McLaren MP4/19B

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

McFerrenault....only Bar missing abit inthat one but it really looks cool.
And still has twinkeel frontsuspension...so I lost a bet .....
now another 20K Km testing and they will gun for the pole....all the best luck to them ...they will need all they can get.
Can´t wait for the williams update........

starckness

MP4/19B pics where?

Just was trying to locate some fresh pics from today's test - help appreciated!

starckness

MP4/19B pics

The xpb.cc ones were the only ones I've seen - are there any others?

F1-Noob

I noticed something on this car now. The radiator doesnt fit in the slim sidepod. There is a bumb in the picture Spencifer_Murphy posted.
(it's under the flip-up).[/b]

Carbon

Interesting and attractive car. Looks like a melting pot of Renault and Ferrari design themes. Curiously, no airbox-mounted winglets, though those may appear by race time. I hope this brings the team closer to the front of the grid.

F1-Noob

Well, time to see what the differences are between the cars:
*I think the b version has a longer wheelbase (pitch sensitivity on the current car)
*Different sidepod, redesined winglet and different engine cover.
*Higher mounted engine (integration problem)
*Different suspension geometry (oversteering problem)
And finally I have heard that the new car will use the Hitsco brakes instead of Carbon industries more nervous and heat resistant brakes.
Which brakes do they use?
I think they will better go to use this car as soon as the Canadian GP.
The current car are long way off reliable so if they use the new car the can both test it and learn how to set the car up. That's my opinion. Anyone who have other ideas or have found something new on the new car that I haven't?

Well, about the engine. I don't think that the engine from Merc is bad. It's the chassis that have problems. The car flexes/give vibrations so the engine just crack because of the chassis. Look at the sauber/ferrari engine. The engine in the ferraris haven't any failure so far this year but the Saubers already have at least 1 engine failure(s).

Mikacouli

He looks funny at the following picture.

More pictures at http://www.f1total.com
all hopes on the MP4/24

West

I see they have the ugly-style Renault engine cover. But that thing before the winglet... is it an exhaust system? It looks like they integrated a jet fuel tank in the body.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Steven
Owner

here are the things that draw my attention:

- it seems to me the nose is a little more rounded at the sides, so allow better airflow aside, instead of up the steep nose
- Renault alike engine cover idd, I liked the previous one more, but well it will have its reason
- Much much smaller sidepods, especially at the bottom (notice how much the floor is wider than the sidepod itself
- A hot air exhausts that makes me think of the Jordan one, looks efficient though. It must have some special reason, since there is a hole in the sidepod too
- The engine cover itself seems not to be that large. I mean, if taken off to work on the engine, there is like 15cm of the lower sidepod that is still fixed (don't know why, just noticed it)

PS: sorry for somehow leaving you in the cold, but I'm having examinations. Those are the disadvantages of having to do this alone :?

wowf1

Is it me or are the exhaust outlets further forward? I've seen quite a few side-on views of the MP4-19A and it just seems like the B's exhausts are spaced further forward. But how can there be a major difference in positioning? There can't be a significant difference in engine orientation or exhaust length i wouldn't have thought. Not sure what others' opinions are on this?

rob

Monstrobolaxa

Yup the exhaust outlets are further forword....seems to me that they are almost positioned at the middle of the engine...which is not impossible.

In this last picture that Spencifer_Murphy posted it seems that front pickup points of the wishbones are connected to the engine (like Ferrari) and not the the gearbox like in the original version.

they are mounted the same place as on the 19, on the engine
http://www.formel1.michaelrdesign.com/Billede-244.jpg

Timstr

Nice pics....
It does look like the forward leg of the upper wishbone (rear) is linked directly to the engine a la Ferrari.

Monstrobolaxa

Well I didn't know the MP4-19 "A" had the suspension linked to the engine...but in any case looking at this picture and comparing it to the previous car...it seems that the suspension pick up point if further forward.

Hey guys,
A couple of you mentioned that weird looking 'exhaust' that extends from the sidepods and ends just before the winglet. Any idea what that is? Is is something that is being used to direct the warm air under the winglet and over the flipups? Ideas???