2016 Grand Prix of Brazil - Interlagos, 11-13 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ChrisDanger

2016 Grand Prix of Brazil - Interlagos, 11-13 November

Circuit Website:
http://www.autodromodeinterlagos.com.br/wp1/?lang=en

FIA Event and Timing Information:
http://www.fia.com/events/fia-formula-o ... ormation-2

Stats and Times:

Track Map:

Tyre Allocation:

2015 Qualifying Results: (Click image for redirect to Wikipedia)

2015 Race Results: (Click image for redirect to Wikipedia)

2015 Pole Lap:

World Drivers' Championship Standings:

World Constructors' Championship Standings:

ChrisDanger

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Brazil - Interlagos, 11-13 November

The big question for me: can Rosberg make it a hat-trick of Brazil wins and seal the championship, or DNF and hand the advantage back to Hamilton? Or something a bit less dramatic in-between?

raksf1

force india will outperform williams

Vasconia

A Nico victory could be possible if it doesnt rain. But I expect a close battle between them though Nico should be better here. Anyway, he is being super cautious and Lewis needs desperately to win, so we will see...

Ferrari should be strong here, I expect a podium for Sebastian.

Its quite early but will we have rain?

Manoah2u

At this moment it's stating it's on

SATURDAY - 24° /18° (C) Abundant sunshine
SUNDAY - 26° /18° (C) Mostly sunny

three days in advance are rain. monday and tuesday afterwards dry too. from the 16th of November it'll be lots of rain, thunderstorms and bad weather.
Seems like it might be 'just' in the dry period - though offcourse weather forecast never has been the most 'accurate' thing in the world.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

godlameroso

Mine has conditions similar to 2012 for race day.

Pole will be cloudy but dry, I'm guessing a high 1:09.
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan

ChrisDanger wrote:The big question for me: can Rosberg make it a hat-trick of Brazil wins and seal the championship, or DNF and hand the advantage back to Hamilton? Or something a bit less dramatic in-between?
It'll be decided in Q3 to a large degree. I have no doubt that Nico will have been told in the firmest way that punting off Lewis would be a very bad thing. It would win Nico the title, true, but at what cost to the team relationship?

Lewis needs to win, Nico to come only second, so slotting in to second shouldn't be an issue for Nico. This presupposes that Nico isn't already ahead by the first corner, of course. Statistically, you'd expect Nico to be leading out of T1. In which case it will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the following straight.

The temptation to "do a Michael" will be enormous...

I expect Nico to win here, ceteris paribus, which will mean he'd just need a podium finish at the last race to take the season.

It's Nico's for the taking: Lewis can do nothing to positively change his own chances. Lewis needs Nico to have a disaster and that's not likely.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Vasconia

Just_a_fan wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:The big question for me: can Rosberg make it a hat-trick of Brazil wins and seal the championship, or DNF and hand the advantage back to Hamilton? Or something a bit less dramatic in-between?
It'll be decided in Q3 to a large degree. I have no doubt that Nico will have been told in the firmest way that punting off Lewis would be a very bad thing. It would win Nico the title, true, but at what cost to the team relationship?

Lewis needs to win, Nico to come only second, so slotting in to second shouldn't be an issue for Nico. This presupposes that Nico isn't already ahead by the first corner, of course. Statistically, you'd expect Nico to be leading out of T1. In which case it will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the following straight.

The temptation to "do a Michael" will be enormous...

I expect Nico to win here, ceteris paribus, which will mean he'd just need a podium finish at the last race to take the season.

It's Nico's for the taking: Lewis can do nothing to positively change his own chances. Lewis needs Nico to have a disaster and that's not likely.
This "do a Michael" wont happen because he doesnt need to do it. If he is second he only needs to keep the position. If he is on pole, he wont fight too hard with Lewis because he has more to loose than to win. Lewis will be more tempted to do something strange because he needs something extra to win the WC.

Just_a_fan

Agreed. But pressure does strange things to people who would ordinarily be very calm and reasoned in their actions.

I don't think Nico will be silly.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

TwanV

Such a wonderful circuit, love the bumps and all the corners. Very enjoyable that 2015 pole lap.

F1NAC

I just hope that Nico will take the title here. Just to steal the show from Abu Dhabi

Manoah2u

But WILL Mercedes undercut Rosberg if Lewis is behind? What if?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Juzh

godlameroso wrote:Pole will be cloudy but dry, I'm guessing a high 1:09.
That's optimistic imo.

godlameroso

They did a 1:11 last year, same soft compound, I think they have another second in hand at least, maybe more, in which case a 1:09.992 doesn't seem impossible although a 1:10.4xx seems more likely. It better rain, the medium compound can easily go half distance, and the soft is also a very good race tire around here. In my opinion the hard compound is completely useless, I really hope it along with the medium are the mandatory compounds.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

Hmm. I want it to rain so Ham can thrash Nico, but on the flipside, the redbulls will be faster and I don't want that.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏