2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

Team: Red Bull Racing
Base: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Team principal: Christian Horner
Technical director(s): Adrian Newey

Race drivers:
3 Image Daniel Ricciardo
33 Image Max Verstappen

Test drivers : ???

Chassis: RB13
Engine: TAG HEUER V6 Turbo (Rebranded Renault PU)

2016 position: 2nd (468 pts)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2017 Red Bull Racing F1 TEAM
Last edited by Manoah2u on 05 Dec 2016, 22:31, edited 2 times in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

turbof1

Re: 2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

Pinned
#AeroFrodo

lio007

Any reason for keeping "Infiniti" in the team name?

Manoah2u

lio007 wrote:Any reason for keeping "Infiniti" in the team name?
numbers and characters blindness after seeing too much code and symbols in a short amount of time; ergo, derp.
corrected!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bill shoe

I hereby christen Red Bull favorites to win both titles. I think this is basically the paddock consensus, I'm not going out on a limb here.

Real question is Ricciardo or Verstappen. Red Bull have traditionally been very hands-off with their drivers, meaning no Mercedes-type driving etiquette rules/controls/consequences. So logically, Verstappen will continue the pass-via-pushoff approach. Ricciardo will have to adapt to the same or come in second. I'm rooting for Ricciardo but can't predict the outcome. I think it will be an interesting season.

DiogoBrand

I expect all Power Units to be much closer to each other next season, but in no way I think that automatically puts Red Bull as favourites to win the championships.
Mercedes did enjoy a power unit advantage over the last three seasons, and Red Bull did show that even with less power, their chassis development can work wonders toward competitiveness. But there's still no evidence that RB's chassis is, in fact, better than Mercedes'.
To me the only thing that's almost certain is that Red Bull and Mercedes will be the ones fighting for the trophies at the end, but I wouldn't say one is favourite over the other, not to mention that on a rule change as big as this, a lot of unexpected things can happen, and as unlikely as it is, maybe at the end of the year a third team will get the titles.

As for the rivalry inside the team, I think Verstappen can do amazing things, as shown in Brazil and in many other opportunities over the year, but to me Ricciardo is still the better driver. He may not be as flamboyant and aggressive, but he's still really fast, and doesn't lack the skills to fight for position either. Also, Max has a tendency to, sometimes, counteract his acts of genius with some flops, as shown by the fact that he still didn't manage to finish a Monaco Grand Prix, which to me shows a lack of consistency, and calmness when necessary (as is the case of Monaco), things that Daniel overflows with.
So my bet: Constructors: Mercedes/Red Bull;
Better driver of the team: Ricciardo.

djos

bill shoe wrote: Real question is Ricciardo or Verstappen. Red Bull have traditionally been very hands-off with their drivers, meaning no Mercedes-type driving etiquette rules/controls/consequences.
Really, did you not watch the Vettel/Webber years?
"In downforce we trust"

DiogoBrand

djos wrote:
bill shoe wrote: Real question is Ricciardo or Verstappen. Red Bull have traditionally been very hands-off with their drivers, meaning no Mercedes-type driving etiquette rules/controls/consequences.
I guess it's more down to the size of the dominance than a team's 'tradition'.
Red Bull's dominance was never as big as Mercedes', so they'd favour one driver to increase their chances.
Mercedes, for the last three seasons, was certain that the Drivers' title would stay between their drivers, so they could afford to let them fight amongst themselves.
Letting your drivers fight when you're not certain of the title has proven time and time again to be a really naive strategy (McLaren 2007, Williams 1986 and many other examples that I don't know of).

lio007

Manoah2u wrote:
lio007 wrote:Any reason for keeping "Infiniti" in the team name?
numbers and characters blindness after seeing too much code and symbols in a short amount of time; ergo, derp.
corrected!
Thanks, great work BTW.

ME4ME

Aston Martin extends Red Bull Racing deal
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/aston ... al-857252/

bill shoe

djos wrote:
Good point, it would be better to say they maintain a public/official "hands-off" stance while giving one driver emotional support (and occasional newer front wings) behind the scenes. They haven't yet decided which driver is the chosen one, but they seem to be leaning toward Max.

Ricciardo needs to assert himself on Max early in the season. This doesn't necessarily require a win or even a higher finishing position, but it does require a willingness to close the door on him or make him pay a price for a bump-n-run attempt.

My bigger point is that if Red Bull decides to allow bump-n-run between the two teammates (as opposed to Max simply doing it to drivers on other teams) then Ricciardo must be ready/willing/able to play that game. If that's what Formula 1 becomes, then that's what it becomes.

Fifty

Rumor mill is that on an average day, Red Bull management plays more games than Mr Ferrari himself did at his worst.

I think that the PU's are dang near similar now, and will definitely be after the break.
But it's up in the air with the 2017 car change!
It's a clean slate, and just as Merc got it so right and advanced last time and was ahead enough that it took 2 years for others to catch up; they can just as easily be on the wrong foot at the start!

Really it's anyone's guess who will have the superior chassis at the beginning of next season.

szilva01

Fifty wrote:Rumor mill is that on an average day, Red Bull management plays more games than Mr Ferrari himself did at his worst.

I think that the PU's are dang near similar now, and will definitely be after the break.
But it's up in the air with the 2017 car change!
It's a clean slate, and just as Merc got it so right and advanced last time and was ahead enough that it took 2 years for others to catch up; they can just as easily be on the wrong foot at the start!

Really it's anyone's guess who will have the superior chassis at the beginning of next season.
The engine formula remains the same, so worst case for them is they wont have a space rocket and have to put in a little effort for the wins.
--

ringo

Ricciardo i feel will be the quicker in qualifying more times than not over Verstappen, and if the car is closer to the front, he will probably have it easier than in 2016 to keep Max behind. 2016 saw a few strategic gambles that worked out for Max for than Daniel. Though we can't ignore that there were weekends when max was just better.
As for the team i think they had the stronger chassis this year. In every situation with changing conditions they were better than the mercedes. The car also has the best braking capabilities of all the cars on the grid. This edge enhanced Max's style of blocking and also Daniel's dive bomb move. The car is so confident under late braking these guys had plenty of control to do precision movements in the braking zone. So with those sings of good chassis; braking, traction, i think Redbull will have the lightest and best chassis next year. They were a whisker behind on high speed cornering, and i think this was down to downforce levels allowable by engine power.
For Sure!!

ME4ME

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... appen--rbr

Honeymoon period to end in about 89 days..