Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SteveRacer

Re: Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

The GP2 website lists Rossi at 186cm or 6 foot 1 inch. I had asked if this has caused any issues for his racing career on his facebook page a few weeks ago. I think it got deleted.

Jonnycraig

FW17

High time they got kicked out.......

Jonnycraig

According to Kravitz, they've never gotten on with Fitzpatrick and so are now leaving him to it.

Also said that its been rumoured for 4/5 months that they were off.

bill shoe

Any clue what the problem was? Saying they have never gotten on with Fitzpatrick is somewhat trivial, or at least pretty thin on info.

Haas has said he budgeted $100 to $110 million for his first season in 2016. Is Fitzpatrick starting to blink at the size of the expense to compete?

Who are candidates to finish 11th next season? I see Manor, Sauber, Haas, and FI (if money situation gets worse). Fitzpatrick and Manor need to think in terms of how do they beat at least one team in that group.

Williams, why high time they got kicked out?

Jonnycraig

Well, Manor appointed Rothschild to handle a string of unsolicited offers for the team back in September...

A couple of the other motorsports sources claim staff could leave at the same time, so obviously things aren't entirely rosy.

Raleigh

WilliamsF1 wrote:High time they got kicked out.......
The hell? Lowden and Booth are the whole reason the team is still alive, and they've done a fantastic job with the money available. Only one of the "new" teams to have scored points, and only one still in the sport.

Now I am very worried the team will collapse, which would be a tragedy after their fight back onto the grid.

dren

What's the reasoning for that? It seems like they were the reason the team was still around.
Honda!

johnny99

There's a lot of feel good factor for the team because of Booth & Lowden, 2 men of passion and integrity, I feel this is a sad day for F1.

John

Manoah2u

To be honest, i'm sad for the staff, but now these guys are out, imho, Manor can just bite it to be honest.
And really, what's Manor now anyway? Do they have a - operational - new home base after selling the original one? (to Haas if i'm right?). Have they ever started work on 16?

BTW, could booth and lowdon pop up @ Aston Martin F1 Team?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

RicME85

Yes they do, have a new place in Banbury.
Sky mentioned that there could be a tie in with someone like Carlin to operate the team.

Manoah2u

Any news on where Booth and Lowdon are going to go?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

FW17

Raleigh wrote:
The hell? Lowden and Booth are the whole reason the team is still alive, and they've done a fantastic job with the money available. Only one of the "new" teams to have scored points, and only one still in the sport.

Now I am very worried the team will collapse, which would be a tragedy after their fight back onto the grid.
dren wrote:
What's the reasoning for that? It seems like they were the reason the team was still around.

I see them as the reason Virgin/Marrusia failed in the first place.

They spent a lot of someone else's money and brought in nothing themselves and then painted the Russian investor as the reason for team going down.

I don't see why there mis-management of the team is never mentioned while there racing spirit is praised to no end.

mikeerfol

Manoah2u

thats the nail in the coffin. bye bye manor, no 2016 participation.