2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

No rain expected for the weekend, after a rainy week exactly the friday the sun will start shining... how do they do it to avoid rain so efficiently? :?

notsofast

It just occurred to me that the 1996 win in the rain by Schumacher was 20 years ago. Time flies...

Nathanael F1

Qualifying Prediction:
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Ricciardo

Race Prediction:
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel
4. Raikkonen
5. Ricciardo
6. Massa
7. Verstappen
8. Alonso
9. Perez
10. Hulkenberg
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

ME4ME

Nathanael F1 wrote:Qualifying Prediction:
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Ricciardo

Race Prediction:
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel
4. Raikkonen
5. Ricciardo
6. Massa
7. Verstappen
8. Alonso
9. Perez
10. Hulkenberg
Qualifying: HAM-ROS-VET
Race: HAM-ROS-VET-RAI-RIC-VES-BOT-MAS-KVY-PER

flickerf1

Spain preview quotes from drivers and teams: http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... uotes.html
The Wicked + The Divine.

GoranF1

Qualifying Prediction: heavy rain
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso

Race Prediction: wet start
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso
4. Raikkonen
5. Ricciardo
6. Massa
7. Verstappen
8. Button
9. Perez
10. Hulkenberg

EDIT: Vettel and Kvyat to crash in turn1 (Vettel's fault(to be demoted to Haas))
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:No rain expected for the weekend, after a rainy week exactly the friday the sun will start shining... how do they do it to avoid rain so efficiently? :?
The yuse somekind of chemical product to eliminate the clouds haha. Now seriously, it sucks because being the 20th anniversay of Schumacher´s mighty victory it would be great to see a wet race in Barcelona. :(

Ahh, that was an epic race!! (feeling melancholic right now...)

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:You´d like to see Alonso out of the top10 in spain? :roll:
Ups! my mistake, maybe a 8th for him?

Manoah2u

Qually:

1. Hamilton 2. Rosberg
3. Ricciardo 4. Bottas
5. Massa 6. Verstappen

@ Start, vettel has a great start, rosberg has a bad one.
Ricciardo inside of rosberg, Bottas misses braking point and clips back end of Ricciardo.
Ricciardo gets then shunted into Rosberg and can't avoid him, hitting the sidepod of nico.
Nico parks due to radiator damage. Ricciardo lumps to pits to retire.
Massa behind the carnage misses them just marginally but is blocked and sees verstappen
pass and vettel (coming from 7th) has better traction and overtakes verstappen.
Verstappen undercuts Vettel but gets caught in traffic and vettel gets in DRS range.
Vettel overtakes Verstappen by benefitting from traffic and DRS, and verstappen brakes too
late trying to get back the position and loses time in the runoff area and loses ground on vettel.
Raikkonen catches Verstappen but needs to change tires. One wheel doesnt come off easily due
to contact with Massa during the race (causing massa a flat and losing his race) earlier and loses
time. Alonso has a day where everything comes his way and ends up 4th. Grosjean overtook
Raikkonen during the pitstops but suspiciously lets Raikkonen pass without a fight.
Guitterez takes out Kvyat in the first corner. Sainz has a good race but can't overtake Massa
and when trying to get the underut hits the pit limiter too late and gets a drive-through destroying his
home race. Button's out due to technical problems.

Race Result:

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Verstappen
4. Alonso
5. Raikkonen
6. Grosjean

one can fantasize.

In reality, Hamilton probably has yet another technical issue with his Merc after having setup problems all weekend and tension starts to grow @ Merc.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GPR-A duplicate2

Manoah2u wrote:In reality, Hamilton probably has yet another technical issue with his Merc after having setup problems all weekend and tension starts to grow @ Merc.
In a sudden burst of rage and feverish emotions, Lewis starts namecalling Toto and gets into heated arguments. Nico steps in to support Toto and gets a slam dunk from the best side kick of all, Jenson Button who was standing with Lewis to support him. Massive royal rumble erupts inside Mercedes garage and while all the ruckus is unfolding, Paddy slips out and does an underhand deal with Ron to defect Alonso into Mercedes, in place of Lewis. Getting the news of this, Arrivabene hacks in with Anthony Hamilton and offers multi million Malboro deal to Lewis and takes him to Ferrari and drops Kimi. As usual, arrival of Alonso's charisma affects the Mercedes as a whole and they start losing performance of the car. Red Bull quitely infuses their famed energy drinks into the Renault systems and viola, they have super engine and start winning!!! Halleluja, we have a new Champion of the World, ladies and gentlmen, please hail....MMMMMMMMMMMaaaaaaaxxxxxx Verstaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapen...... Max Raises to the background score of "World Hold on"....

Andres125sx

GoranF1 wrote:Qualifying Prediction: heavy rain
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso

1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso
4. Raikkonen
5. Ricciardo
6. Massa
7. Verstappen
8. Button
9. Perez
10. Hulkenberg

EDIT: Vettel and Kvyat to crash in turn1 (Vettel's fault(to be demoted to Haas))
I thought I´m a believer, but if you put Alonso on the podium then I guess my problem is not that bad, there are worst cases :mrgreen:

Unluckily there will be no rain in the whole weekend

GoranF1

Andres125sx wrote:
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso

1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso
4. Raikkonen
5. Ricciardo
6. Massa
7. Verstappen
8. Button
9. Perez
10. Hulkenberg

I thought I´m a believer, but if you put Alonso on the podium then I guess my problem is not that bad, there are worst cases :mrgreen:

someone put on Twitter it will rain friday and saturday......if it rains car means less, driver means more and we all know Alonso is by 2 or 3 levels better thhan any other driver(7 levels better than Vettel) :-# :-# :-#

Andres125sx

GoranF1 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso

1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso
4. Raikkonen
5. Ricciardo
6. Massa
7. Verstappen
8. Button
9. Perez
10. Hulkenberg

someone put on Twitter it will rain friday and saturday......if it rains car means less, driver means more and we all know Alonso is by 2 or 3 levels better thhan any other driver(7 levels better than Vettel) :-# :-# :-#
Just check it on the national weather institute (if that translation makes sense) and it´s true, predictions have changed

http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/predicc ... rs-id08096

So there´s still a chance we can see a wet GP, hopefully! =P~

PS: I agree Alonso is great, but I wouldn´t say that much when compared to Vettel. Seb conviced me about his talent lately. Also, today the car is still vastly important under the rain. It´s not like the old days when a great driver could win on a poor car, today DF is a key factor under the rain.

GoranF1

aral edit. There is no need to express hatred for a driver on the forum.

GoranF1

in the eve of latest Kvyat-Vettel incident..i would just like to remind people of this unusualy hard braking in turn 2 Malaysia 2013 start.

minute 11:40 of the vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wH1ZWtwonU

that is what kind of a person Vettel is.