BMW Sauber F1.07

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Principessa

BMW Sauber F1.07

From the first point of view, as i saw the car being unveiled on the live stream, not much has changed compared to the F1.06. There are some new winglets near the exhaust.
I hope that more can be seen on the pictures. As soon as I have them they will be online in the news and gallery :wink:

DarkSnape

sry for u Principesa but contrarry the car has change a lot ( the front nose the chimenys the sidepods everithing) wait for pictures. sry for my English i`m waiting to for more pics

AstonMartin
AstonMartin

I had a feed and closed it, now I guess I'm in a long queue :D

I've been waiting all day....lol

Principessa

The live stream lasted only 10minutes! Halfway the interviews it was shut down. It was announced on the website of bmw

AstonMartin
AstonMartin

Oh okay. This is the first time I've taken a focus toward the launches. As a big BMW and previously Sauber fan I was intrigued to watch it. I saw about 10 seconds before I closed it.

Look forward to the pics and the on track performance.

DarkSnape

the car it`s brilint

joseff

Looks like they've abandoned last year's "Underside of nose must be as flat as possible" principle. The high nose makes the front look like a FW27 but with zero-keel. Boy, there's a car they'd love to hate!

i70q7m7ghw

New nose, new engine cover, few more new flicks around the sidpods, re-designed front suspension and the sidepods have had a bit of a nip-tuck...

Another evolution I guess. These teams must be very confident with their aero... unless they put all their money in to the engines last year and intend to do they aero between now and Oz.

Sawtooth-spike

Where did the Horns go? i really like them

Its a new car, but alot of little changes. Hope they dont do a Jordon/honda/toyota, and make a useless car the year after they made a good car.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/gallery/v/BM ... 07+Launch/

On track, the car looks so much better than during the presentation this morning. I have to get used to the new helmet of Heidfeld though

DarkSnape

the front suspension it`s diferent of F1.06?
Last edited by DarkSnape on 16 Jan 2007, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

fwa2500

the new nose looks great! very slick, and look how tight the rear is! :shock:

this new crop of cars is really looking stunning so far with that one unnamed exception.... :roll:

tomislavp4

I missed the lounch cause I was at school...
I thought it will be more diferent and by the way where are the "horns" :?

Rampf said: "F1.07’s new seven-speed gearbox, which shifts up to the next gear without any break in power at the rear axle"
Is that possible? :shock:

Spencifer_Murphy

It is if they've got a transverse gearbox...but that seems odd. Wouldn't it make the rear end to wide... kinda counter-productive when you're making the coke-bottle effect skinnier isn't it?

Maybe somebody like scarbs could shed some light on this.

There is another type of gearbox though, not transverse, not longitudinal...I forget the name. I think maybe it begins with an "R". But it could be that.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

joseff

I think what he means is "vee now haff seemless sheefts too, ja?"