Mercedes AMG F1 W06

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FF355C

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W06 Speculation

dmjunqueira

IMHO, besides the nose, It doesn't look like an "all new" car...
The W05 picture is from Feb/2014, in Bahrain, I think.

zoro_f1

I am wondering is it allowed to have so much speed on this "test"!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1 ... nt3wJtzotU

I don't know who owns this video... :wtf:
Last edited by zoro_f1 on 29 Jan 2015, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

diego1960

Thunders wrote:Doesn't look too different from the W05. A subtle Evolution methinks. Note that this is not a negative thing seeing the Performance of the W05.
Sure but there is no way of knowing how better our rivals will be, so I would expect something more than a simple evolution, based on some comments Paddy if I recall saying that they carried over few parts to the WO6.

Still, let's wait and see, it might just be a different car in the first race.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

FrukostScones

dmjunqueira wrote:http://i.imgur.com/n5APLQU.jpg

IMHO, besides the nose, It doesn't look like an "all new" car...
The W05 picture is from Feb/2014, in Bahrain, I think.
no, it's W06 looks different in all details
, now I m sure

BTW: thx to Merc to give the Fans something and not just a pitlane lauch in Jerez!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

PlatinumZealot

Hmm.. I still wonder if it is a W05-B... it is so similar... I mean yeah it is a new chassis for sure the "W0-6" but again wow. It is a good when the DNA of a champion is carried forward like whay happened at RedBull. Lets hope for four years of Mercedes domination too! :mrgreen:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Thunder

I'm sure a lot has changed compared to the W05, but they didn't need to reinvent their Philosophy, so the similar Look doesn't surprise me. They weren't in a situation as McLaren , the 4/30 is sooo radically different from the 4/29 because it was needed.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

JDC123

Is it just me or are there vortex generators on top of a full length airflow condition?

Gridlock

Merc mechanics don't make great actors, do they? :roll:

siskue2005

astracrazy

I actually think the car is very different if u look closely. im not talking about radical changes just in the evolution sense. The sidepods, engine cover and airbox are completely different

SiLo

Lower suspension arms at the front have been raised slightly. Has anyone seen any geometry changes at the back?
Felipe Baby!

CmdrVOODOO

How are the camera pods legal?

"3.7.9 No bodywork situated forward of the line A-A referred to Drawing 5 may extend above a diagonal line from a point on A-A and 625mm above the reference plane to a point 50mm rearward of the forward-most point of the impact absorbing structure defined in Article 15.4.3 and 300mm above the reference plane. No bodywork situated forward of the forward-most point of this diagonal line may be more than 300mm above the reference plane.

With the exception of a transparent windscreen, antenna or pitot tubes, no bodywork situated between the line A-A referred to in Drawing 5 and the secondary roll structure may lie more than 625mm above the reference plane.
Any bodywork situated above the impact absorbing structure defined by Article 15.4.3 or above the survival cell, and forward of the line B-B, must be of prescribed laminate, details of this laminate may be found in the Appendix to the Technical Regulations."