2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Moose

2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

Race Date: 29 Mar 2015
Circuit Name: Sepang International Circuit
First Grand Prix: 1999
Number of Laps: 56
Circuit Length: 5.543km
Lap Record: 1:34.223 - J P Montoya (2004)

GPR-A duplicate2

Re: 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

2014 Malaysian GP Qualifying Lap

It feels like the slowest qualifying lap you would every see on board!!! Missing racing line on every single corner.

SectorOne

The Ferrari/Sauber battle will be very interesting but i think Ferrari will be securing a clear 3-4 in Q,R.
Oh and a dogfight at the front please.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Harsha

SectorOne wrote:The Ferrari/Sauber battle will be very interesting but i think Ferrari will be securing a clear 3-4 in Q,R.
Oh and a dogfight at the front please.
:wtf: :wtf:
I thought its Ferrari/Williams

SectorOne

Its 7 am here give me a break :) yes williams and ferrari.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Just_a_fan

GPR-A wrote: It feels like the slowest qualifying lap you would every see on board!!! Missing racing line on every single corner.
That's wet qualifying for you - the fastest line is different to the dry line in many corners.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

raymondu999

I wonder what the strategy will be this time. The tyres seem very durable, but I can't see a one-stop happening here. Perhaps med-med-hard? But last year was med-med-hard, just that the hard was too slow and they went med-med-med-hard. Maybe someone will chance med-hard?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Moose

GPR-A wrote:It feels like the slowest qualifying lap you would every see on board!!! Missing racing line on every single corner.
In the wet, that's often the fastest way to do a lap - avoid the thick rubber patches that end up being more slippery than grippy. If you go and watch videos of Senna in the wet, you'll see that he drove around the outside of corners a lot too, and in doing so found a lot of grip that other people couldn't.

Juzh

It'll be interesting to see whether rosberg can keep up with hamilton this year.

mikeerfol

Looking forward to see if McLaren manage to go through to Q2 :P Seriously now, I hope the rain comes and gives us an exciting race, even if it's for 3rd :lol:

radosav

Hope Manor will be racing , Mclaren has to fight someone! :D

Hail22

radosav wrote:Hope Manor will be racing , Mclaren has to fight someone! :D
What makes you think any of them will make it to the grid though? ;) Look at Melbourne, we may have a pile of dead elephants before the race even begins xD :lol:
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

radosav

Hail22 wrote:
What makes you think any of them will make it to the grid though? ;) Look at Melbourne, we may have a pile of dead elephants before the race even begins xD :lol:
:shock:

Hail22

radosav wrote:
Hail22 wrote:
:shock:
This will help with the point I'm trying to make:
White elephant

noun: white elephant; plural noun: white elephants

A possession that is useless or troublesome, especially one that is expensive to maintain or difficult to dispose of.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

GoranF1

Maybe this will be the talking point in Malaysia,the FIA has some new rules in area of fuel flow measurement aimed rumors suggesting Mercedes and Ferrari engines find a way to exceed the limited 100kg/h rule.

http://tecnicaformula1.com/un-reflujo-d ... z3V3G3QO8B
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."