Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

roon

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

They started angling the bottom edge of the endplate up this season. Use the top edge of the endplate if you're trying to measure deflection.

mmred

roon wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 16:00
They started angling the bottom edge of the endplate up this season. Use the top edge of the endplate if you're trying to measure deflection.
the deflection is measured just fine
the above photo gives the reference not an ideal horizontal line passing by the lower edge of the endplate
the result is quite surprising it seems the deformation is not only related to the rear part of the wing flecting down under load but surprisingly it s the horizontal tunnel in the edge that flects down related to the same vertical edge...
it seems made of the same material the noose was made years ago , chewing gum like

LookBackTime

Sevach

carisi2k

Red Bull will not like those photo's what so ever.

Writinglife

Definitely won't like them, but they, along with all the other teams, enjoy it when people take photos of the other cars in the same situation.

roon

I don't think it's a big deal for them. The floors are 90% flat and can contain only a restricted variety of geometry when they aren't flat. The edge details on the floor & barge-boards can often be deduced from topside photos. For those who design these cars for a living, I doubt they see much that surprises them in these hoisting photos.

Moose

roon wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 16:02
I don't think it's a big deal for them. The floors are 90% flat and can contain only a restricted variety of geometry when they aren't flat. The edge details on the floor & barge-boards can often be deduced from topside photos. For those who design these cars for a living, I doubt they see much that surprises them in these hoisting photos.
Yeh, the thing that they don't want is a photo showing the entire layout of the diffuser. These ones are with the car hanging at such a bad angle to see the diffuser that they're pointless for other designers.

Sieper

It does feel a little like peeking under a ladies skirt right? I am sure this shows more then they would like to reveal. But probably the most development is in the hydraulic rear suspension and that can't be seen from the outside.

froggy

Is it just me or does it look like from the picture comparison, the front suspension is new as well?

Flying JPS Lotus

Is it just me or is RBR running more rake on the RB13 than they were at the beginning of the season?

"Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!"

#AeroUruk-Hai

f1rules

rb aparently being watched by its rivals because of their new frontwing, i said from the beginning the flex on this frontwing was extra ordinary

PhillipM

Well, they've decoupled the much stiffer endplate from the flaps, so they can pivot around the front mounting, simple and clever, as it also lets high pressure air spill sideways as the gap opens to the vertical endplate.

Sevach