2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

WaikeCU wrote:
Not if you are Mercedes?
Nailed it hahaha
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

ParkerArt

Shrieker wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:
Not if you are Mercedes?
Nailed it hahaha
Well, they would be a lap down after getting out and needing a pit stop for tires (probably). It's not just a spin like Hamilton had in Hungary. The marshals would need to get there and free the car or getting a safety car out there and in order to get the tractor out to pluck the car out of the gravel.

Tim.Wright

WaikeCU wrote:In case you spin off the track and get stuck in the gravel trap, but you didn't stall the engine, can you get back on track with the help of the marshals or is that not legal anymore?
I don't think the FIA would send another recovery tractor onto a wet track ever again...
Not the engineer at Force India

Gaz.

WaikeCU wrote:In case you spin off the track and get stuck in the gravel trap, but you didn't stall the engine, can you get back on track with the help of the marshals or is that not legal anymore?
It hasn't been legal since the race after Hamilton was lifted out of the gravel at the Nurburgring.
Forza Jules

AnthonyG

Gaz. wrote:
It hasn't been legal since the race after Hamilton was lifted out of the gravel at the Nurburgring.
Back when Winkelhock was in the lead with the Spyker.
(Absolutly loved that moment, hated that the race got red flagged because top teams didn't want to mount full wets.)
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

SiLo

I think they should have to have a required amount of rain before they stop the race, like so many mm per minute or per hour or something. That way they always stop the race at the same point, making it a little fairer.

And that point should be closer to what the tyres can clear, using info provided by Pirelli.
Felipe Baby!

djos

A massive part of the problem is Bernie's insistence on having the race a 4pm local time which is exactly when the heavy rain comes down on most days at this time of year - it's frankly idiotic!
"In downforce we trust"

Moose

djos wrote:A massive part of the problem is Bernie's insistence on having the race a 4pm local time which is exactly when the heavy rain comes down on most days at this time of year - it's frankly idiotic!
Yep, and very frustrating for those of us not living in Europe.

djos

Moose wrote:
djos wrote:A massive part of the problem is Bernie's insistence on having the race a 4pm local time which is exactly when the heavy rain comes down on most days at this time of year - it's frankly idiotic!
Yep, and very frustrating for those of us not living in Europe.
As an Aussie i agree completely!
"In downforce we trust"

Shrieker

Well if you recall from whom the sprinkler idea came from, it's not weird, not at all... In fact, it's a win win in his mind; one because of more viewer friendly hours and the other because of significantly increased chance of rain.

Two birds with one stone. Not a coincidence...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

SiLo

Only problem being when it rains there it comes down so hard the race has to be stopped. So technically a lose lose.
Felipe Baby!

itix

Moose wrote:If it's a wet race from start to finish I don't think they'll be allowed to actually race :(
SiLo wrote:Only problem being when it rains there it comes down so hard the race has to be stopped. So technically a lose lose.
This is my fear as well... this is a shame when it comes to F1. If it rains the race is stopped. (As opposed to Rallying that runs in all weather ;) )
Massive rally fan... have fallen out of love with F1 yet again and have thus migrated

pimpwerx

I don't think it was ever legal, but I remember. Schuey got pushed out of a gravel trap by marshalls once, and he finished the race. PEACE.

MOWOG

One day before the beginning of this Grand Prix weekend, here's how I feel about the whole thing: :-s YAWN :wtf:

I actually am thinking more about how F1T needs a good "yawn" smilie that I am about the race. Know I won't watch it live. Doubt I will watch it at all. And if I do, it will only be to buzz through it in about 15 minutes on the DVR. Wonder if the Black Eyed Peas will be on hand to wow the crowd? :?:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

ChrisDanger

MOWOG wrote:One day before the beginning of this Grand Prix weekend, here's how I feel about the whole thing: :-s YAWN :wtf:

I actually am thinking more about how F1T needs a good "yawn" smilie that I am about the race. Know I won't watch it live. Doubt I will watch it at all. And if I do, it will only be to buzz through it in about 15 minutes on the DVR. Wonder if the Black Eyed Peas will be on hand to wow the crowd? :?:
Thanks for the information. It really increases my excitement about the upcoming race. =D>