Sahara Force India F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sidhartha.techie

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2014

multisync wrote:
Sidhartha.techie wrote:A better 2015 is on the cards, with a 50% capacity Toyota Wind tunnel to be used ( they were using their own previously which was of 30 % capacity.) =D>
They have been using Toyota's German WT all this year...?
They will be using it from next year.I thought they were using their own this year
"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

Facts Only

FIF1 have been using TMG's wind tunnel for years now alongside their own.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Sidhartha.techie

Facts Only wrote:FIF1 have been using TMG's wind tunnel for years now alongside their own.
So what about next year ? According to new stipulations a team can use only one wind tunnel.

multisync

Facts Only wrote:FIF1 have been using TMG's wind tunnel for years now alongside their own.
and areolab of course...

multisync

Sidhartha.techie wrote:
So what about next year ? According to new stipulations a team can use only one wind tunnel.
rumours refloating about a new tunnel.

Sidhartha.techie

multisync wrote:
Sidhartha.techie wrote:
rumours refloating about a new tunnel.
Really ??, now that would be a step forward

multisync

Sidhartha.techie wrote: Really ??, now that would be a step forward
Don't get too excited as these rumours have been around for at least since Vj took over as a potential move/expansion :D

There were very strong rumours the Brackley facility was to be closed soon in any case due to the CFD upgrade and the fact the tunnel was so old it couldn't be wholly relieved upon.

I am sure I remember being told several were put on notice but I do tend to forget quite a bit of stuff I'm told. #-o

however I was told 'something is in the air' ... I am putting two and two but I feel certain the Mexican interest will be more than just as sponsor.

Sidhartha.techie

Yeah, a driver, few sponsors and new car launch in Mexico, they are surely upto something, hoping for some exciting time ahead

kooleracer

Hulkenberg to race for Porsche LMP1-H in Lemans 24h and Spa 6h (2015 WEC). Great to see that Force India lets its driver race in other categories. Hopefully more teams will release their drivers for big races like Indy500, Daytona 500, Bathurst 1000 etc. Would love to see how F1 drivers would fare in other types of racing cars.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Trocola

kooleracer wrote:Hulkenberg to race for Porsche LMP1-H in Lemans 24h and Spa 6h (2015 WEC). Great to see that Force India lets its driver race in other categories. Hopefully more teams will release their drivers for big races like Indy500, Daytona 500, Bathurst 1000 etc. Would love to see how F1 drivers would fare in other types of racing cars.
It didn't go well for Kubica...

speedy56

Trocola wrote:
kooleracer wrote:Hulkenberg to race for Porsche LMP1-H in Lemans 24h and Spa 6h (2015 WEC). Great to see that Force India lets its driver race in other categories. Hopefully more teams will release their drivers for big races like Indy500, Daytona 500, Bathurst 1000 etc. Would love to see how F1 drivers would fare in other types of racing cars.
It didn't go well for Kubica...
Well, you cant really compare driving a small rally stage in a Skoda Fabia and driving a Porsche prototype

McNish had a huge crash a few years ago, Duval this year also, they just walked away
These top championships (WRC, F1, WEC) are really safe

Hail22

So Sahara Force India have begun testing an "LED wing display" under the supervision of the FIA. The hopes are to display the drivers name and tire that they're running on:

http://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/forc ... tory.shtml

I believe MSC and Nico Rosberg tested something similar in 2012...the shark fin display...albeit not LED / live:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Morteza

Hail22 wrote:So Sahara Force India have begun testing an "LED wing display" under the supervision of the FIA. The hopes are to display the drivers name and tire that they're running on:

http://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/forc ... tory.shtml

I believe MSC and Nico Rosberg tested something similar in 2012...the shark fin display...albeit not LED / live:

http://mercamgf1-fans.com/wp-content/up ... rkfin7.jpg
That is Brendon Hartley testing for Mercedes in Magny-Cours in 2012 if I remember correctly. That shark fin is not a display though. It is a place for stickers indicating driver's name and number
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sidhartha.techie

Kiril Varbanov

Yeah, it's official now. Good move, IMO. Here's what's inside the tunnel - http://f1framework.blogspot.com/2012/12 ... nnels.html