Caterham CT-03 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
RB7ate9

Re: Caterham CT-03 Renault

It is great to see a much smoother blend between the sidepods and the floor. The near right-angles were killing my eyes!

Overall, Caterham looks to have more of their stuff together, adding bits they've seen the big teams use, but integrating them rather than merely slapping them on (except perhaps for the Williams-style monkey seat :D )

What I really hope to see is a vanity-panel for their nose. I understand that they have that "channel" down the top of the chassis, but there must be a solution that perhaps uses that channel a bit better with a nose that doesn't have a step. The more Caterham does to streamline the car, the better.

zoro_f1

Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

Huntresa

zoro_f1 wrote:first controversy of the season: [Caterham exhaust set to spark first controversy of 2013]

@scarbs

@Rturcato83 I'd already seen the exhaust vane, its perfectly legal as it sits under the axis of the exhaust tail pipe

zoro_f1

thanks for the answer... i cannot still upvote your post... sorry. Image

also... i am wondering why Yalla make that kind of a story? Image
Huntresa wrote: @scarbs

@Rturcato83 I'd already seen the exhaust vane, its perfectly legal as it sits under the axis of the exhaust tail pipe
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

stefan_

Jerez - Day 2

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Matt Somers

Here's my analysis of the CT-03 including some info on the Exhaust Channel Blade: http://somersf1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/ ... lysis.html
Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Gridlock

Great to see a well lit diffuser!

Of course now I'm even more confused :D

stefan_

Jerez - Day 4 (08.02.2013)

High resolution:
Exhaust / aero rig
http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 911.15.jpg

Front wing:
http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 860.12.jpg

raymondu999

Trackside impressions by Gary Anderson, from the latest edition of Autosport:
Gary Anderson wrote:The Caterham drivers both struggled to be precise with this car. It seems highly strung and if things go wrong, you are just a passenger until you get out of the corner. It’s not a compliant car but, without simulator technology, track time might help improve this.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

humble sabot

This will not pass pedestrian safety standards!
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

Forza

F1 Testing - Barcelona T02 - day 1

Blackout

Internals

Maxion

I'm really quite surprised as to how far off the pace the new caterham is. They've not been that much off of Marussias times and they're miles off from any other team.

nacho

They've also thrown in less experienced drivers who are new to team. That might mean half a second but definitely not seconds I think.