McLaren MCL32 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Gerhardsa

Re: McLaren MCL32 Honda

GoranF1 wrote:What do you guys think about The Bargeboards area? Does it look undeveloped compared to others to you?
McLaren are notorious for giving you a launch car that is nothing like the real car.

I am sure that the rest will be filled in to compliment that amazing front and rear wings. Simply next level those two elements.

I am sure, almost 100% that if they can be so creative with front and rear wings, surely....SURELY the rest of the car that will hit the track, be it testing or 1st race, will be just as sophisticated.

Surely? :?

Here's to hoping

McMika98

wesley123

Diesel wrote:I'm a bit disappointed really, it doesn't really look like that much of a departure from last year's car. I don't foresee this winning anything.
Considering the management as of the past few months and the lack of results in the past 4 years McLaren doesn't really have much room to be agressive/risky in their design.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Jef Patat

GoranF1 wrote:What do you guys think about The Bargeboards area? Does it look undeveloped compared to others to you?
Check it in the top view, there are several elements that you can't see from the side. In the top view they almost look transparent (stupid lighting)
Last edited by Jef Patat on 24 Feb 2017, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

Thunder

Gerhardsa wrote:
McLaren are notorious for giving you a launch car that is nothing like the real car.

I am sure that the rest will be filled in to compliment that amazing front and rear wings. Simply next level those two elements.

I am sure, almost 100% that if they can be so creative with front and rear wings, surely....SURELY the rest of the car that will hit the track, be it testing or 1st race, will be just as sophisticated.

Surely? :?

Here's to hoping
Well as i said in the Merc Thead i wouldn't bet in the McLaren or the RedBull to Sport Aero Appendages as crazy looking as the Mercedes. That is just not Adrian Newey's style (and therefore for a good Part Peter Prodromou). But no doubt they will all be on the same level of sophistication.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Mattchu

The rear wing is outstanding, the place where the launch is looks like it could be a game show!

The front wing is a work of art (even though it`s just a Merc rip off), it still amazes me that the`re held on by just that tiny bit but come under such extreme loads. Would the side skirts on the front of the nose just be used for smoothing the air into the barge boards or ?

Thunder

Mattchu wrote: The front wing is a work of art (even though it`s just a Merc rip off)
It's a widened MP4-31 Frontwing.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

ALO_Power

Interesting stuff =D> ! Let's hope that this package will be good enough. Can't wait to see all the details when it hits the track.

Jef Patat

Mattchu wrote:The front wing is a work of art (even though it`s just a Merc rip off)
I'm failing to see why, they are very different.

namao

It's important to remark that it's only the launch spec. It has no sense trying to discover the aero details.

ALO_Power

What you guys think of the multiple slots of the fw mount ?

dren

Not a lot to really comment on aside from the rear wing side supports and nose support for the front wing. The front suspension is forward oriented, but doesn't look like it's pushed as forward as the Mercedes.
Honda!

max_speed

car looks like batmobile to me. that rear wing is something special , goshhh a masterpiece. i just love the launch spec for sure most aggressive car launched so far. i am damn sure red bull gonna better it with some fins and fancy aero designs.

Jef Patat

namao wrote:It's important to remark that it's only the launch spec. It has no sense trying to discover the aero details.
Come on, don't take the fun out of it 8)

Pany

Wrong. If you are in deep --- and you know in 2017 u can not win or get podiums, thats the right moment to take risks and develop any new concepts. This way you better invest for the future. There is nothing to loose since 4°, 5° or 6° position doesnt change anything in Mclaren. The front part and the rear end of the car look good and well modified. The sidepods and centerpart remains pretty the same.
The real problem is Boulier and Alonso faces were not happy at all!!! this means the Honda engine inside does not deliver what promised? could be the end of Honda as engine supplier? thats the big question
Jef Patat wrote:
Check it in the top view, there are several elements that you can't see from the side. In the top view they almost look transparent (stupid lighting)