Need Aerodynamic Reference Papers??

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Vyssion
Moderator / Writer

Need Aerodynamic Reference Papers??

Hi all,

New to F1Technical forums; always been a reader, but never a poster.
Anyways, I posted this link in a different thread for books, links, ect, but for fear of it getting lost in the ether, I've decided to post it here. The link is to my Scribd page which has over 150 papers on anything and everything to do with aerodynamics which should all be free to view and download. There is aerothermal, aeronautical, aerospace, motorsport aero, and various other things. I still have another 200 or so papers to add to it when I get time, so will update this thread when I do so.

At uni, getting papers from the library ect was notoriously difficult and frustrating so hopefully this will help you all out.

If you have any requests for papers which I don't have uploaded yet, feel free to PM me and I can check my hard drive for them and give you a link or try and find them myself!!

Vyssion Scribd
"And here you will stay, Gandalf the Grey, and rest from journeys. For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman the Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!"

#aerosaruman

"No Bubble, no BoP, no Avenging Crusader.... HERE COMES THE INCARNATION"!!"

livinglikethathuh

Re: Need Aerodynamic Reference Papers??

Oh MAN! I'm crying right now!
You may just have raised my GPA by 0.5...

graham.reeds

Nice.

Got anything on karting? :D

mep

Thanks, nice collection.
I will have to make a 1 month subscription to download these papers.
What I noticed is that most of the motorsport papers are based on open wheel race cars. I would be interested in closed wheel cars similar to the old group C series. Especially in different design solutions of the front diffuser like exiting the flow to the sides vs. the back as the Nissan LMP does.

Vyssion
Moderator / Writer

graham.reeds wrote:Nice.

Got anything on karting? :D
Yep I do, two books I will try to upload soon;

"Bob Bondurant on Race Kart Driving"
"Karting - Everything you need to know"
"And here you will stay, Gandalf the Grey, and rest from journeys. For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman the Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!"

#aerosaruman

xyz
xyz

Thank you, you have given me sight.
Btec at CEME ?

Vyssion
Moderator / Writer

xyz wrote:Thank you, you have given me sight.
Btec at CEME ?
Welcome mate.

Nah, at Edith Cowan University in Perth Australia (aussie BTechs are equivalent to a 3yr BEng/BSc in the UK) .
MSc was at Uni of Southampton in the UK.

#aerosaruman

xyz
xyz

Welcome mate.

Nah, at Edith Cowan University in Perth Australia (aussie BTechs are equivalent to a 3yr BEng/BSc in the UK) .
MSc was at Uni of Southampton in the UK.[/quote]

Thank you.

Completing my BEng Mechanical at Portsmouth this year then an MSc in Motorsport at
Cranfield in October. Saw "Emma" at FS Silverstone 2014.
Custom built 600cc, amazing work... Shared the same pit garage.

Vyssion
Moderator / Writer

xyz wrote: Completing my BEng Mechanical at Portsmouth this year then an MSc in Motorsport at
Cranfield in October. Saw "Emma" at FS Silverstone 2014.
Custom built 600cc, amazing work... Shared the same pit garage.
Oh awesome!! Small world hey?? Yeah I was one of the main aerodynamicists for that build... Custom engine was pretty insane... Good luck with your degrees -- I'm sure the papers I put up will be of a great help as they were to me!! :D

#aerosaruman

xyz
xyz

Oh awesome!! Small world hey?? Yeah I was one of the main aerodynamicists for that build... Custom engine was pretty insane... Good luck with your degrees -- I'm sure the papers I put up will be of a great help as they were to me!! :D[/quote]

Yeh! I think you know my thoughts on aero too lol... It's helped a lot of people thank you, My Final year project is focused on ground effect, this link is useful.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-do-m ... illem-toet

Vyssion
Moderator / Writer

xyz wrote: Yeh! I think you know my thoughts on aero too lol... It's helped a lot of people thank you, My Final year project is focused on ground effect, this link is useful.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-do-m ... illem-toet
Mmm yeah that does cover a bunch of the key points pretty well... Sounds interesting --- I'm sure there are papers on ground effect within my Scribd account, and I think I may even have my old race car aerodynamics lecture slides which have a bunch of the same graphs and figures as Toet's page. If you're going to do ground effect, make sure you do the front wing too - front wings since about 2009 with Brawn GP have acted more like mini diffusers than actual wings due to it. Would be an interesting chapter of a thesis to put together the history and move from treating them as wings to diffusers. Good luck mate!

#aerosaruman