2013 Testing - Jerez 5-8 Feb

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Vasconia

Re: 2013 Testing - Jerez - 5th to 8th Feb

MarkedOne8 wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:Actually people on this forum were able to pretty accurately predict that Mercedes had massive tyre degradation from the test timings in 2012.
Respect, but you don't have to be clairvoyant to be able to predict Mercedes' tyre treatment.They had simmilar problems in 2011 and even in 2010.

The longer distance between rear and front wheels is expected to cure these problems.
And now I could predict some lack of reliabilty. :lol:

Kiril Varbanov

F138 is already running vertical strakes near diffuser's edge a la Red Bull RB8:

GrizzleBoy

So two red flags, both from Mercedes powered vehicles from separate teams, with Force India still too scared to set a fast lap time.

Dun-dun-DUNNNNNNN *horror sounds*

turbof1

Very interesting. I have to say Ferrari made their lives much more difficult because with that slim back they can't hide anything what is going on at the floor there.
#AeroFrodo

zoro_f1

am i missing something or is it just me getting downvotes and suggestions not to use this thread for pics? Image
Kiril Varbanov wrote:F138 is already running vertical strakes near diffuser's edge a la Red Bull RB8:

stefan_ wrote:
prince wrote:
stefan_ wrote:Zorro, use the car threads for car pictures please.
I think it is optimal to have the pictures flowing here, rather than keep changing the tabs on the browser and keep refreshing all of them.
richard_leeds wrote:

For people new to the forum...
  • Testing & race threads for timing info & race chatter
  • Car threads should be about the physical features of the car
  • Team threads for conversations about the team - people, sponsorship, management etc.
  • We have a special fanboy thread for cheering on your team, prophecies, and trolling :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=7520
[/color]
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

MarkedOne8

turbof1 wrote:Very interesting. I have to say Ferrari made their lives much more difficult because with that slim back they can't hide anything what is going on at the floor there.
The dark colors are what helps Lotus and Red Bull to be hardly uncovered.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

motorloon1993

'Williams is running a development exhaust layout on the FW34, with the carbon fibre behind it already burned after a few laps #F1' f1tech on twitter

stefan_

Aero A ‏@F1_Aero

ESPN F1
Last edited by stefan_ on 05 Feb 2013, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Lorenzo_Bandini

MW
"Not a good start. We had same problem last year in Abu Dhabi. Mercedes modified the part but it seems it didnt bring much...."

Mika1

My god, what a promising start of the season.
The boss follows me on twitter.

stefan_

10:02 Glenn Freeman has the latest on Mercedes's earlier stoppage - it was caused by an electrical failure, and the smoke was caused by the bodywork getting warm when the car stopped
via Autosport
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Mika1

Well, at least it's not the coanda system.
The boss follows me on twitter.

zoro_f1

i have a feeling that none of the administration is listing me! Image
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

stefan_

Warming up the tires: Merceds style.

NathanOlder

Does anyone know what the fastest lap time was on the first day of the Jerez test in 2012 ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC