2013 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
tim|away

2013 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

Tyres:
2013 - medium, soft
2012 - medium, soft
2011 - medium, soft

Winning Strategies:
Winner 2012 Kimi Räikkönen - OP (Soft 31 laps, Medium 24 laps)
Winner 2011 Lewis Hamilton - OOP (Soft 16 laps, Soft 24 laps, Medium 15 laps)

Pole Position:
2012 - Lewis Hamilton 1:40.630
2011 - Sebastian Vettel 1:38.481

Pole Lap 2012
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVidPPnfzDg[/youtube]

gandharva

Re: 2013 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

7 in a row? Quite possible on this track.

SamH123

Hamilton ended a period of Vettel domination last year at this track, but, Vettel didn't have an advantage of 7 tenths in India last year so I doubt Hamilton can overturn Vettel this year

I don't expect things to get any better for Ferrari (I think they'll do well to hold onto 3rd in the wcc to be honest) but otherwise I'm not sure what else is of interest

Shrieker

Agreed. Hamilton will probably be better than Rosberg here, but I can't see how he can lap faster than an RB9.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

PlatinumZealot

Hamilton ain't gonna be on pole

Coz He don't drive a Red Bull
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

I think He can pole here. There are times when he can be up to 1 second faster over a lap, maybe it's enough to beat vettel by a couple hundreths. As for the race, this is a vettel win.
For Sure!!

IceIceBaby

ringo wrote:There are times when he can be up to 1 second faster over a lap, maybe it's enough to beat vettel by a couple hundreths.
Surely you are exaggerating, when have we seen Lewis do a lap 1 second faster than what the car is capable of,or relative to his teammate and the others?

Crucial_Xtreme

This is definitely a good track for RB, lol nowadays that's all of them. Obviously I expect Seb to win the race. I think Lewis could possibly get pole but Merc will have to step up their game a bit when compared to India and Lewis will have to have a perfect lap. I think he can do it.

Juzh

Funny how people were saying exactly the same about hamilton for singapore. How he can drag those extra tenths out the car on twisty street circuits. Old habits die hard I guess.

Vasconia

Another victory for Sebastian, perhaps his rivals could have an opportunity to win if he is more relaxed than usual, if not I cannot see anyone else winning this race.

Anway I expect to see Lotus being quite strong here, who knows perhaps Grosjean can ge here his first win.

raymondu999

Vasconia wrote:Another victory for Sebastian, perhaps his rivals could have an opportunity to win if he is more relaxed than usual, if not I cannot see anyone else winning this race.

Anway I expect to see Lotus being quite strong here, who knows perhaps Grosjean can ge here his first win.
A relaxed mind under less pressure will perform better than a mind under pressure. Having said that I don't think there will be a difference in this case. Seb is hungry enough to want to win every race, and there will probably be as much pressure that he puts on himself now as there was at the last race.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Vasconia

raymondu999 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Another victory for Sebastian, perhaps his rivals could have an opportunity to win if he is more relaxed than usual, if not I cannot see anyone else winning this race.

A relaxed mind under less pressure will perform better than a mind under pressure. Having said that I don't think there will be a difference in this case. Seb is hungry enough to want to win every race, and there will probably be as much pressure that he puts on himself now as there was at the last race.
Just to clarify it, I dont expect to see Sebastian underperforming, I only mention that this is the only chance of winning that the other drivers have.

And though I expect a hungry Seb, its easier to relax when you have "done your job".

Anyway, I said it a few races ago, I think he is going to win ever single race if the team doesnt say tha he has to let Webberto win his last race.

rssh

I don't see anyone again challenging RB's ,the last sector is just like Singapore and RB is good on straight line speed (as seen recently as well as last year with Vettel). I hope atleast here the softs last a bit longer than in India thought to make it less of a fake 2 stopper

spin1/2

Juzh wrote:Funny how people were saying exactly the same about hamilton for singapore. How he can drag those extra tenths out the car on twisty street circuits. Old habits die hard I guess.
Lets just say that merc don't have the traction that rbr do. This is pretty much a traction circuit.

atanatizante

Now that Mr. Finger and RBR have both championships in the bag I`ll ask you guys to vote which will be the best Vettel`s approach for the next 3 races:
1. He must start at the last position on the grid;
2. He must start on Webber`s car and have the 10 th place on the grid;
3. He must start at his qualy original place but he must race with just one eye sight;
4. Same as above but he must race with a hand tied;
5. Same as above but he must lap everyone but Mark.
Fill free to add new situations in this above list ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus