Sahara Force India F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gridlock

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2014

I'm sure topping the timing sheets is totally unrelated :twisted:

Racer X

They did top that days sheets but not the fastest overall their 4th fastest let's pretend it stays this way at Melbourne
You'll still end up 7th and 8th.
In a sense Force India is still where it was last year solid but not great..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

rahulsampath

Racer X wrote:They did top that days sheets but not the fastest overall their 4th fastest let's pretend it stays this way at Melbourne
You'll still end up 7th and 8th.
In a sense Force India is still where it was last year solid but not great..
I am certain that Force India is up there with Mercedes, as their fastest times came from High fuel Soft Tyre Run. Just wait till Melbourne, they will produce better time than Williams.
Even Hamilton thinks Force India is far ahead which made him quote this "Fortunately the Mercedes is such a good engine: you have Williams, who look like they could be a competitive team, and you have Force India who could be much further ahead"

Source : http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 15522.html

Racer X

So your telling me Force India come Melbourne might be the strongest or amongst the top 3 at least. At least in Melbourne...

Well let's see what Hulk can do if he's as good as they say and the car as good they say.

Then let's see some podiums.

Perez I'm not to sure about because he does show greatness but also stupidity. So we have to see if it's true he's better after McLaren. Like Force India says....

multisync

much further ahead than last year is what I suspect he means. Personally I think they are the last of the Merc powered cars.

rahulsampath

Nico Hulkenberg had mentioned in one interview that they never did low fuel, super soft run and also their DRS didnt work. Also Williams posted their time after 5 in the evening and the track was much faster.
Based on his assumption, FIF1 can bring their car 1:33's.

Apart from that, Force India will be introducing a lightweight chassis for Melbourne, which will bring them below 691 Kg weight limit. Therefore to meet the min weight limit, they will even have the liberty to use ballast which can be used be to tune car's handling and keep the center of gravity low.

Source(regarding DRS and 1:33 time): http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 65194.html

(Regarding light weight Chassis) : http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 66432.html

Godius

rahulsampath wrote:Nico Hulkenberg had mentioned in one interview that they never did low fuel, super soft run and also their DRS didnt work. Also Williams posted their time after 5 in the evening and the track was much faster.
Based on his assumption, FIF1 can bring their car 1:33's.

Apart from that, Force India will be introducing a lightweight chassis for Melbourne, which will bring them below 691 Kg weight limit. Therefore to meet the min weight limit, they will even have the liberty to use ballast which can be used be to tune car's handling and keep the center of gravity low.

Source(regarding DRS and 1:33 time): http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 65194.html

(Regarding light weight Chassis) : http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 66432.html
Thank you for this useful information and for providing proper sources.

Racer X

To know Force India has a chance and Williams this is incredible by the sound of things Mercedes engine cars might own the week end.

Godius

As a long time Jordan F1 fan I have to say that I was delighted with this result, the last decade was kind of rubbish with a lot of downs and rarely a few ups. Force India have steadily developed into a solid sub-top team just like back in the good Jordan F1 years. But I have been reading that they have severe financial problems, I hope that they can keep up with their contenders in terms of aero development.

edit

Gatorade becomes official supplier to Sahara Force India

I don't know if this news has something to do with the lack of SFI branding on the side pods in Bahrain testing:

Racer X

Amazing news I wonder when we can see the commercials roll in...

multisync

Godius wrote:As a long time Jordan F1 fan I have to say that I was delighted with this result, the last decade was kind of rubbish with a lot of downs and rarely a few ups. Force India have steadily developed into a solid sub-top team just like back in the good Jordan F1 years. But I have been reading that they have severe financial problems, I hope that they can keep up with their contenders in terms of aero development.
:
I know they have
I'm reasonably confident they wont because their cfd upgrade is already 3 months behind schedule due to severe fiscal restrictions (contractors not being paid)

Watch the sky interview with VJM after the race, he looked a haunted man who knew he couldn't keep the pretence going much longer. Roy is in jail and he is being harassed daily by creditors. The team needs to be bought out asap.

Sidhartha.techie

Sahara cheif is in jail, still he is not getting bail because the court wants Rs.5000 crore in cash and another Rs. 5000 crore in bank guarantee . Althought SAHARA's total worth is around Rs.80000-85000 crore, they are finding it tought to raise the cash amount due to several restrictions. But still They have enough money to sponsor a team through indirect money (not cash).

Godius

With Williams now also sporting Mercedes branding on their chassis, Force India is now the only Mercedes powered car without Mercedes branding. Williams are a bit lucky though because Toto Wolff made a deal between Williams and Mercedes. Force India could use every extra penny of sponsorship money.

ChrisM40

Now without Sahara Branding on the sidepod..

https://plus.google.com/117053950917406 ... jAqzL8uKM1

Godius

ChrisM40 wrote:Now without Sahara Branding on the sidepod..

https://plus.google.com/117053950917406 ... jAqzL8uKM1
It's back on the car although they have stripped of the orange/white livery, i think that this could be to save weight. Any thoughts?