Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
lio007

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Thunders wrote:Deleted another set of Pictures. As aral said already, stop posting Pictures of the Pit Stop Dummy Car in the RB13 Thread.
TBH I don't get it why so many posts are deleted instead of moved into another thread e. g. Team thread

Let's assume RBR comes to Melbourne with a pit-stop-training-car-like-frontwing-spec, we could not compare them because of deleted posts :P

Sevach

Webber2011

Only just saw this pic, and was going to post it but you beat me :D

The way the flow viz has two different lines that have a distinct gap between them me amazes me.
One straight into the side pod inlet, and the other travelling underneath !

I haven't seen such a clear pic of that on any of the cars during this test.

I'd imagine that is fantastic at getting all the air where you want it.,

Maybe some of you Aero guys could go into detail, and explain how good/bad this is for me please ?

lio007

Detailled flow-viz shots:

Thunder

More FlowViz goodness by AMuS:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

turbof1

lio007 wrote:
Thunders wrote:Deleted another set of Pictures. As aral said already, stop posting Pictures of the Pit Stop Dummy Car in the RB13 Thread.
TBH I don't get it why so many posts are deleted instead of moved into another thread e. g. Team thread

Let's assume RBR comes to Melbourne with a pit-stop-training-car-like-frontwing-spec, we could not compare them because of deleted posts :P
If you read the rules outlined in the very first post of every car topic, The car topics only handle about that specific's car hardware. Further outlined in there is that we only move posts about the power unit as that is a gray zone (part of the car hardware, but it has its own separate topic; note we will delete posts complaining about PU's as those aren't fitting in the PU topic). The sole reason is because we have to handle 10 car threads, and off topic discussions can quickly grow to several pages. Moving all those posts eats away a lot of time which we could otherwise spend on moderating other topics.
#AeroFrodo

PhillipM

Could be a smoke generator and a camera pod to monitor it?

GhibliGT

when you check the picture album of jagunx51 you also see a picture of a mobile brake cooling device , I suspect this to create condense or so..

Blackout

roon

That's a pit boom interfering with the shot, and bits of dry ice coming out of the leaf blower they use to cool the brakes.

Godius

At first glance I thought that the side pod crash structure tips could create a vortex on their own but as seen on the flow-vis details that effect is minimal.

Vanja #66

Are you talking about vortex or turbulence?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie