilliance" of somebody you probably didn't refer to, but he won the 1996 Monaco Grand Prix in a --- Ligier, of all cars.
rodlamas wrote:And let´s consider something. The concept car which features the same rear bodywork of the BAR 006 has done a better time than the new car, and this was in the hands of Sato, whichi is much worse than Jenson.
This doesn't mean that BAR can't use concept car ideas for the BAR006... and I doubt the BAR006 is a step backwards.
rodlamas wrote:And there so many more things such as Honda thinking if they are staying or not, the change of tyres. Remember, they´re in Europe which is winter, not summer, like it´s for you and me.
I don't see how Honda's decision to leave F1 has to factor in the car's performance throughout the year.

jen
jen

i'm not who u think i am...i'm just using his account

i just wanted to say to everyone HI....im using my friends account right now. got bored and what kind of site is this? umm cars are cool i guess...i'm not into cars...i'd rather talk about prada purses or something. but okay.. cars are okay i drive a white honda accord and it takes me from point A to B... and i have leather interior with 6 cd changer. so thats good enough for me.

KJ
KJ

I guarantee BAR/Honda won't do any better than 5th place this year in the Constructors title.

McLaren, Williams and Ferrari will round out the top 3 with Renault being very close. This year, I think the Top 3 will be much closer to eachother, with Renault being even closer to them than last year.

The 5th place team will be pretty far from the top 4 in terms of overall points. I thought Toyota was set for a pretty good season, but from what I've seen in testing, things aren't looking very good. I also thought that Jaguar would be in a position to fight for 4th place this season, but after seeing the R5 in action, i think they won't do very well this season. I predict Jaguar finishing behind Toyota this year.

Sauber should do well with a brand new wind tunnel, Ferrari Engine and Tranny (and some "help" from Ferrari won't hurt either). Maybe BAR can get 5th place this season, but I think 6th place is more realistic. But to think that they will be fighting with what I call the "Top 4" in terms of Championship points, I think is just silly.

Aradea, I know you think everyone speaks badly of BAR, but it's because they DESERVE to be spoken badly of. All this time in F1, and they are still no good. Every year is full of promises, but they end up to be empty promises. Maybe everyone is being too negative on BAR, but you on the other hand are so OVERLY optimistic, it borderlines on being talks of fantasy. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were dating David Richards or something! :P

- KJ

Aradea

Hahahaha... I'm not overly optimistic, I'm just being honest when I say that BAR can improve rapidly this season.
I Bet that 99% member or guest in this forum is A Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, or Reanult Fan. U Guys whose a fan of those top teams always thinks that smaller teams cant do ---, Am I Right ? All of U think that just because Honda, Sauber, Toyota, Jag etc. only been in this sport for a few years & doesn't have big names they doesn't deserve other people's respect... Well all of u who think that way better open your eyes.. If U don't, then U dont have the right to critics smaller teams.
Personally, If Craig Pollock were still principal of BAR & Malcolm Oastler still designing the car, I'll Stop supporting BAR & Honda. But now I see that Dave Richards & Geoff Willis is the right man to build the team.. DR is known to make Subaru a WRC Champion and he manage Prodrive vey well , And Willis is one of the top designers in F1 today. So here's my reason for being "overly optimistic" :
1. DR is a great man to manage any team, his resume proves that.
2. Goeff Willis, top designer !!
3. Button is great driver, (U got to admit, beating JV in his first season is
quite remarkable).
4. Takuma Sato is driving now (he's quite good, remember Suzuka ?),
think HONDA will back this team 100% now.
5. The engine (RA004E) will be one the best on the grid.

Do All of U remember Renault ? Two seasons ago that team is nothing, even Minardi is beating them in that time, But look at them right now. I'm sure that none of U expected Reanult to be so good two years ago.. My point is, every team is improving by the season, including the smaller teams. Is by how much they improve is the question, And U can see that only at the First Race in Melbourne.
ONE MORE TIME, I'm not saying that BAR will win the championship this year or be on the podium in every race. What I mean is BAR will improve a lot this season than the rest of the smaller teams (Reanult Included), and that give them a chance to be very competitive in every race and there's a lot more chance to be on a podium frequently or maybe win a race (Who knows, in F1 anything can Happen :) ).
If What I'm telling U all right now turns out to be wrong and BAR still slow & un-reliable, I Will Stop supporting BAR and stop watching F1 !!
U CAN TAKE MY WORD ON THAT.
cos If BAR is still sucks then HONDA wont back them up anymore & there's no point for me to keep watching F1..
I hope all of U Big-Teams-Fan out there can see my point here, start thinking that anything can happen in F1. So NEVER under estimate the smaller teams..
I'LL SEE U IN THIS FORUM AFTER A COUPLE OF RACES OK ?!

joseff

Hi Jen, we're generally nice guys here chatting abt motorsports :D

joseff wrote:Hi Jen, we're generally nice guys here chatting abt motorsports :D
That was my friend typing something... I was helping her w/ her essay and she decided to post random stuff (she did this to another forum). This is West btw; she doesn't like F1 cars because they look "weird."

Becker4

hahahaha.

Reca

Back to the F2004...
New aero device on the car, first time Tuesday in Fiorano and also yesterday in Mugello.
As expected the engine cover design wasn’t definitive, now there’s a mount, a thin arm that starts from the rear edge, follows the slope of the upper edge and allows to satisfy the new rule on engine cover size :
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/photos/200 ... _113.shtml
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/photos/200 ... _108.shtml

An horizontal “wing” is mounted to it and probably also connected with the vertical fins between the rear wheels (in the pic is the black arm between the left mirror and head protection) :
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/photos/200 ... _110.shtml

Unfortunately I failed to find better pics on the web, I have another one with a different point of view (3/4 front) that was in the yesterday issue of a newspaper, “Gazzetta dello Sport”, quality isn’t really good because it’s b/w (black & pink actually since Gazzetta is printed on pink paper), but the sum of them allows a good idea of the design.
Hopefully better pictures will follow but at least now you all know what to look for while searching them.

scarbs

http://sport.virgilio.it/it/cmc/motori/ ... 63297.html

Its similar to the wing Renault used in Monaco last year and Prost at
Hungary in 2001. Its simply a wide narrow chord wing
stretched between the flip ups (between the rear wheels). As its
behind the rear axle and below a certain height this is permitted
under the rules. I thought the stepped shape of the engine cover at
the launch was a give away for something else to appear there, plus Ferrari mentioned something new at the rear as well as the new front wing..

Heres Renaults version last year (sorry about the quality)

akbar21881

Is that small wing attached between the flip up is for downforce or to better direct air to the rear wing?

hit_guy

Hi

Does anybody have more pics of the Rear end ,Also doesnt look too elegeant from what I have seen.

Reca

The pic in the Scarbs’ post is modified, probably by the writer of the article in the link, to mimic the pic on Gazzetta (also the zoom in the circle...) adding a “wing” to an F2004 originally without it. Until now I’ve found pics from Mugello test only at f1live.com, so look there for updates in the next hours.

As far as I can see from tv images, a few “thermal stickers” (I don’t know how to call them in English) were attached to the wing at Fiorano, not present in Mugello, probably they’ve verified the hot air from exhaust isn’t directed towards it. Apparently the chord is shorter than that of the wing seen on the R23, it’s just a few cm, maybe we will see different versions to adapt it to different tracks, anyway it should be a solution present everywhere, at least the central mount must be there to satisfy the new rules on engine cover.

hit_guy

hi

While looking at the front wing of the f2004 I observed that only the cental portion of the third element (right in front of the single keel) is serrated
Any reasons why??