Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

Juzh wrote:Just goes to show how much of a coward mercedes really is.
Let's not turn this into another RBR bickering-fest. This is about Manor.
JohnyCraig wrote:That's a bit of a reach. Giving Manor a 2016 engine, minus the qualifying mode software and fuels, in exchange for taking Werhlein, is tad different to giving RB full parity....
They are getting the fuel from petronas. I'm not sure what they'll get concerning software, but the hardware up to and including all "fluid tech solutions" (so lubricants and fuel) will be identical to what the works team get.

I also want to clarify I did not intend on referring to RB. All I wanted to say is that they could have tried to push for a rules change in order to stick 2015-spec PUs to their customers. They did not however.
#AeroFrodo

Jonnycraig

JohnyCraig wrote:That's a bit of a reach. Giving Manor a 2016 engine, minus the qualifying mode software and fuels, in exchange for taking Werhlein, is tad different to giving RB full parity....
They are getting the fuel from petronas. I'm not sure what they'll get concerning software, but the hardware up to and including all "fluid tech solutions" (so lubricants and fuel) will be identical to what the works team get.

I also want to clarify I did not intend on referring to RB. All I wanted to say is that they could have tried to push for a rules change in order to stick 2015-spec PUs to their customers. They did not however.[/quote]

In fairness, with Manor's resources, Merc could give them their planned 2017 engine and still be under no threat whatsoever.

With that in mind, it makes no sense to try and get a 2015 engine at Manor when they can have another 2016 data mule, that can also potentially hold up Vettel driving through the field next season..

With regards what they get, as Williams and McLaren, the 'spec' product they're get wont be quite as 'spec' as the works team.

turbof1

With that in mind, it makes no sense to try and get a 2015 engine at Manor when they can have another 2016 data mule, that can also potentially hold up Vettel driving through the field next season..
There's always a cost factor :P. I didn't intend on making this a point, and I also never tried to imply they'll suddenly treaten the works team. I'm just glad that this will give the team a massive boost forward. I can't remember a team coming back from a similar situation they have been in.
#AeroFrodo

Jonnycraig

turbof1 wrote:
There's always a cost factor :P. I didn't intend on making this a point, and I also never tried to imply they'll suddenly treaten the works team. I'm just glad that this will give the team a massive boost forward. I can't remember a team coming back from a similar situation they have been in.
Fully agree that there is a cost factor, but taking Wehrlein offsets a hefty chunk of that, and Haryanto's state funding will offset the rest.

cbbcisace

Absolutley great news this! Expect Pascal Wehrlein to be annouced as one of the Manor drivers soon.

KeiKo403

So 2016 could see jump into the regular points scoring positions. That'll be lovely to see. And it should mean that every team can score points by the end of the season.

With the whole of 2015's pay drivers budgets to plan for next years car and a Merc '16 PU and Pascal in the team (it'll happen)....well, a team to watch. Manor vs Sauber vs Lotus vs Mclaren for getting out of Q1. Should be interesting.

turbof1

Jonnycraig wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
Fully agree that there is a cost factor, but taking Wehrlein offsets a hefty chunk of that, and Haryanto's state funding will offset the rest.
Yeah, +1 on that. It's not sure if Wehrlein is going to make the jump to F1 next year. Toto Wolf indicated they first want to talk with Pascal what he wants: chase success in DTM or take his chances in F1. I'm pretty sure however Mercedes will put an associated talent in that Manor.
#AeroFrodo

KeiKo403

turbof1 wrote: I'm pretty sure however Mercedes will put an associated talent in that Manor.
hahaha Rosberg to Manor. Wehrlein in at Merc AMG

dodds_turbo

Would love to see Wehrlein get a seat/drive for Manor, or as suggested above Rosberg. That's certainly one way to guarantee being No. 1 driver. ;-)

Andres125sx

Great news for Manor! :D

Going from Ferrari 2014 PU to Mercedes 2016 PU will probably be one of the biggest steps forward any team has ever seen in F1. So next season´s Q1 will be a lot more interesting, McHonda really need a huge step forward or next season could be really embarrasing. But I´d say they´ll do it, it´s easy when a works team is underperforming that bad :P

Coward???

I´d say smart, investing millions to develop best PU and then give it to some of your direct rivals would be plain stupid IMHO

dans79

It's called payback, a dish best served cold!
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/10/m ... th-for-f1/
197 104 103 7

FoxHound

Mercedes know Manor won't criticise the engine for a start. They also know they'll be seen as helping a smaller team become more competitive.
Then there's the angle that Pascal Wehrlein may get a seat, blooding a talent that Merc have nurtured.

On all fronts this deal makes sense. Accusations of cowardice are ironic, crass, and plain and simply just wrong. Mateschitz has not asked for Merc PU's.
He's the boss and pays the bills. Lauda has testified this.
Would Red Bull want Mercedes to approach them?? Ridiculous.

Overall great news for manor though! Will be interesting to see how they get on in 2016.
JET set

zeph

This is worrisome news for McLaren-Honda...

FoxHound

zeph wrote:This is worrisome news for McLaren-Honda...
They'll be better next year, but depends on Honda sorting the storage and discharge issues they're experience on the Hybrid side.
The ICE is reasonable compared to Renault, probably a bit a better currently.
JET set

FW17

How tall is Rossi? Is he like Justin Wilson tall?