Sauber C33 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Richard

Sauber C33 Ferrari

A quick reminder that the car threads are a haven for exploring the actual features of the actual car.

We have other threads for team & race conversations.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Time for the annual reminder that the car threads are for examining the actual features of the car. If the comment doesn’t relate to an observation of an actual detail on the car then it doesn’t belong in this thread.

For the avoidance of doubt, here are some examples:

• Whitmarsh, Vettel, and Boullier are not features on any car.
  • References to laptimes belong in the relevant test or race thread.
  • Seriously, there is nothing new to say about genitals, gaping fish, or monkeys with big noses. It’s all been said already. We don’t need endless reminders.
  • Soft focus effects belong in wedding albums, not technical posts.
  • “I love this team” or “the TP must be sacked” are fanboy posts
  • Links to a blog are OK as long if you make constructive objective posts here. Otherwise its just spam.

Finally, if you do see posts that are out of order then please report them so they can be dealt with appropriately.
[/color][/i][/b][/size]

Bikeman

xxxxx

daveyrace

Re: Sauber C33 Pre-launch Speculation

From the sauber site above^^through google translate.

About the nose.

"Optical most striking element of the Sauber C33-Ferrari is drawn well downwards, trunk-like nose. The pylons of the front wing mounting are so far out as possible expedient in consideration of the regulations, to direct as much air under the car."

Also in regards to the side pods.

"The shape of the sidepods is significantly influenced by the standardized lateral crash elements. Slightly larger than its predecessor, the air intakes, because the cooling requirements of the complex drive unit has increased significantly. For the same reason, as well as the condenser, are arranged vertically at the side, become significantly greater. Again, some flexibility was built to respond to, the requirements should move in one direction or another."

So larger side pods and a trunk-like nose.

ajprice

daveyrace wrote:From the sauber site above^^through google translate.

About the nose.

"Optical most striking element of the Sauber C33-Ferrari is drawn well downwards, trunk-like nose. The pylons of the front wing mounting are so far out as possible expedient in consideration of the regulations, to direct as much air under the car."
Sounds similar to the Ferrari nose.

Vanja #66

How does "trunk" sound similar to vacuum cleaner?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

BorisTheBlade

Being a native speaker I don't think the Google translation is accurate. To me it sounds more like the classic finger nose.

patrik

Why use google translate? There's a Union Jack on the upper right corner...

Perhaps the most visually striking element of the Sauber C33-Ferrari is the very low, snout-like nose. The front wing pylon’s attachments on the nose have been moved out as far as possible allowed by the regulations to channel as much air as possible under the car.

The aerodynamics engineers were handed a new brief for the design of the front wing, which is 7.5 centimetres narrower on either side than the previous version. This creates very different airflow conditions. The entire front wing with its complex end plates, has, therefore, been newly developed from the ground up.

he front suspension concept has changed little, with its springs and dampers again pushrod-actuated. However, the changes to the regulations regarding the chassis profile have called for some detail adjustments.

The side crash elements have had a significant influence on the form of the side pods which is clearly visible in the design of the car. The cooling air intakes are slightly larger than those of last year’s car because the cooling requirements of the power unit and ancillaries have increased considerably. For the same reason, the vertically mounted radiators are now significantly larger. Again, the engineers have built a degree of flexibility into their design to allow scope to react should requirements shift in one or other direction.
[edit]

Sounds to me like a McLaren-nose solution.

daveyrace

I missed the union jack, haha.
Although things can often be explained differently in another language, as it just says "very low" in the uk one whereas in the translated is says "drawn well downwards". A snout is also different to a trunk. :roll: anyway...
I thought it sounded like it meant a nose similar to mclarens, a trunk sticking out with wide pylons. If they have a high chassis like Ferrari though as they say( drawn well downwards) it could make for an interesting shape. :shock:

Huntresa

So where is the car ? I cant see anything on their website, its 14.30 CET now...

BorisTheBlade

Look the post before yourselves.

BorisTheBlade

The first finger nose that looks exactly as predicted before.

tomazy

Huntresa

BorisTheBlade wrote:Look the post before yourselves.
Yes i know but its no real pics, just one rly small and nothing on their youtube as they said, so is it rly released or just accident. Someone on FB and Twitter is saying 4pm CET.

Edit: Confirmed 4pm CET launch.

BorisTheBlade

Their spec sheet says that the MGU-H's max. rpm is 12.000. Surely a typo?!