2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 28-30 October

Still normally a penalty dished out for it. (VEt incident )
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

Damn it Nico! Why didnt you just stay down!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

LionKing

PlatinumZealot wrote:Damn it Nico! Why didnt you just stay down!
Perhaps he want to be champion?

SameSame

Good recovery by Rosberg. Hamilton could easily have found a few tenths on that first lap. Would be surprised to see Vettel not being penalised for blatant blocking. Ferrari 6th and 7th? Funny how Vettel said their pace was genuine yesterday. Looking out for Alonso and Perez starting 11th and 12th starting on the softs.

SameSame

SameSame wrote:Good recovery by Rosberg. Hamilton could easily have found a few tenths on that first lap. Would be surprised to see Vettel not being penalised for blatant blocking. Ferrari 6th and 7th? Funny how Vettel said their pace was genuine yesterday. Looking out for Alonso and Perez starting 11th and 12th on the softs.

LionKing

SameSame wrote:Good recovery by Rosberg. Hamilton could easily have found a few tenths on that first lap. Would be surprised to see Vettel not being penalised for blatant blocking. Ferrari 6th and 7th? Funny how Vettel said their pace was genuine yesterday. Looking out for Alonso and Perez starting 11th and 12th starting on the softs.
The issue is Ferrari did not improve with SS tires, others did.
Vettel's SS lap on Q3 was only 0.004 faster than his soft tire Q2 run.

dans79

If he isn't careful tomorrow the Bulls will jump him, and if he finishes 4th, just finishing second to Lewis won't cut it anymore.
197 104 103 7

Phil

I'm more nervous about the start... more than anything. Lets see how that pans out....

EDIT: I'm even considering turning on the TV 5 minutes after the start... just in case... so I don't have to scream at the TV,......
Last edited by Phil on 29 Oct 2016, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

LionKing

dans79 wrote:
If he isn't careful tomorrow the Bulls will jump him, and if he finishes 4th, just finishing second to Lewis won't cut it anymore.
If he takes the lead at the start, it will be a very interesting race.

SameSame

LionKing wrote:
SameSame wrote:Good recovery by Rosberg. Hamilton could easily have found a few tenths on that first lap. Would be surprised to see Vettel not being penalised for blatant blocking. Ferrari 6th and 7th? Funny how Vettel said their pace was genuine yesterday. Looking out for Alonso and Perez starting 11th and 12th starting on the softs.
The issue is Ferrari did not improve with SS tires, others did.
Vettel's SS lap on Q3 was only 0.004 faster than his soft tire Q2 run.
Fair enough, but they should let the results do the talking. They looked quicker than RB all weekend and after qualifying it looks like it will be difficult for them to finish inside the top four. Interesting that Horner said RB prefered starting on the SS instead of the soft.

tonmeister

Juzh wrote:
tonmeister wrote:Vettel clearly blocking Hamilton on Q2. Oh the irony, who´s the idiot now? (refering to Vettel´s insult to Alonso on free practice) Not looking good for Rosberg...
Alonso did it intentionally and vettel didn't. That's the difference.
Proof of that, please. Vettel´s block was blatant...

Nathanael F1

Wow, Ferrari disappoints again.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

nevill3

tonmeister wrote:
Juzh wrote:
tonmeister wrote:Vettel clearly blocking Hamilton on Q2. Oh the irony, who´s the idiot now? (refering to Vettel´s insult to Alonso on free practice) Not looking good for Rosberg...
I watched an onboard video from Vettel's car and he was busy warming his tyres prior to setting his best lap time, he was weaving just prior to the slow corners and was unaware of the impending approach of Hamilton. At the moment Hamilton passes him I think he was adjusting a setting on his steering wheel and it looked like he was taken completely by surprise.

I do not think it was deliberate at all and I hope no further action by the stewards will be needed. Both drivers got through the session so no lasting detrimental impact was caused.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

a1b2i3r45

tonmeister wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Vettel is loosing the plot quite fast and this is what the new comers think of him
Ferrari duo Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel, who share five world championships between them, have been particularly vocal in their opposition of the Dutchman's ploy.
'I think it is a pretty positive thing that they have to apply a rule to get past me,' a typically-bullish Verstappen added. 'You always have the older guys in every sport who speak up a bit more to the younger ones.
'The older guys have been the most vocal, the world champions [in particular]. Lewis doesn't really speak that much. He is pretty relaxed. I just try to be myself and do my own thing.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... wdown.html