Manor MRT05 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
MrCelroy

Re: Manor MRT05 Mercedes

Pierce89 wrote:
MrCelroy wrote:Looks kinda weird seeing it so empty. Regarding the sponsor logos I mean.
That Nose has 1 less sticker than before, that's all
Nope, it's 2 stickers Image
Welcome to the exciting and wonderful world of automobile racing. Enjoy!

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Samraj_official

So was Ocon faster than Wehrlein???? Just curious to know

Atticus

Samraj_official wrote:So was Ocon faster than Wehrlein???? Just curious to know
Haha, I guess many of us were fooled after FP1.

But, no, FP1 was just a glory run; he improved way too much there at the end compared to his runs on other tyres and compared to the earlier gaps to Wehrlein.

From FP2 on, it was a steady 0.9s between the two which came down to about 0.5s in qualifying. In any case, Wehrlein was much quicker. The gap should come down further as Ocon gains experience though.

As for the car - to avoid being entirely off-topic - it should have its best outing in Monza to date, considering how slippery it is in general. Even their default aero setup has either not too much downforce and/or excellent efficiency figures. At Monza of all places, however, they may trim out some wing and it has the potential to upset the car balance and actually deteriorate performance - they haven't run this car in any other aero package apart from maximum downforce so far.
The F1 Formbook - https://thef1formbook.wordpress.com/
Performance analysis of F1 race weekends based on raw official data

Drica

Atticus wrote:
As for the car - to avoid being entirely off-topic - it should have its best outing in Monza to date, considering how slippery it is in general. Even their default aero setup has either not too much downforce and/or excellent efficiency figures. At Monza of all places, however, they may trim out some wing and it has the potential to upset the car balance and actually deteriorate performance - they haven't run this car in any other aero package apart from maximum downforce so far.
Hm, Manor... Always among the best in terms of top speed, but will that be enough for Monza? Im not really sure that they will bring new wings just for one track, as they had to focus early on 2017 if they want to stay ahead of Sauber next year, so that would be a waste of resources. But man id love to see them in low df configuration, they would probably upset some of the bigger teams, McHonda, Toro Rosso...

Drica

Drica wrote:
Atticus wrote:
Hm, Manor... Always among the best in terms of top speed, but will that be enough for Monza? Im not really sure that they will bring new wings just for one track, as they had to focus early on 2017 if they want to stay ahead of Sauber next year, so that would be a waste of resources. But man id love to see them in low df configuration, they would probably upset some of the bigger teams, McHonda, Toro Rosso...
Well, i was wrong... Really wrong
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bite- ... 13681/?s=1

MrCelroy

Full image for easy viewing

dodds_turbo

Interesting change to the nose-mounted cameras - moving from inline with the wing to raised above, does this not increase downforce?

mbchc

dodds_turbo wrote:Interesting change to the nose-mounted cameras - moving from inline with the wing to raised above, does this not increase downforce?
As far as I know, teams treat them as "aero-neutral" component. however I believe there should be a little of gain as the higher it put at the more clean air it can reach...
Mercedes AMG Petronas
AMG|||

mycadcae

mbchc wrote:
dodds_turbo wrote:Interesting change to the nose-mounted cameras - moving from inline with the wing to raised above, does this not increase downforce?
As far as I know, teams treat them as "aero-neutral" component. however I believe there should be a little of gain as the higher it put at the more clean air it can reach...

Can you show technically?
Regard,
Nik Wan, Mechanical Designer, CATIA V5/ Solidworks/Autodesk Inventor/ AutoCAD

mbchc

mycadcae wrote:
mbchc wrote:

Can you show technically?
I forgot there was a thread, one of us suggested the placement of nose cameras can achieve teams a bit of air flow... But my apologies I couldn't find that page for reference

However , I've got this

http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/tran ... amera.html
Mercedes AMG Petronas
AMG|||

MrCelroy

Any pics from Singapore?

MrCelroy

Also, Manor started work on the 2017 car way back in January.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... in-january

aral

MrCelroy wrote:Also, Manor started work on the 2017 car way back in January.

and many teams started in 2015! nothing unusual as most teams prepare well in advance, especially with new regs.

mantikos

aral wrote:
MrCelroy wrote:Also, Manor started work on the 2017 car way back in January.

and many teams started in 2015! nothing unusual as most teams prepare well in advance, especially with new regs.

Whent the regs weren't even close to being ready (in 2015)?