2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Tom145145

Re: 2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

anel2ka wrote:
Carmack wrote:27.7 Any driver defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full width of the track during his first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his. Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track without justifiable reason.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a ‘significant portion’.

Hamilton had his front wing alongside Rosbergs rear wheel, as shown in a photo below, so, according to the rules, Rosberg should left space.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x60 ... 3LkfD4.jpg

This is how I see it.

edit: Typo, and a qouting error, but you'll get it.
Was rule 27.7 not active in Spa 2014? Honest question.

The rule states that it is on the Strait, not when braking or exiting the corner. At that point the lead car can take the normal racing line.

notsofast

mikeerfol

anel2ka wrote:
Carmack wrote:27.7 Any driver defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full width of the track during his first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his. Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track without justifiable reason.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a ‘significant portion’.

Hamilton had his front wing alongside Rosbergs rear wheel, as shown in a photo below, so, according to the rules, Rosberg should left space.

This is how I see it.

Was rule 27.7 not active in Spa 2014? Honest question.
I believe the rule was introduced after Bahrain 2012.

dans79

anel2ka wrote: Was rule 27.7 not active in Spa 2014? Honest question.
The rules are contextual, the straight is not the same as a turn!
197 104 103 7

Jolle

dans79 wrote:
anel2ka wrote: Was rule 27.7 not active in Spa 2014? Honest question.
The rules are contextual, the straight is not the same as a turn!
Plus Rosberg has a history of forcing his rivals off track on straights by exactly the same maneuver. Very dangerous because safety measures, like gravel traps and sufficient run offs, are not always there.

ringo

GrayGreat wrote:
But in this case, Nico started moving to the right before Hamilton was not even close to being alongside. Rosberg kept moving right because Hamilton was not alongside, and Hamilton kept going there as well. After that, Lewis got alongside for about a fraction of a second, before going off the track, please keep in mind that we are talking about tenths here, 3, 4, 5 at max. Now Rosberg was supposed to look in his mirrors, see that Hamilton was alongside, and change the angle of his steering wheel, all within 5 tenths at max, now let's be fair, I think that is not possible. Do you think it is possible? Stewards described it as racing incident because of the same point. Lewis was alongside for such a short period of time that it was not enough to realize what was going on, hence Nico kept going right.

It doesn't matter if he started moving to the right before Hamilton.
Once another car is quick enough to fit into a gap then the defending car should stop moving over.

As for the rest of the post talking about fractions of a second, if Hamilton was fast enough to dodge Nico coming over, Nico should be fast enough to change the angle of his steering wheel. In fact he was in full control of what he was doing.

Following the regulations strictly, the key is to leave a 1 car gap if a part of the attacking car happens to be in that space. It does not matter who started moving first. First moves only apply to the defender. The attacker is free to move as much as he likes, provided he does not collide directly into the defending car.
Rosberg was simply going too slowly and simply lunged desperately. It's only a racing incident because Rosberg's race was ended. Had he continued he would have been penalized.

It's hard to apportion blame to Hamilton, who has not done anything illegal. Being aggressive is part of overtaking, and all attacking cars are free to be as aggressive as possible provided there is no contact, as there is no regulation against a strong attack or a surprise attack. It's not suposed to be a waltz where you ask permission to overtake. Reading some of the posts here, it's like F1 is supposed to be like a "merry go round" with a menagerie of saddled circus animals, with little children mounted and giggling, floating up and down till the music stops.
Aggression is a big part of the sport and Hamilton was in his right to attack where Nico least expected. Nico just ballsed up.
For Sure!!

Serbian4ever

This is how I see it.

Yes but he started to close Hamilton before that and thats why u cant blame him, in second photo i uploaded same and worse thing done Hamilton at previous races

komninosm

i found this for people who don't live in UK and can't watch the other link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNX55BTTRJU
Analysis by Anthony Davidson

komninosm

basti313 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
komninosm wrote: It was so weird, i thought Vettel had a slow puncture and they weren't sure if they had to change tires or not. I think at one point Ferrari did a fake stop too (people getting ready for a pitstop then withdrawn), didn't they?
Yes, I dont know in which lap was but I saw it. I thought the same because the pit-stop was so early, it compromised Vettel´s race during his last stint.
A later stop had just ended up in P4 instead of P3. The early stop was the way to get him ahead of Ric, there was nothing wrong with it.
No, a later stop would have allowed him to do one less pitstop and stay way ahead of Ric.

Agenda_Is_Incorrect

Aral edit. Post has been removed due to its inappropriate content.
I've been censored by a moderation team that rather see people dying and being shot at terrorist attacks than allowing people to speak the truth. That's racist apparently.

God made Trump win for a reason.

GPR-A duplicate2

ARAL edit. Post removed as it was deliberate trolling and had nothing to do with the race.

SR71

Aral edit. Post removed. Questions about user rating are not relevant to this forum.

Sevach

Something that has seen no discussion is the brilliant move by Verstappen on Vettel outside of turn 3, if he doesn't pull that one the race might've played out differently.

Agenda_Is_Incorrect

Aral edit. This post has been removed due to unhealthy undertones. There is no point in destroying proper debate by posting such comments.
I've been censored by a moderation team that rather see people dying and being shot at terrorist attacks than allowing people to speak the truth. That's racist apparently.

God made Trump win for a reason.

flynfrog

I think we are done here.