Williams Garage Fire

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ray

Re: Williams Garage Fire

If there was a tire fire then that event would have lasted much longer. Tire fires are very very hard to extinguish.

thearmofbarlow

SiLo wrote:I was going to ask the same thing, what happens if there was damage to the car and part need to be replaced?
I can't imagine the FIA imposing penalties for replacing parts on a car that was damaged in an unrelated incident. Depending on how hosed/hot the car got they might have to go to a full replacement rather than just bits and pieces.

Hail22

I believe Senna deserves a new engine without it harming the teams engine allocation (very rare exception).
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

enz0

It's Force Majour ( not sure if i spelled that right) It was an uncontrollable circumstance, and the team couldn't have done anything more than put out the fire, so they should get a new engine and gearbox without suffering a penalty or an engine allocation issue.

FW17

is that mike coughlan

Hail22

Yes it is Mike Coughlan.

Also the Spanish Arson squad are conducting an investigation with the fire brigade (no suspicion just joint effort for a more thorough investigation).

How do i know? its common protocol around the World especially an EU nation.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

enz0 wrote:It was an uncontrollable circumstance
How do you know that it wasn't arson to be considered force majeur? I don't think it was - but I don't think it would hold up in a court of law, strictly speaking.

Maybe they had something illegal going on making Pastor so quick and they were burning the evidence, making it look like accidental arson :mrgreen:

*second paragraph was tongue in cheek
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

raymondu999 wrote:
enz0 wrote:It was an uncontrollable circumstance
How do you know that it wasn't arson to be considered force majeur? I don't think it was - but I don't think it would hold up in a court of law, strictly speaking.

Maybe they had something illegal going on making Pastor so quick and they were burning the evidence, making it look like accidental arson :mrgreen:

*second paragraph was tongue in cheek
Most fire brigades and police arson squads are very smart, especially when working with hydrochloric acid fires/burns which can clean evidence in a flash.

If there is any wrong doing the hammer will come down hard...but to me it seems like a pure accident.

Gilles Villeneuve

FW17

raymondu999 wrote:

If that was the case parc ferme should have been on fire, not the williams garage

zoro_f1

"Photos showed grand prix winner Pastor Maldonado heroically carrying on his back to safety his 12-year-old cousin" -->> taken from [yalla].
tomazy wrote:Image
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

GrizzleBoy

Guys, it's quite obvious they had large amounts of pixie dust stored in their garage.

It's the same pixie dust that allows their car to be so compact and its the same pixie dust that they sprinkled on Maldonados hands, feet and tyres.

As anyone who has an understanding of electrical/fuel hazards, knows high concentrations of dust in the atmosphere create highly flammable situations.

During the celebration of Mr Williams' birthday and first team win in eight years, someone decided it was a good idea to put a sparkler candle on poor Mr Williams' cake.

With the high levels of pixie dust eminating from Maldonado and whever they have their pixie dust stored, the ignition and burning of the sparker immediately lit the atmosphere, causing the air to blaze above the Williams teams heads (this is verifiable by statements made by Mr Williams's son to the Sky team).

With the air literally on fire, other fire sensitive substances also exposed to high concentrations of pixie dust were soon ignited, causing a dirty black smoke to begin flowing out of the Williams garage.

Luckily, there were many heroic people from team members, to other teams team members, to media crews who were immediately on hand to begin bringing the fire under control, long before emergency services arrived (which imo was far far far too long).

I expect to see new regulations regarding magical substances appearing soon as this kind of devastation is not something F1 needs to see any time soon.

neilbah

very funny grizzleboy :)

i immediately suspected foul play, alonso must have thrown one of his toys out the pram, its not everyday williams wins, and its not everyday thie winners team spontaneously combusts.

on a more serious note everyone in the team was probably so excited that a procedure was missed

PaulB

Re: Williams FW34 Renault

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/

ArchAngel

Had the fire been electrical in origin, or had the explosion/fire exposed high voltage/current hazards inside the garage, mechanics & other team personnel who are untrained in fire-fighting and ill-equipped to deal with the specific fire (yet were over-eager to rush in & help out, bless them) could've been seriously hurt, even fatally injured.

sknguy

GrizzleBoy wrote:Guys, it's quite obvious they had large amounts of pixie dust stored in their garage.

It's the same pixie dust that allows their car to be so compact and its the same pixie dust that they sprinkled on Maldonados hands, feet and tyres.

As anyone who has an understanding of electrical/fuel hazards, knows high concentrations of dust in the atmosphere create highly flammable situations.

During the celebration of Mr Williams' birthday and first team win in eight years, someone decided it was a good idea to put a sparkler candle on poor Mr Williams' cake.

With the high levels of pixie dust eminating from Maldonado and whever they have their pixie dust stored, the ignition and burning of the sparker immediately lit the atmosphere, causing the air to blaze above the Williams teams heads (this is verifiable by statements made by Mr Williams's son to the Sky team).

With the air literally on fire, other fire sensitive substances also exposed to high concentrations of pixie dust were soon ignited, causing a dirty black smoke to begin flowing out of the Williams garage.

Luckily, there were many heroic people from team members, to other teams team members, to media crews who were immediately on hand to begin bringing the fire under control, long before emergency services arrived (which imo was far far far too long).

I expect to see new regulations regarding magical substances appearing soon as this kind of devastation is not something F1 needs to see any time soon.
What about the one where it was triggered by the self destruct feature of the winning ticket for the Perelli lottery.