Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

:cry:
#AeroFrodo

livinglikethathuh

Why are heavy hitters at Manor abandoning ship, right when the deal with Merc and rear-end deal with Williams is secured? I mean, 2016 is a great chance for them to (finally) build a competitive car. I can understand that they had a very hard time this year, yes, but I fail to understand the timing.

bhall II

Is anyone really surprised? Given a token budget to just go through the motions - £30 million - Manor's participation this year has been mostly about collecting the income Marussia earned last year - $60 million.

Unc1eM0nty

livinglikethathuh wrote:Why are heavy hitters at Manor abandoning ship, right when the deal with Merc and rear-end deal with Williams is secured? I mean, 2016 is a great chance for them to (finally) build a competitive car. I can understand that they had a very hard time this year, yes, but I fail to understand the timing.
They have said its "disagreements over the future direction of the team", they're all real racers and fighters, they've been fighting tooth an nail just to keep the team alive so this can't have been an easy decision for any of them.

Future direction is a bit vague though, have they gone before being pushed ? or does the new owner want to make cuts and this is a protest ?

There's very little info out there at the moment, we may have to wait until the last race before anyone will comment.

Manoah2u

bhall II wrote:Is anyone really surprised? Given a token budget to just go through the motions - £30 million - Manor's participation this year has been mostly about collecting the income Marussia earned last year - $60 million.
this

if you'd ask me what my wild free guess would be, it is that they're abandoning ship because they realise they've been had.
the 'new' owner - the investor they had that made them survive debt-free to participate in the '15 season - might have double-crossed them giving them the idea 'he' bought it with the intention of having the team survive and continue, grow.
Instead, it could be it was just playing them untill the end of the season to be sure the owner bags the prize money and then it's goodbye guys, thanks for participating.

I'd say they're not having any of it so they say scr*w you and show that they're not part of the game the owner is playing.

the mid-season renault switch indication and fixing a merc and williams deal behind booth and lowdon's back might be an indication the 'owner' is playing a game in which he doesn't include them. Smoke and mirrors? That would mean the owner actually played Merc aswell......then again, perhaps merc actually sensed such a thing and chose to play along so they could find a way out of supplying RedBull, who knows.

end story is that - surprise surprsie - Bernie actually was fully right in his stance against Manor/Marussia. Not because he's an ass, well, perhaps he is, but, because bernie actually knows what he's doing.

i wonder what's gonna happen now.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dren

The two individuals were included in the talks with Mercedes. Lowe said so.

Perhaps the owner was wanting to sell the team once all these things were in place to make it look like a good buy.

The car next year is expected to gain close to 3 seconds on the current car.

There are also apparently more individuals who will be leaving the team.
Honda!

ojlopez

A video from the pits

Pierce89

livinglikethathuh wrote:Why are heavy hitters at Manor abandoning ship, right when the deal with Merc and rear-end deal with Williams is secured? I mean, 2016 is a great chance for them to (finally) build a competitive car. I can understand that they had a very hard time this year, yes, but I fail to understand the timing.
The new owner hasn't kept them in the loop about deals he's tried to work. At one point he tried to work a deal to switch to Renault engines with a RBR gbox, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON. None of the parties involved were impressed with his idea.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

f1316

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/ ... manor-seat

I think this is fairly crazy. Don't know what kind of backing Stevens has but presuming it must be significant. Rossi's stepped into the car and straight away looked quicker and Mehri turned it round to consistently start beating Stevens to the point that he now leads the race head-to-head (rumours on here being that they weren't initially using the same machinery).

Shame if you ask me because this might be a decentish seat next year.

Jonnycraig

They were asking Haryanto for €10m, so that's a decent guideline for what Stevens will be paying.

As for who will be alongside him, Haryanto doesn't have that sort of funding, Vergne & Merhi have no money, Haas won't fund a full season for Rossi, McLaren are already paying their drivers £30m, they surely won't pay another £6m to get Vandoorne a drive so you would imagine Merc will get Wehrlein the seat at somewhere between the £6m Manor want, and the £3m Merc want to pay..

ME4ME

Another driver with money is Giedo van der Garde. I wouldn't be surpriced at all to see him back in F1. What a dull line-up that would be though, Stevens and vd Garde :?

Jonnycraig

ME4ME wrote:Another driver with money is Giedo van der Garde. I wouldn't be surpriced at all to see him back in F1. What a dull line-up that would be though, Stevens and vd Garde :?
He said a few months ago in a follow up piece to 'contractgate' that he had no interest in driving in F1 again. Last seen testing the Renault rs01.

ME4ME

Hard to believe he would turn down a chance to race in F1 again.

Recent news story about vdG:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/van-d ... 6/?v=2&s=1

Very unclear about his future though.

OneAlex

f1316 wrote:http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/ ... manor-seat

I think this is fairly crazy. Don't know what kind of backing Stevens has but presuming it must be significant. Rossi's stepped into the car and straight away looked quicker and Mehri turned it round to consistently start beating Stevens to the point that he now leads the race head-to-head (rumours on here being that they weren't initially using the same machinery).

Shame if you ask me because this might be a decentish seat next year.
"The one thing I've wanted to do is show my speed is good, and if you look across every single session, the fact I've been quicker in the vast majority of them than my team-mate shows the speed is there."

Have I been following a different season to Stevens?

The only time he's been consistently faster than a team-mate was at the start of the year with Mehri, and that was largely down to an advantage in machinery and simulator running his backers paid for. Even then Mehri started closing in and beating Stevens.

I'd go as far to say Mehri was the best of the Manor bunch this year and probably would have been much faster with the right support and training time etc. I know his lack of funding meant he was never going to get the 2016 drive but I'm still disappointed the driver with I believe the worst showing is the one who's got the seat.

BanMeToo

Yea Stevens has not been good, and arrogant to boot.