Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
geraldix

Re: Livery thread again!

Anyone willing to give a try at a livery for the upcoming Apple F1 Team? :D

ChrisDanger

geraldix wrote:Anyone willing to give a try at a livery for the upcoming Apple F1 Team? :D

GTO99

[quote="Manoah2u"]some moar

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/proje ... 0eb204.jpg

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/proje ... 0eb80b.jpg

especially diggin' the ferrari one and mclaren one. the sauber livery looks so much better if it's rather metallic blue like the GP2 team instead of flat blue.

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/proje ... 419ac1.jpg

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/proje ... 41a55c.jpg

Great job Manoah2u. =D>
Yes, love the black wings on the Ferrari. I hope they bring it back. [-o<
I'm especially diggin' the Force India. Reminded me of a pic I saw of a black McLaren covered with multiple colors of flow vis after a test run. It looked great. I can't remember the thread I saw it in. I'll try to find & link it.

GM7

Renault F1 2017 with a yellow, black and gold livery :

Jolle

ChrisDanger wrote:
geraldix wrote:Anyone willing to give a try at a livery for the upcoming Apple F1 Team? :D
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2825/1215 ... 067d_o.jpg
I assume Apple doesn't want anti virus sponsorship on their car :P

ScottB

Starscreamer wrote:Wow love the Manor :D
How can it be that we amateurs make better liverys then the F1 teams????
While not a livery designer, I am a designer of sorts, so I'll take a stab at this one!

Simply put, designers sat at home, dreaming up something in isolation, whether it's what they wish Mclaren's livery was or what Facebook looks like, it's just that; an isolated dream

It's quite easy to work up something that looks great on your own, with no brief, no constraints and nobody else's interests to compete with your own. I imagine the brief for an F1 car livery would be hugely restrictive; anything from rules set by your title sponsor's brand people at the top end of the grid, to painting / application costs for the small teams.

Here's quite an interesting read from the guy who worked on Haas' livery that sheds some light on the restrictions and competing views that I would imagine are common:

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/from-m ... -one-grid/

GM7

Manoah2u

They won't do that in F1 risking the danger of getting confused with Sauber, especially since they're in the same backfield at this moment.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

as i stated above, it won't happen, but gawd how goodlooking is a decent shade of blue in F1!

meanwhile, this looks iconic

and i like this too

haas, are you looking?

BMW, why r u not friends with F1 anymore?

toro rosso, PLEASE look at this

"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

GM7

Haas Coca-Cola F1 Team :

Manoah2u

Oh my!!! Liveries based upon driver's respective helmets!

also:

BassTrombone

Based on the rumors that McLaren is close to a deal with Castrol/BP, I made this one. I know the chassis is old but I'm too lazy to make a new template :P

I'll be making more 2017 fantasy liveries soon!

Last edited by BassTrombone on 04 Nov 2016, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Manoah2u

WOW, that is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

oh my, please let it be like that!
puhlease pretty puhlease forward that to Mclaren, please for gawd sake!!!

ajprice

Are there any good blank template images around for the 2017 aero cars? Forza 7 won't be around until September next year :) .

BassTrombone

Manoah, I'm actually pretty sure it won't be like that... McLaren will probably make it look exactly like this year's car with just different logos, but let's keep on dreaming! :)

Anyway, as promised, here are the other 10 teams as imagined by me. Of course, let me know what you think!

Scuderia Ferrari

I used all the current Ferrari sponsors, added a big Italian flag element and gave it a big retro touch with black wings.

Smirnoff Force India

This one was based on an idea that Smirnoff were to increase their involvement and became main sponsor. So, Smirnoff's red and silver give Force India a new look, but the Indian flag colours orange and green still appear in this livery.

Haas F1 Team

This one is based on the idea that Kevin Magnussen moves to Haas and brings the Jack&Jones sponsoring with him. A bigger red HAAS logo adds more colour, too.

Manor Racing

The Gallagher logos are brought by Jordan King, who might get a drive there in 2017. Also, I added the stripes that are already on their clothing this year.

Mercedes AMG F1

I tried adding a little more color to it, without losing the Mercedes identity. Also, big retro numbers were added.

Red Bull Racing

This one is based on the rumors that Exxon/Mobil/Esso are going to sponsor them. Also, to add variety compared to both Toro Rosso and to previous years, I moved the bull to the sidepod.

Renault Sport F1

Rumored sponsorship from Movistar was added, as well as Banco do Brasil logos, because Felipe Nasr is said to be in the picture for the second seat. It makes for a livery that somewhat reminds me of the old Mild Seven Renault one from the 00's.

Sauber F1 Team

It's back to the early 90's black for Sauber, with added logos from Antonio Giovinazzi's sponsors. Oh and by the way, Ericsson and his sponsors stay at the team.

Scuderia Toro Rosso

To make some changes, I decided it's time to promote the Wings for Live charity. Also, I added some more gold accents, as that seems to be STR's second color, looking at their website.

Martini Williams Racing

I tried to add more blue, as that has mostly been one of Williams' main colours over the years. Oh, and Petrobras returns. I don't exactly know why to be honest.