2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1

Re: 2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Mercedes,Ferrari and Mclaren will be surprisingly close to each other in 2016.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

ME4ME

I know you're a Mclaren fan, but not even Mclaren themselves predict to be on the podium, let alone win races. :)

turbof1

Well, not going to make predictions, but it is possible Honda makes a giant leap like Ferrari did in 2015. As long as the issues are obvious and easily fixable in the off-season (but neigh-impossible to fix during the season), one can suddenly find Mclaren fighting consistently for points and perhaps even podium places.

But please, let's not turn this into a mclaren topic! As always, don't follow the example of your misbehaving dicta... er moderator.
#AeroFrodo

ME4ME

From Ferrari's facebook page. Some telemetry visable.
I figured it's from the Monaco GP (but Abu Dhabi shown on the TV). Circuit layout and telemetry seem to indicate Monaco..
The year is 2012, driver numbers 1-VET, 2-WEB, 3-BUT, 4-HAM .. it was the only year Button had nr 3.

Anyway the telemetry probably isn't that valuable, but I thought it was fun to figure out where/when it was dated :P

basti313

f1316 wrote:
dans79 wrote:No way they gain 1.5 seconds from any kind aero benefit they might get from the Haas relationship. Just like everyone else they need to gain in the engine department first.
Who says 1.5? You're saying they were 1.0 s behind at the end of last year?
they remained on average 0.6 seconds a lap slower than the champions in qualifying
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35218416

I can't find the article now, but others have said the same quali gap with only 0.2 s in the race.
0.2sec is just not true on the average track. Maybe in Malaysia. But Merc was 95% sandbagging through the season. We saw the pace for example in Mexico or Monza when they were unleashing the power on a car without technical problems. There it was nearly a second.

The 0.5 sec claim is also not a claim, but what the top team gained in the last years. RedBull showed it, Merc showed it.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Steven
Owner

Some posts were deleted, other have been moved to the Fanboy yin-yang thread.
This thread is about Ferrari in 2016, not your unfulfilled wishes that Santa forgot to bring.

Hawkeye

I've done a render of a proposed livery...
http://elliotthawkins.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... -2016.html

RicME85

Can you not put these with all the others in the livery thread. Was a post in the Mercedes thread asking you to do just that too.

adrianjordan

RicME85 wrote:Can you not put these with all the others in the livery thread. Was a post in the Mercedes thread asking you to do just that too.
He's posted in most of the team threads. I suspect trying to drive traffic to his blog via search spiders...otherwise the livery thread is easily the most obvious place for them.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sevach

Wet tire testing saw Jock Clear first official appearance in Ferrari colors.

skoop

i really like that livery

Gerhardsa

They need to make a plan with that Marlboro logo. its too big. it should fit inside the white strip, not overlap it. looks silly.

Something along these lines, obviously with the current sponsors and "Marlboro" logo.

BanMeToo

I think it looks better their way, honestly, though it's true the fake Marlboro logo doesn't stand out as much as it could like in your example.

ChrisDanger

Gerhardsa wrote:They need to make a plan with that Marlboro logo. its too big. it should fit inside the white strip, not overlap it. looks silly.
When you say "they", you mean the fan who created the imagined livery?