2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
pimpwerx

Re: 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

Reading comments about Jos brings back memories. He and the Arrows team were always fan favorites. Who didn't love seeing them qualify high...then fade away. LOL. PEACE.

dren

If it is full wet, Honda will have a lot better chance of sticking with the pack. They won't have to fuel save.
Honda!

itix

djos wrote:It might be easier to name those drivers that are rubbish in the wet.
One things for sure, i wouldn't want a PU with poor driveabililty in the wet!
Grosjean is pretty --- in the wet (unfortunately :( )

EDIT: oh the forum censor words? Ok, he is pretty brown stuff in the wet then...
Massive rally fan... have fallen out of love with F1 yet again and have thus migrated

PlatinumZealot

key words in the video from the boss himself.... Confidence is key! In othere words it is gonna be an ugly mess for the Bulls and their woeful power unit if they don't improve the driveablity!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Mandrake

If it rains, will Maldonado get any further than he did in Australia? How does Maldonado's desire to disassemble his car with the help of other cars or trackside objects go with wet circuits?

Racer X

Vasconia wrote:
Racer X wrote:Perez is also good in the rain and at this track he was catching up to Alonso in a Sauber.... But Lewis is good in rain Ross Alonso Hulk...... Bottas ect.

So let's wait and see because it might come down to reliability odd conditions in Malaysia rain but also Hot.
Ok, lets name who are the best ones. In this case I would mention Alonso, then Hamilton and a little bit behind Nico H. and Vettel among others.

I think Alonso has shown great skills under the rain during many years and different cars. Its true that we dont see true wet races since perhaps Fuji 2007(not a good day for Alonso) but his performance has usually been very good.

Massa has usually been quite mediocre with the great exception of Brazil 2008.
Yeah there are many great rain Driver's to the point where I Dont see any one guy with an advantage that was more my point.

I think like its been mentioned already its easier to name the drivers that are not good.

But I just hope that the PU Dont define the race and that the Marshall's let the drivers drive.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

WaikeCU

I think it will come to a certain point when it's going to be torrential rain. Then everybody needs a bit of lady luck to stay on the black stuff. When the torrential rain comes, I think it will come with buckets within a few seconds.

mikeerfol

I think it was 2009 when someone (BBC?) said "it never rains, it pours in Malaysia"

WaikeCU

In case you spin off the track and get stuck in the gravel trap, but you didn't stall the engine, can you get back on track with the help of the marshals or is that not legal anymore?

ParkerArt

WaikeCU wrote:In case you spin off the track and get stuck in the gravel trap, but you didn't stall the engine, can you get back on track with the help of the marshals or is that not legal anymore?
You would be so far down on the pack that you would just retire the car to save the engine.

Oh how I love that phrase in modern F1...

WaikeCU

ParkerArt wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:In case you spin off the track and get stuck in the gravel trap, but you didn't stall the engine, can you get back on track with the help of the marshals or is that not legal anymore?
You would be so far down on the pack that you would just retire the car to save the engine.

Oh how I love that phrase in modern F1...
Not if you are Mercedes?

Jordan44

If it is a wet race from start to finish then I can't see past Hamilton winning. Rosberg was very poor at Japan last year and doesn't seem too confident on the wet weather tyres.

Moose

If it's a wet race from start to finish I don't think they'll be allowed to actually race :(

mikeerfol

I saw on Motorsport.com that at the moment the chances of raining on race day are 90%!

But it still doesn't beat the 100% from Japan :P