2012 Canadian GP - Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
FakeAlonso

Re: Canadian GP 2012 - Gilles Villeneuve

Redbull has illegal brake ducs

http://thef1times.com/news/display/06182

JAllen

Not massively disimilar to Maldonado & Perez in monaco was it, one driver passing another then leaving them no room/colliding with them. Both "appear" reasonably intentional? :wtf:

beelsebob

JAllen wrote:Not massively disimilar to Maldonado & Perez in monaco was it, one driver passing another then leaving them no room/colliding with them. Both "appear" reasonably intentional? :wtf:
No, one was a driver moving back to the racing line a bit earlier than he should have (probably based on a missjudgement of how far ahead he was), the other was an intentional lunge off line into another car.

Teechnical

Redbull becoming over smart xD
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

MuseF1

Whats going on with the stewards at these racesl? Red Bull say they've run those brake ducts since the start of the season, why does it take until round 7 to discover and declare them illegal?
F1's becoming a bit silly

Hail22

MuseF1 wrote:Whats going on with the stewards at these racesl? Red Bull say they've run those brake ducts since the start of the season, why does it take until round 7 to discover and declare them illegal?
Money ultimately rules Formula 1, you know that right? :/ I dislike it as well...why have rules for if they cannot fully apply them? oh wait...they only do that to Mclaren...right...how fair (by the way not a macca fan...just being impartial).
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

MuseF1

Hail22 wrote:
MuseF1 wrote:Whats going on with the stewards at these racesl? Red Bull say they've run those brake ducts since the start of the season, why does it take until round 7 to discover and declare them illegal?
Money ultimately rules Formula 1, you know that right? :/ I dislike it as well...why have rules for if they cannot fully apply them? oh wait...they only do that to Mclaren...right...how fair (by the way not a macca fan...just being impartial).
Well i'm a macca fan so i dont mind at all :) but as a macca fan I want to see reb bull have penalties and all that stuff, after the past 2 years rbr torture anyway.
But I can't see it as fair, people talking about penalties and dsq's for them for the first 6 races, its not fair on red bull if that actually happened. this should be picked up at the 1st race. in fact the first race is where the cars you would expect to be scrutinised more thoroughly, considering its straight after testing and the start of the season.
it should be the other way round, Red Bull should should penalise the FIA, especially over the floor-hole

Neno

lol
red bull run new brake ducts only from Montreal this year...they said on BBC that Red Bull have new brake ducts for this weekend :roll:

FakeAlonso

The way things are going it looks every race fia will find something illegal with red bull

MuseF1

Neno wrote:
lol
red bull run new brake ducts only from Montreal this year...they said on BBC that Red Bull have new brake ducts for this weekend :roll:
I dont know why but I thought I read that they'd run them since the start of the season :oops:

beelsebob

MuseF1 wrote:
Neno wrote:
lol
I dont know why but I thought I read that they'd run them since the start of the season :oops:
I expect you're thinking of the holes in the floor, which they've run from *almost* the start of the season.

Mr Alcatraz

Hold the phone! I think that is a notoriously unreliable source, No? Excuse my ignorance, but much more importantly to me isn’t Ferrari's new solution similar to something like this? 8-[ :-k
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

FakeAlonso

Mr Alcatraz wrote:Hold the phone! I think that is a notoriously unreliable source, No? Excuse my ignorance, but much more importantly to me isn’t Ferrari's new solution similar to something like this? 8-[ :-k
AMuS unreliable source?

beelsebob

Can anyone PM me a stream that hasn't been taken down?

Mr Alcatraz

FakeAlonso wrote:
Mr Alcatraz wrote:Hold the phone! I think that is a notoriously unreliable source, No? Excuse my ignorance, but much more importantly to me isn’t Ferrari's new solution similar to something like this? 8-[ :-k
AMuS unreliable source?
Nothing about it here:
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Formula+One
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand