Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hail22

Re: Manor F1 Team 2015

I will leave this here as I believe the livery would suit Manor as well as permanently dedicating the livery / team design around Jules Bianchi:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Manoah2u

I feel like Manor would want to distance itself from negativity, and as harsh as it is, Jules' situation is negative publicity for Manor. First of all, Manor would not be Marussia, so it'd be 2 different teams, even if the team principal would be the same.

Second of all, manor motorsport runs red-orange-white liveries

that is, because it's the manor MP motorsport division, which is not neccesarily the same as the F1 division,
but it's at this point the only active 'Manor' division. It's orange because of the dutch link.
As a reminder; the Marussia GP3 team is 'gone' aswell.

this, essentially, is all that we have with now:

http://manorf1team.com/

Manor F1 Team outlines process involved in getting to the 2015 grid
6 February 2015

Following the initiation of the CVA process by Marussia F1 Team administrators FRP Advisory earlier this week, and the confidence this step brings to the process of saving Marussia, the team is now pleased to be able to confirm some of the detail of this process.

* On 17 December 2014, the team made a request to the Strategy Group to consider allowing it to use a 2014 race car, modified to meet certain 2015 regulations, for part of the 2015 season. Following analysis, the team highlighted that this would need some form of dispensation on only a small number of clauses in the Regulations.

* Subsequent to this application, the team was informed on 5 January 2015, that the Strategy Group felt that two teams - Marussia and Caterham - should be permitted to race a 2014 car in the 2015 championship. The letter stated that the Strategy Group agreed that the car should comply with all of the 2015 technical regulations, with the exception of four articles, those articles being Articles 3.7.9, 15.4.3, 15.4.4 and 16.2. The team can confirm that the modifications to its 2014 car would meet this stipulation.

* A change to the Regulations at this stage does require unanimous consent from all teams and following the initiation of the CVA process, the team is now actively engaged in achieving this. This process involves providing all relevant information to the teams to allow them to fully consider its request.

* As the press release from FRP Advisory of 4 February states, given the confidential nature of the negotiations underway, neither they nor the team are able to provide further details regarding the team’s new investors, however those investors have either met with or spoken to the key F1 bodies.

* The team has been busy preparing its 2014 cars such that they comply with the stipulations of the Strategy Group and at the same time it is pressing on with the development of its 2015 car to ensure it can supersede the 2014 car as soon as possible.

* The team has a significant number of staff already working on both its 2014 and 2015 cars. It also has the benefit of being able to recruit further staff very quickly from the rich pool of experienced and talented F1 personnel who were left unemployed following the closure of Marussia and Caterham and due to job cuts made by other teams in the sport.

Commenting on the team’s progress, and also comments emerging from yesterday’s F1 Strategy Group meeting in Paris, Graeme Lowdon, a representative of the team, said:

“It has been a very good step to finally get the CVA process underway this week. This is the first external sign that we have been able to make of all the hard work that has taken place privately over the past four months to get us to our current position.”

“I was surprised to hear some of the comments made today, particularly regarding an application we were said to have made to yesterday’s meeting, which I can confirm was not the case. We did make a request on 17 December last year and we have been working since to satisfy the requirements subsequently communicated to us, specifically complying with all the Regulations, aside from the exempted articles.”

“The comments also mentioned that issues of compliance were raised, that it was felt that our application lacked substance and contained no supporting documentation to reinforce the case for offering special dispensation. Again, we did not make any application to yesterday’s Strategy Group meeting and nor were we asked to.”

“Instead, we are proceeding with our clear process regarding compliance and building our operation. We are doing everything possible to adhere to the process set out for us to return to the 2015 grid. This is a fantastic good news story for the whole sport and we just want to go racing.”
TurboF1 mentioned this a couple posts before on the previous page.

Meanwhile, i feel like it's just a big whistle of air, instead of genuine facts. Where is the proof?
The only proof recently was in the form of auctioning off key important things of the 'remains' of Marussia [and Caterham for that matter]. What's left of Marussia/Manor? And how are they producing anything?

If Force India is having difficulties with it's suppliers [which sounds plausible], because Marussia owed them a big chunk of cash, then how is Force India having problems getting a car to the grid, but the cause of these problems, the same company that owes big chunks of cash to suppliers, able to magically fix their 'bankrupcy' in time to magically produce a car to the 2015 grid, magically not having any issues with suppliers they still owe money to?

It doesn't sound plausible at all.
Marussia is dead, Manor is just the section that hasn't been chopped off YET. But there is no reason to see they can ever make their words hard and present an outdated 2014 car with 2015 updates. Less that, there's no reason to put it on the grid as it would be flawed to the bone and there will be no possible way to survive 2015 bar a couple of races.

Collecting prize money? Yeah sounds good, unfortunately there's too much costs involved to plant a car on the grid in this short timespan, and achieve anything. They weren't getting any media attention either way [ iirc that had to do with FOM rights ], so sponsors isn't something they'll be expecting a phonecall off. That means all costs must come from 'themselves'. And 'they', have no money. They only 'owe' money. So no possible way to see Manor on the grid in 2015.

Which leaves me with this question; if they won't be on the 2015 grid, will there still be a 2015 grid slot available? or does it 'vanish' with the team?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

f1316

I just don't understand what the purpose is of cobbling together a car that has no chance of being anything but last, just in order to 'make the grid'.

We keep hearing how difficult it is for the smaller teams to stay in business - and that's even the ones capable of often racing the big boys (like force India) - so it's obviously not a great business model.

Maybe I'm missing something of the 'racers' spirit' but I don't get it. Give me a third merc/Ferrari/rb/mclaren any day.

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:I feel like Manor would want to distance itself from negativity, and as harsh as it is, Jules' situation is negative publicity for Manor. First of all, Manor would not be Marussia, so it'd be 2 different teams, even if the team principal would be the same.

Second of all, manor motorsport runs red-orange-white liveries

http://cdn.images.autosport.com/editori ... 446045.jpg
http://manormpmotorsport.net/img/background-media.jpg

that is, because it's the manor MP motorsport division, which is not neccesarily the same as the F1 division,
but it's at this point the only active 'Manor' division. It's orange because of the dutch link.
As a reminder; the Marussia GP3 team is 'gone' aswell.

this, essentially, is all that we have with now:

http://manorf1team.com/

Manor F1 Team outlines process involved in getting to the 2015 grid
6 February 2015

Following the initiation of the CVA process by Marussia F1 Team administrators FRP Advisory earlier this week, and the confidence this step brings to the process of saving Marussia, the team is now pleased to be able to confirm some of the detail of this process.

* On 17 December 2014, the team made a request to the Strategy Group to consider allowing it to use a 2014 race car, modified to meet certain 2015 regulations, for part of the 2015 season. Following analysis, the team highlighted that this would need some form of dispensation on only a small number of clauses in the Regulations.

* Subsequent to this application, the team was informed on 5 January 2015, that the Strategy Group felt that two teams - Marussia and Caterham - should be permitted to race a 2014 car in the 2015 championship. The letter stated that the Strategy Group agreed that the car should comply with all of the 2015 technical regulations, with the exception of four articles, those articles being Articles 3.7.9, 15.4.3, 15.4.4 and 16.2. The team can confirm that the modifications to its 2014 car would meet this stipulation.

* A change to the Regulations at this stage does require unanimous consent from all teams and following the initiation of the CVA process, the team is now actively engaged in achieving this. This process involves providing all relevant information to the teams to allow them to fully consider its request.

* As the press release from FRP Advisory of 4 February states, given the confidential nature of the negotiations underway, neither they nor the team are able to provide further details regarding the team’s new investors, however those investors have either met with or spoken to the key F1 bodies.

* The team has been busy preparing its 2014 cars such that they comply with the stipulations of the Strategy Group and at the same time it is pressing on with the development of its 2015 car to ensure it can supersede the 2014 car as soon as possible.

* The team has a significant number of staff already working on both its 2014 and 2015 cars. It also has the benefit of being able to recruit further staff very quickly from the rich pool of experienced and talented F1 personnel who were left unemployed following the closure of Marussia and Caterham and due to job cuts made by other teams in the sport.

Commenting on the team’s progress, and also comments emerging from yesterday’s F1 Strategy Group meeting in Paris, Graeme Lowdon, a representative of the team, said:

“It has been a very good step to finally get the CVA process underway this week. This is the first external sign that we have been able to make of all the hard work that has taken place privately over the past four months to get us to our current position.”

“I was surprised to hear some of the comments made today, particularly regarding an application we were said to have made to yesterday’s meeting, which I can confirm was not the case. We did make a request on 17 December last year and we have been working since to satisfy the requirements subsequently communicated to us, specifically complying with all the Regulations, aside from the exempted articles.”

“The comments also mentioned that issues of compliance were raised, that it was felt that our application lacked substance and contained no supporting documentation to reinforce the case for offering special dispensation. Again, we did not make any application to yesterday’s Strategy Group meeting and nor were we asked to.”

“Instead, we are proceeding with our clear process regarding compliance and building our operation. We are doing everything possible to adhere to the process set out for us to return to the 2015 grid. This is a fantastic good news story for the whole sport and we just want to go racing.”
TurboF1 mentioned this a couple posts before on the previous page.

Meanwhile, i feel like it's just a big whistle of air, instead of genuine facts. Where is the proof?
The only proof recently was in the form of auctioning off key important things of the 'remains' of Marussia [and Caterham for that matter]. What's left of Marussia/Manor? And how are they producing anything?

If Force India is having difficulties with it's suppliers [which sounds plausible], because Marussia owed them a big chunk of cash, then how is Force India having problems getting a car to the grid, but the cause of these problems, the same company that owes big chunks of cash to suppliers, able to magically fix their 'bankrupcy' in time to magically produce a car to the 2015 grid, magically not having any issues with suppliers they still owe money to?

It doesn't sound plausible at all.
Marussia is dead, Manor is just the section that hasn't been chopped off YET. But there is no reason to see they can ever make their words hard and present an outdated 2014 car with 2015 updates. Less that, there's no reason to put it on the grid as it would be flawed to the bone and there will be no possible way to survive 2015 bar a couple of races.

Collecting prize money? Yeah sounds good, unfortunately there's too much costs involved to plant a car on the grid in this short timespan, and achieve anything. They weren't getting any media attention either way [ iirc that had to do with FOM rights ], so sponsors isn't something they'll be expecting a phonecall off. That means all costs must come from 'themselves'. And 'they', have no money. They only 'owe' money. So no possible way to see Manor on the grid in 2015.

Which leaves me with this question; if they won't be on the 2015 grid, will there still be a 2015 grid slot available? or does it 'vanish' with the team?
My understanding is that Manor and Marussia were separate corporate entities, which means that Manor technically doesn't have liability for all of the F1 team's debt...I could be way off base there though...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Manoah2u

While i could see that - many businesses run seperate holdings to guarantee survival of the 'core' brand if for some reason things go haywire and they end up in peril. Lose one 'department' that gets all the debt/problems, ditch it, continue with the other holding which will 'take over' the business of the other holding without losing customers, clientele, etc.

I do seem to recall as of the 2010 start, wasn't Virgin and then Marussia as officially listed as 'Manor GP'??? I somehow recall this, but offcourse, i too could be way off here.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:While i could see that - many businesses run seperate holdings to guarantee survival of the 'core' brand if for some reason things go haywire and they end up in peril. Lose one 'department' that gets all the debt/problems, ditch it, continue with the other holding which will 'take over' the business of the other holding without losing customers, clientele, etc.

I do seem to recall as of the 2010 start, wasn't Virgin and then Marussia as officially listed as 'Manor GP'??? I somehow recall this, but offcourse, i too could be way off here.
I can't remember either, but even then all it takes is for that to have been Manor GP Ltd and this to be Manor GP Racing...the business world in the UK is THAT ridiculous!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

FW17

When Manor says they are modifying the chassis do they mean to do something like this

FW17

Aston Martin rumor

Spanish journalist Albert Fabrega, TV3 television commentator suggested on Twitter that hides behind the project Manora Aston Martin. British manufacturer of luxury sports cars to be mysterious investor who decided to save Marussia team. Another rumor that this time we are dealing with something more serious?

The next few days should bring a little more information on the topic.

PS- thx to the MNR1 thread

Jonnycraig

According to AMuS, they must be in Melbourne to get the 2014 prize money. Equally, they must be in Bahrain to get the 2015 prize money.

turbof1

I was wondering if they show up with their 2014 car, knowing they'll get DSQ'd or even forbidden from participating in FP, if that counts as participating and thus collecting the price money.

They might also got some leeway on that deadline. It all depends on Ecclestone.

There isn't much time in any case. Melbourne is less then a month away. They need to have the crash test in the beginning of next month and pass it from the first time. Then it'll be a case of quickly packing up. All assuming all the parts and contracts are in place. As skeptical as it might sound, I do hope that'll be the case.

I however don't expect them getting within 107% of the fastest time. It looks clear now that the car they'll hopefully bring to Melbourne will be hugely conservative in order to be sure to pass the crashtest, with the real car following later on in the season.
#AeroFrodo

Manoah2u

WilliamsF1 wrote:Aston Martin rumor

Spanish journalist Albert Fabrega, TV3 television commentator suggested on Twitter that hides behind the project Manora Aston Martin. British manufacturer of luxury sports cars to be mysterious investor who decided to save Marussia team. Another rumor that this time we are dealing with something more serious?

The next few days should bring a little more information on the topic.

PS- thx to the MNR1 thread
No way. Manor is listed having Ferrari engines, Aston Martin will never, never ever run Ferrari engines.
Ferrari wouldn't want that nor would Aston Martin want that. Even more; Mercedes would be the last to want that.
AMG Mercedes provides engines to Aston Martin since a recent contract agreement.

That means if Aston Martin comes in F1 it must be with Mercedes. They run the cheapest engines, but i believe they have no engines vacant for another team - though i might be mistaken there.

Furthermore, Aston Martin has no use in F1. What would F1 do for them but cost whopping lots of money?
The only link with aston martin in f1 was prodrive when they tried to aquire a grid spot. still don't know why they didn't get a grid spot but USF1 and HRT did, but that's another story.

in any case thouh, Aston Martin in F1 is a fantasy from the furtherst planet behind the moon.

Moose

f1316 wrote:I just don't understand what the purpose is of cobbling together a car that has no chance of being anything but last, just in order to 'make the grid'.
Simple - if they make the grid, they get €90m.

Jonnycraig

Word is that Stephen Fitzpatrick, founder of OVO Energy, is behind the rescue attempt.

*edit* Ferari have agreed to provide 2014 engines for the season.

kptaylor

Jonnycraig wrote:Word is that Stephen Fitzpatrick, founder of OVO Energy, is behind the rescue attempt.

*edit* Ferari have agreed to provide 2014 engines for the season.
Without rereading and reinterpreting the engine rules for 2015, are Ferrari allowed to deliver two (or more) versions of their complete PU to the works and customer teams? I know you could do this in the past, but does doing this in 2015 require an exception from the FIA?

turbof1

Apperently not. Ironically, the same loophole that allows inseason development, also allows different specifications to be used at the same time.

Also, autosport claims Manor has until Bahrain to show up and claim the price money. A difference of 5 weeks.
#AeroFrodo