Sahara Force India F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
astracrazy

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

FI may now not compete in austin if they don't pay merc?

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 41387.html

Manoah2u

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

astracrazy wrote:FI may now not compete in austin if they don't pay merc?

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 41387.html
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Wow didn't see that coming. Only 16 cars @ the grid in Austin? :wtf: I'm starting to get a deja-vu :shock:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

skoop

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2014

they paid and will be there :)
source: AMuS

astracrazy

Link?

Facts Only

This has been a complete non-story, cooked up by someone trying to make a "scoop" from knowing when a payment deadline was.

Of course they only paid on the deadline, nobody with a brain would hand over £millions early would they, you keep it in your bank account earning interest as long as you can, or if you have to borrow money you borrow it at the last minute so you accrue the minimum amount of interest on the loan.

I bet that FIF1 and Mercedes HPP would have known exactly when the money was going to be paid and it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Also even IF the money arrived late Merc would still have supplied the engines as it would be incredibly stupid to put your biggest customer out of business or in jeopardy (FIF1 are supplied engines and gearboxes, Williams only buy engines as do McLaren who are all but done with them) rather than work out a new payment plan.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Racer X

http://en.espnf1.com/forceindia/motorsp ... 82827.html

Juncadella Crash at Brazil GP during the free practice..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

SilverArrow10

I just figured something out, with Lotus having a poor season. Force India will become part of the five big teams +1. So they can have a say in how the sport is run =D>
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

multisync

Colour change is on the way for FI apparently. Not sure if the name will remain the same but it seems there may be a new partner revealed.

Racer X

A new Partner for Force India Perhaps Telmex? a team with Milahj still having controlling interest but rather then just sponsor Telmex owning part of the team in the same way that Genni do at Lotus.. I think that would be a good idea i mean why not help the team further grow clearly Force India has shown it can keep growing it has done so much slowly over the years that if any Mid Pack team looks like it could break into the top 5 it could be Force india or perhaps not break into the top 5 but go toe to toe from time to time with them..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Godius

Racer X wrote:A new Partner for Force India Perhaps Telmex? a team with Milahj still having controlling interest but rather then just sponsor Telmex owning part of the team in the same way that Genni do at Lotus.. I think that would be a good idea i mean why not help the team further grow clearly Force India has shown it can keep growing it has done so much slowly over the years that if any Mid Pack team looks like it could break into the top 5 it could be Force india or perhaps not break into the top 5 but go toe to toe from time to time with them..
The season started well but onwards it became obvious that it was the slowest Mercedes powered team. FI profited much from Ferrari and Renault power unit troubles and couldn't keep up with the development race against the bigger teams.

I've heard Fernley saying that they made the wrong call mid-season regarding the aerodynamic development of the car but surely they must seek for a complete redesign for 2015. They weren't that fast out of the box (they actually had difficulties to keep ahead of the Toro Rosso's and Sauber's) and had to make ground during the races.

multisync

I was told FI don't have the same spec engines as the others. For example Merc were on cat 5 spec and FI only on cat 2.

What that means with regard to HP and drivability I have no idea but it does suggest some are more equal than others.

^just what I was told mind so no proof.^

Sidhartha.techie

A better 2015 is on the cards, with a 50% capacity Toyota Wind tunnel to be used ( they were using their own previously which was of 30 % capacity.) =D>
"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

multisync

Sidhartha.techie wrote:A better 2015 is on the cards, with a 50% capacity Toyota Wind tunnel to be used ( they were using their own previously which was of 30 % capacity.) =D>
They have been using Toyota's German WT all this year...?

NAPI10

FI should aim for solid 4th or 5th spot in 2015.
Any news on new sponsor deal?